WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» Creston Poker run
April 22nd 2018, 9:50 am by Rick_308

» Spearhead trails GPX files?
April 21st 2018, 7:06 pm by Pattersonrick

» 2 way radio
April 20th 2018, 2:18 pm by kymedic

» Riding in Boone and Logan WV
March 24th 2018, 11:09 am by kman23

» 2018 SPRING RIDE CHARITY
March 18th 2018, 7:54 pm by keeter

» interco tires
March 16th 2018, 8:28 am by Timmi

» 2018 Spring Ride
February 28th 2018, 1:02 am by My 800

» 2018 Pickens Poker Run
February 20th 2018, 5:00 pm by OhioRZRrider32

» Christmas
January 2nd 2018, 12:16 pm by Timmi

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

neuromax

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

simoniz

Top posting users this month
Sandi B

Pattersonrick

Timmi

Bubbaz

kymedic

Rick_308

Most active topic starters
bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Steve K

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

SxS aftermarket seats

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: SxS aftermarket seats   October 17th 2013, 8:55 pm

I have a Question I have been wanting to ask u guys. I have been wanting to get a set of aftermarket seats. How in the heck do you shop for a set without being able to sit in them?

I wish there was a place you could go and sit in a few to see what they are like. 
For the guys that have bought aftermarket seats....how did you base your decision on buying them if you can't sit in them and try them out?

I appreciate your feedback and replies.
Back to top Go down
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 17th 2013, 9:27 pm

I have been looking at a set also. I have been looking on the RZR forum and I have based my decision on guys that have owned several brands. One of the most popular seats I have found are the UTV Giant Apex seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 17th 2013, 9:33 pm

Well right now I have been looking at PRP and Pro Armor. I just don't know which one fits the machine the best and which one feels the best when I sit in it
Back to top Go down
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 17th 2013, 9:41 pm

The PRP is a popular seat also. Alot of the guys like the UTV Giant seats because they have a good fit, they didn't lose any leg room, they have a space in the back of the seat to let water out, and the ease getting in and out of the sxs. They also said the seats were easy to get out.
Back to top Go down
mule822

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2011-09-11

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 17th 2013, 10:02 pm

T bone I have a set of the new pro armor interceptors and a demo pro armor sniper seat. Would you be interested in coming down to sit in them? I honestly feel for the price that they have superior craftsmanship and comfort. They have good containment and still allow for movement. I've sat in a few of the twisted stitch seats and they were comfortable but I didn't like how high the sides came up. To me it made getting in and out of the machine a little more difficult. As far as the prp they have very good quality and many ordering options. I like the idea of the mesh section between the base and seat back for not allowing water to collect in the seat. Since seeing that I've been urging my customers to add the removable seat base option to there pro armor seat orders because it intergrates the mesh material on the bottom between seat back and base. This only only opinion on the utv giant seat so hopefully no one gets offended but I personally feel for the money they get for there seats essentially your getting a stock style seat on steroids which doesn't give you much containment. As far as fitment for your machine you will require an additional seat base to allow for running aftermarket seats. I hope this helps you out
Back to top Go down
BigMotts

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2012-05-29

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 19th 2013, 10:50 pm

Gotta say , I love my twisted stitch seats. Most comfortable seats Ive had and Ive owned every brand. That being said all of them are pretty comfortable compared to stock. I agree with mule the separate bottom thing is the way to go because of water retention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pocahontasatvresort.com
shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 9:50 am

Great info. Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 11:23 am

thanks for the replies so far. What happens if you buy a set of seats and it raises up the seat position or moves the seat position to where you dont like the seats. Can you just return them or does that never happen?

I know I have to get the new bases for the maverick but with that I am afraid it will move the seat to a point that doesnt work for driving the machine.
Back to top Go down
Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the information feed back is what u need to base your decision
Back to top Go down
mule822

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 8:24 pm

T Bone as far as Pro Armor and PRP they both Produce the seats as the order comes in. Each seat is handmade as the order is placed. I know with these 2 companies there are no refunds or returns on there seats unless there is a Production defect. On top of that these seats come freight so by the time you payed to ship back you would have bought them again. I would definitely do some solid research based on other peoples feedback as far as the seats go. I have sold a ton of the pro armor seats for RZR's but unfortunately I haven't sold any for the maverick. I did receive word that Pro Armor will match the yellow color. I would definitely do your homework before you invest. After all your the one paying for and riding in them. I will help you out in anyway I can.
Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 8:37 pm

Yea that's what I was afraid of. I just don't know what to do in order to make this happen and do it right. I like those pro armors a lot but it seems the prp seat is ready to go for the maverick. I have seen a lot of them in mavericks. I may be ordering a set of those.
Back to top Go down
mule822

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 9:03 pm

In all honesty I was thinking the same thing on the PRP seats. When your ready let me know and we can get you the best deal possible!
Back to top Go down
Rick S

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 9:05 pm

U don't like the seats in your maverick?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 9:08 pm

Love them but like aftermarket too with harnesses 

Mule.  If I could have any seat I want I would get a Beard racing set. They look Hott
Back to top Go down
mule822

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 9:18 pm

Check out the prp harness's. I like them because you each strap is separate. That will help for getting your seats in and out a lot easier. I run my lap belt for normal riding then when I want to get a little crazy I can put the shoulders on.
Back to top Go down
kennylacy

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 20th 2013, 9:38 pm

You should have came to Gilbert, they had a vender there that had them all set up and you could try them......
Back to top Go down
Rick S

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   October 21st 2013, 6:21 am

IHY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SxS aftermarket seats   

Back to top Go down

SxS aftermarket seats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM :: General Chat :: Technical and Mod Section-
Jump to: