WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» March 12th & 13th @ Hot Rods with Bobby D & Geterdun
November 15th 2017, 7:51 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Any atv riders left out there?
November 14th 2017, 5:07 pm by Timmi

» overland expedition - potts mountian
November 14th 2017, 2:40 pm by offroadohio

» 2018 Spring Ride
November 10th 2017, 12:16 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 2013 RZR XP 900 4
November 9th 2017, 10:29 pm by itsavrod

» 2014 Polaris Ranger Crew PRICE REDUCED
November 5th 2017, 9:57 pm by pazzoasino

» 2018 Pickens Poker Run
November 4th 2017, 10:32 am by OhioRZRrider32

» RZR 4 U Joints
November 3rd 2017, 8:29 am by Gadget

» 10-28-17 halloween ride at hotrods
November 1st 2017, 10:33 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

simoniz

Top posting users this month
WV Hot Rod Rhino

bubba53

Timmi

rayray

itsavrod

mikec

pazzoasino

Gadget

offroadohio

OhioRZRrider32

Most active topic starters
bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Steve K

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

looking for a new ride and need some help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
big mike

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 4th 2015, 8:34 am

Hey all its been a long time since we have ridden so I have a couple questions . The little woman has some back trouble so we are looking for a new ride .We test drove a 2015 maverick xrs non turbo in the red color and the ride was amazing . This is my first look at can am so I don't know anything about them and I'm wondering what I should look for ?What kind of a price should I be looking at for this bike ? they told me 18.900 that seems a little high and that's not otd. I see there are some maverick guys on here ,would you buy the maverick again if you had the chance to do it over ?

thanks for your help......
big mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 4th 2015, 9:25 am

Yes I would. You will love it. If I were you I would price shop the Mavericks in your area.

The best deals are in Goldsboro nc at performance east. Call Travis there and tell him Tolliver sent you. You will get a near cost deal with that.   Performanceeast.com

Good luck
Back to top Go down
big mike

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 4th 2015, 10:05 am

Thanks for the info Tbone we will have to give him a try nothing like a little road trip .
Back to top Go down
sprint8

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 4th 2015, 12:19 pm

With what you said I would go maverick or rzr xp1k. Both have the upgraded suspension models. I got my last buggy at performance east and was treated well.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

Number of posts : 5381
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 11:02 am

if your looking for something cheaper that rides like a caddy check out the wolverine...just dont have the power of the big bikes but you wont get left in the woods
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
Timmi

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 12:50 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
if your looking for something cheaper that rides like a caddy check out the wolverine...just dont have the power of the big bikes but you wont get left in the woods
there's nothing else you can buy for 12K otd that rides as good and is as reliable as the Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 2:31 pm

Timmi wrote:
WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
there's nothing else you can buy for 12K otd that rides as good and is as reliable as the Wolverine.
a wildcat you could
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 2:40 pm

:ROFL:you have lost it
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 2:56 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Timmi wrote:
WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
a wildcat you could
you missed the reliable part..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 3:00 pm

i won't argue with you there. If you do TOP maint then you may be ok. You can get those things cheap and they will ride better and quicker than a wolly worm.
Back to top Go down
rayray

Number of posts : 6333
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 4:16 pm

Big Mike...you asked in your post if us Maverick owners would buy another Maverick and for me the answer is a heck yeah.  It's the most fun and best riding machine that I have owned and or drove. It has held up very well and I don't baby it at all. 1500 miles so far and it has been solid.

All machines have their good and bad things about them but for me it suits me best. I carry 2 coolers, tool bag, sprayer, extra belt and extra tie rod in my box on the back. A bag between my seats for phone and stuff like that. That still leaves the glove box for extra things, so storage is no issue as some claim.

The power is awesome but to be honest...if it only had a 800cc motor, I would still buy one. We don't need that much power in WV. but the ride and build quality is what I like.

Also...keep in mind that Yamaha is coming out with their new sport machine in September. It may be worth waiting for. It is supposed to be a bad azz machine.  As James said the WOLVY is a heck of a trail machine also and at a lot better price. I have followed his machine around a few times and it does very well.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 6:44 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
i won't argue with you there. If you do TOP maint then you may be ok. You can get those things cheap and they will ride better and quicker than a wolly worm.
what cat can you get for 12k? The 50"? No way that rides anywhere near as good as a Wolvy.
And I am talking 12K otd for an eps model with the best cvt on the market.

you killing me Tbone. Did you take an epidural too?  :)
Back to top Go down
big mike

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 8:35 pm

I have never been a cat fan so that wont work , I never thought about wolverine just figured that it road like the rhino . cheaper would be nice but it  comes down to the ride if it hurts her back then it defeats the purpose for a new bike ,it's just sad that the money we pay for these things they can't be more dependable .I have been over on maverick forums and it seems like a lot  of them are having overheating problems . thanks for all your input and info it helps to have real world experience to help make a decision on what to buy ........Big Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 9:09 pm

Timmi wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:
what cat can you get for 12k? The 50"? No way that rides anywhere near as good as a Wolvy.

