WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» Poker Run Wirt
August 14th 2017, 11:56 am by hotrod50

» Poker run Creston?
August 7th 2017, 8:53 pm by Bubbaz

» Too quiet
August 6th 2017, 10:45 am by Rick_308

» poker
August 6th 2017, 10:43 am by Rick_308

» Anyone???
July 31st 2017, 8:39 am by Timmi

» The Potential Return of Great Googly Moogly
July 30th 2017, 10:21 pm by rayray

» New guy from Maryland
July 26th 2017, 11:04 am by TBONE21

» 2017 Fall Ride
July 24th 2017, 11:55 pm by My 800

» 2017 rzr 900 trail
July 21st 2017, 9:16 am by HEADHUNTER

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
TBONE21

Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

Top posting users this month
Rick_308

Bubbaz

hotrod50

TBONE21

Most active topic starters
TBONE21

bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Billy

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 12:04 am

The  following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS  Sunday  Morning  Commentary.

My confession: 

I don't like getting pushed around for being a  Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for  being Christians.  I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, 'Period'.  I have no  idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly  atheist country.  I can't find it in the Constitution and I  don't like it being shoved down my throat . . .

Or maybe I  can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we  should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God  as we understand Him?  I guess that's a sign that I'm  getting old, too.  But there are a lot of us who are  wondering where these celebrities came from and where the  America we knew went to.

In light of the many jokes we  send to one another for a laugh, this is a little  different:  This is not intended to be a joke; it's not  funny, it's intended to get you thinking. 

In  light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings,  etc..  I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she  was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she  didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK.  Then  someone said you better not read the Bible in school...   The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and  love your neighbor as yourself.  And we said  OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our  children when they misbehave, because their little personalities  would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr.  Spock's son committed suicide).  We said an expert should  know what he's talking about..  And we said  okay . . .

Now we're asking ourselves why our Children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it  doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and  themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard  enough, we can figure it out.  I think it has a great deal  to do with !

WE REAP WHAT WE SOW

Funny how simple it is  for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to  hell.  Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but  question what the Bible says.  Funny how you can send  'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when  you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think  twice about sharing.  Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and  obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public  discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.  Are you laughing yet? Funny how when you forward  this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will  think of you for sending it. Funny how we can be more  worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks  of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit  

If not, then just discard it... no one will know you did.  But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit  back and complain about what bad shape the world is in.    

My Best Regards,  Honestly and  respectfully,  

Ben  Stein
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 12:11 am

The Question Of The Year!!!!??  

We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.  

How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?  

What's interesting is, the first group "worked for" their money...the second didn't!!?
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 12:14 am

Tobacco Smoke Enemas (1750s-1810s) The tobacco enema was used to infuse tobacco smoke into a patient's rectum for various medical purposes, primarily the resuscitation of drowning victims.  A rectal tube inserted into the anus was connected to a fumigator and bellows that forced the smoke towards the rectum.
The warmth of the smoke was thought to promote respiration, but doubts about the credibility of tobacco enemas led to the popular phrase "blowin' smoke up your ass". 

It has been reintroduced in Washington, by the Obama Administration as an integral part of 
the Affordable Health Care
 Program.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 12:44 am

Good Post 
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 1:05 am

I feel the same way billy  Let\'s Ride 
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 1:12 am

Rick I have had cabin fever for 2 months, ready to do trip soon, ps lost your phone number or input it incorrectly, i am a d.a.
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 1:14 am

if BobbD gets his machine back by the end of the week and u all arnt working, lets ride end of this week or when ever?
Back to top Go down
Rick S

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 1:22 am

Billy my number 540 320 3972
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 8:51 am

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66

Number of posts : 2119
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 9:53 am

Good Post 
Back to top Go down
TBONE21

Number of posts : 17036
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 12:59 pm

Biiiiillllly!!!!

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 1:31 pm

Good Post  
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 1:34 pm

"None are so blind as those who will not see"  

Here's a shocker!

The United States is currently 3rd from the top in Murders throughout the World.

But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom in Murders.

These 4 Cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States.

And all 4 Cities are controlled by Democrats.

However ---- It probably would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data
Back to top Go down
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 7:38 pm

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
big g

Number of posts : 3689
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 7:51 pm

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Rick S

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 6th 2014, 8:05 pm

Thanks billy for the information
Back to top Go down
johnboy

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 18th 2014, 1:03 am

you know billy people are ashamed of God when madelien ohare first started trying to get prayer out of school i was bout 10 years old and lived in radford va, my mom would type up petitions using carbon paper only 3 or 4 copies at a time walked all over radford trying to get signatures and people would say i dont want to get involved  or it wont happen or some other excuse i wonder what would they say now did any of you guys see pic of pitdogs machine with tree through it i was the one riding in that seat 5 minutes before that. God loves us and protects us even when we are not aware i feel God reached down that day and said not today johnboy    just thought i would share
Back to top Go down
BobT

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 18th 2014, 1:14 am

Below is an article by a Conservative Pro gun site regarding the 4 cities story above

4 cities myth
Back to top Go down
bubba53

Number of posts : 12043
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 18th 2014, 9:52 am

johnboy wrote:
you know billy people are ashamed of God when madelien ohare first started trying to get prayer out of school i was bout 10 years old and lived in radford va, my mom would type up petitions using carbon paper only 3 or 4 copies at a time walked all over radford trying to get signatures and people would say i dont want to get involved  or it wont happen or some other excuse i wonder what would they say now did any of you guys see pic of pitdogs machine with tree through it i was the one riding in that seat 5 minutes before that. God loves us and protects us even when we are not aware i feel God reached down that day and said not today johnboy    just thought i would share
Amen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   January 18th 2014, 11:16 am

We all know the country is headed in the wrong direct! It has been for decades! But is there any way to turn the ship around? Even with things like the internet where you can reach millions of people in seconds, we seem to gravitate away from serious topics. Maybe we are all just tired of the negative and are looking for a moment to smile! Who knows!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore   

Back to top Go down

Not for Atheist...just something to ponder or ignore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1