WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» New guy from Maryland
June 19th 2017, 9:57 pm by WHITETAILCHASER

» Anyone???
June 6th 2017, 8:13 am by Timmi

» 2017 Fall Ride
May 30th 2017, 11:02 pm by dsawdy

» I need a favor
May 29th 2017, 12:59 am by My 800

» pictures
May 23rd 2017, 5:35 pm by Gary

» Camping On trail suggestions
May 19th 2017, 10:27 am by gfunk

» Anyone Riding 5/19
May 19th 2017, 8:13 am by ElmoEOD

» 2017 JBS Spring Ride Video
May 17th 2017, 2:44 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Maxxis Bighorn 2s on Can Am wheels
May 12th 2017, 8:08 pm by Ontrack

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
TBONE21

Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

Top posting users this month
Finzup

mikec

WHITETAILCHASER

Timmi

dsawdy

bstouffer

barsav

Most active topic starters
TBONE21

bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Getting ready for Spring Ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TBONE21

Number of posts : 17031
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 11:23 am

This weekend I spent some time going over my machine checking everything and making sure everything was good. I will say I was impressed that all the suspension parts were tight and good. With 800 miles the bushings are still right on. I got all the shock bushings cleaned and regreased, plus a whole bunch of other maint stuff. She's ready to roll.

I also had to clean my foam secondary air filter on the maverick. It was time might as well. I had to go buy cleaner and oil for it. I ended up getting that bel-ray oil and cleaner for it. I have never heard of bel ray products but boy that stuff sure is good. There wasn't a spec of dust or dirt past that filter. Im going to check into their engine oils and may start running it.  thumbs up 

Is anyone else doing all their maint work getting ready? 

Let\'s Ride    wv sxs riders rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 11:30 am

I started going over my Wildcat for the ride and it as a good thing I did. The switch for my UHF radio had gone bad and the radio was not coming on. I was able to switch some things around and put the radio on another switch until the replacement arrives. I was going to change differential fluids prior to the ride but I was not able to find the right fluid locally (didn't look real hard) so I ordered in online and it will get here when it gets here....I will change the fluids then. I was going to take my tire that I have plugged twice now to a tire repair shop and have better plugs put in but its holding air better now then it ever has so I am going to leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 2:11 pm

I half ass washed mine finally from the last ride and installed my Kenwood 2 way radio finally and put a new antenna & cable on it and that's all I'm going to get done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
GETERDUN

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 4:53 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
This weekend I spent some time going over my machine checking everything and making sure everything was good. I will say I was impressed that all the suspension parts were tight and good. With 800 miles the bushings are still right on. I got all the shock bushings cleaned and regreased, plus a whole bunch of other maint stuff. She's ready to roll.

I also had to clean my foam secondary air filter on the maverick. It was time might as well. I had to go buy cleaner and oil for it. I ended up getting that bel-ray oil and cleaner for it. I have never heard of bel ray products but boy that stuff sure is good. There wasn't a spec of dust or dirt past that filter. Im going to check into their engine oils and may start running it.  thumbs up 

Let\'s Ride    :wv sxs riders

Damn Tbone.......800 miles.  Better get a new ride that one is about shot. lol!
Back to top Go down
TBONE21

Number of posts : 17031
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 5:12 pm

GETERDUN wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

Theres something in the works. Right now its TBA.  Yahoo!  
Back to top Go down
bstouffer

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2013-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 5:49 pm

I have been messing with mine for a week. Built a rear rack, got my fuel can mounted and picked a spare tire & wheel on ebay. Son in law got his out to mess with his radio and discovered a rear wheel bearing was shot, got that replaced. Other than fueling them up we are ready to head south !
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66

Number of posts : 2119
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 5:55 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
GETERDUN wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

I hears you were going to the dark side, Pooplaris.  
Back to top Go down
GETERDUN

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 7th 2014, 7:04 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
GETERDUN wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

Yea I heard James was building you a Whino!  Seems to be the only chance you will have to keep up. ROFL  ROFL  ROFL
Back to top Go down
shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 8th 2014, 7:47 am

Worked on my RZR last weekend as well. Washed off & greased. Topped off all fluids.

Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
bubba53

Number of posts : 12043
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 8th 2014, 8:43 am

I just have to get the cobwebs off of the Red Solo Truck
Back to top Go down
groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 8th 2014, 6:44 pm

Changed the differential fluids in my wildcat.  The front drain bolt is a pain to get back in.  Other than that it's a breeze.  It's nice being able to use, off the shelf, gear oil instead of some special oil like in the rzr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 8th 2014, 8:08 pm

Don't they recommend Hypoid gear oil in the WC? I could find that on any shelf around me.....had to order in online.
Back to top Go down
groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   April 8th 2014, 8:45 pm

Yes, they recommend hypoid.  I'm using standard Lucas 80-90. The recommended weight.  It is hypoid gear compatible as seen by the label  on the back of the bottle.  You could go to a synthetic.  I change the oil every 3-4 hundred miles.  It gets dirty fast.  Read the label at the auto store to see if it is compatible.  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Spring Ride   

Back to top Go down

Getting ready for Spring Ride
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1