A cats suspension is a lot better than a stock wholly worm. Performance east has the cats real cheap trying to give them away becaus they are having a hard time selling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 9:12 pm

The best deal out there right now is the RZR 1000. Good price for a lot of performance and comfort in the 16 grand range. It all depends on what the op likes. I would just go sit in them all and buy what you like.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 9:38 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Timmi wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

A cats suspension is a lot better than a stock wholly worm. Performance east has the cats real cheap trying to give them away becaus they are having a hard time selling.
once again: 12K out the door, eps, best cvt on the market..Wolverine. The Kayaba shocks are equal to anything A-C uses.  Less suspension travel but tighter turning.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 6th 2015, 9:41 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
The best deal out there right now is the RZR 1000. Good price for a lot of performance and comfort in the 16 grand range. It all depends on what the op likes. I would just go sit in them all and buy what you like.
I agree with that! Great price for all you are getting.
Back to top Go down
shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 7:50 am

I'm with you Mike. Looking to but another machine before long and want something that ride good as well. I really don't need all of the big horse power, but it sure is nice to have.
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 9:17 am

TBONE21 wrote:
Timmi wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

whats that tell you...i got news for you the wildcat suspension will not take what the wolverine will...if you would ever keep up in the rough you would know more about it...lol...you wont treat your machine like i will cause it wont take it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 11:54 am

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:
Timmi wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

whats that tell you...i got news for you the wildcat suspension will not take what the wolverine will...if you would ever keep up in the rough you would know more about it...lol...you wont treat your machine like i will cause it wont take it

Full Of Crap Full Of Crap Full Of Crap Full Of Crap Full Of Crap     I aint worried about the wooly worm or the wildpussy. When that wally worm can outrun a wildpussy then i will believe it.  boo hoo boo hoo boo hoo      Come on John Boy!  Yahoo!    You don't want any of the jagged. I think the jagged can outrun you down a cylinder. With my top secret bead lock coolers, you don't stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
rayray

Number of posts : 6333
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 12:12 pm

Dang T-bone....you put the nail in the coffin when you whipped out the "bead lock coolers".  Never mind James...you don't stand a chance now. lol!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 12:16 pm

if i get outrun by a guy with bead coolers i will quit ridn ROFL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 12:20 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
if i get outrun by a guy with bead coolers i will quit ridn ROFL
well your riding days may be over soon then. Aint going to take much to outrun the wooly worm.  ROFL
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 1:01 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 3:05 pm

Listen......if you are looking for good priced ride then I would just get this. You don't have to spend the 12 grand on the wooly worm and it will run with it and maybe even outrun it in the woods. Only 300 bucks and the wooly worm is covered. 

Back to top Go down
big mike

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 7:17 pm

well it looks like I asked one little question and got a load of it started...... Big Laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 7:28 pm

big mike wrote:
well it looks like I asked one little question and got a load of it started...... Big Laugh
Its always fun here in the "Brand Battles"      Yahoo!
Back to top Go down
Timmi

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 7:33 pm

big mike wrote:
http://www.atvtraderonline.com/listing/2015-Can-Am-Maverick-X-rs-DPS-1000R-114842313
Back to top Go down
keeter

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 7:48 pm

Mike I'm in the same boat, waiting for Yamaha's sept announcement on their sport version and maybe wait till January for Honda new sports version as well. Lots to digest and Can Am as well as POPO's aren't for me for different reasons. Between heat issues, noise, reliability and function with beds and storage I'm looking for more than currently out there. Come with something that fits what I want and need as I also have bad back issues that keep me from riding as much as I want to. Right now if I had to I would have to go with the T2 and put Bandit shocks and also put in ignition and clutch work to get ride, preformance that I want and need along with storage.
Back to top Go down
wvyankee2

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-11-19

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   July 7th 2015, 10:41 pm

Been in this game a long time. Wanted a performance machine. Did my research. Made my decision. There are no issues at all with the Mavericks. Solid machines all around. The 15 XDS has major improvements over the older models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for a new ride and need some help   

Back to top Go down

looking for a new ride and need some help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next