WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» Poker Run Wirt
August 14th 2017, 11:56 am by hotrod50

» Poker run Creston?
August 7th 2017, 8:53 pm by Bubbaz

» Too quiet
August 6th 2017, 10:45 am by Rick_308

» poker
August 6th 2017, 10:43 am by Rick_308

» Anyone???
July 31st 2017, 8:39 am by Timmi

» The Potential Return of Great Googly Moogly
July 30th 2017, 10:21 pm by rayray

» New guy from Maryland
July 26th 2017, 11:04 am by TBONE21

» 2017 Fall Ride
July 24th 2017, 11:55 pm by My 800

» 2017 rzr 900 trail
July 21st 2017, 9:16 am by HEADHUNTER

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
TBONE21

Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

Top posting users this month
Rick_308

Bubbaz

hotrod50

TBONE21

Most active topic starters
TBONE21

bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Hi all new Renli SxS member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raisingcane

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-08-19

PostSubject: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 12:45 am

Evening all. 

Newly registered to the forums but have been lurking a bit.

I'm Richard from Miami, FL.  I have an unusual and probably little known to you all buggy-style 4X4 SxS called a Renli RL1500.  They are imported by JMC Motors in AZ and manufactured in China.  It is USA EPA and California CARB approved and is NOT for highway use.  It has OEM roll cage, has low pressure 30" STI Roctane tires, is a 5-spd manual, 1500 cc, 105hp Chery engine (Chery also is the supplier for the John Deere Sxs).  Elka Stage 1 shocks, 4x4 w lockable front and rear diffs and ground clearance about 11-12 inches.   

See: JMC Motors and My thread at BuggyNews

McCoy Powersports in Pikeville KY is probably the largest dealer near WV that sells Renlis.  

I was able to remove the wheel spacers mentioned in my Buggynews thread which I initially thought I'd need for the Roctanes and it now measures 72" wide outer tire lug to outer tire lug in the rear - which I already know full well is really wide for a SxS.   Its about 8" wider than a Yamaha Viking but the OEM cage and roof are a bit lower than a RZR 900 or 1000, probably about the height and length of a Wildcat X.

Its since been repainted (the yellow parts are now orange) since the pics below.

Its been great in the Florida trails so far which are plenty wide where we ride - mostly a place called River Ranch a little south of Orlando, and also over at the RedneckYachtClub over at Punta Gorda, FL, and Big Cypress National Preserve west of Miami.

Would love to try and take a trip up to HMT with a few buddies (RZR1000-4, RZR1000 and a Honda 700 Pioneer), and are thinking late March, 2016 to stay at Ashland Resort. 

Due to the width of the Renli though and the distance and logistics of getting up there from South Florida, I first need to get solid confirmation if the Renli can be permitted and operated up at HMT, specifically at Indian Ridge, Pocahontas and Pinnacle Creek.   

Can anyone please give me guidance and insight on if and where this could be used up at HMT?

Back to top Go down
Timmi

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 8:01 am

It's a legal vehicle on the Hatfield trails but that width will work against you on all the trails except the primary connector trails which are generally wider that the other trails.
The three trail systems you reference are mostly narrow trails, often too narrow for oncoming traffic to pass.
There is almost no open stretches either, so much of the time it's slow going or a lot of braking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
rayray

Number of posts : 6331
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 8:51 am

First of all....WELCOME! Nice machine and we are glad you joined.   My Maverick is 68.5 inches and I have had zero issues on the H/M trails and very little on the outlaw trails. The trails have gotten wider over the years since the machines have gotten bigger.  You should be fine.
Back to top Go down
TBONE21

Number of posts : 17036
Registration date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 11:58 am

Your totally fine. Welcome to the site. Bring it on. There is a ton of room up in WV on the trails. I think a pickup truck would be fine on the trails as well sometimes. lol!

Bring it on and have some fun. Yahoo!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

Number of posts : 5370
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 12:56 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
My 800

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2014-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 1:09 pm

Welcome  From the Midlands of South Carolina.  Enjoy the Forum.  It is a nice looking wheeler, kind of wide and you may have to negotiate trees, rocks, and roots at times and a butt puckering feeling when one side of the machine is on the outside of the trail that is overlooking several thousand feet down with a small washout that has began to erode the trail, but Columbus took a chance and look what he found...MD
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Number of posts : 1597
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 1:50 pm

Mike, I guess you and me are just old timers! Every time we ride it's tight in places with a 50" rzr. These guys say 72" wide is no problem. Evidently we are on the dirt bike trails :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
rayray

Number of posts : 6331
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 1:57 pm

Timmi, ya gotta learn to cross your eyes while riding. It makes everything look wider.  lol!
Back to top Go down
My 800

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2014-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 2:16 pm

good one  Timmi. I believe the proof will be in the pudding.  He will ride a lot of trails without difficulty, but the ones he has to turn around on will be the most remembered.  I also ride the OT, IR, PO, and PC all the time and I wouldn't want to be riding 72" wide for my level of comfort either.  I just see it how I see it...MD
Back to top Go down
Raisingcane

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 7:15 pm

First of all thank you all for the warm welcome thus far.   Seems like a pretty good community.

Me and all in our group are So. Florida off-roaders.    While we have a fair amount of experience dealing with our flat and at times very wet and muddy trails down here, NONE of us have ANY experience with mountainous trails -  so the "pucker factor" will be quite high if we end up making the trip.   Regardless of the width challenges with my Renli, I don't think we are going to want to risk trying the tougher trails and will almost certainly stick to the Greens and the connectors.  

Are the greens generally wider than the more challenging trails?   Are the connectors - and I assume for example that means a connector trail 27 to 20 between IR and PC - fairly long in terms of distance?

ANOTHER QUESTION RE THE WEATHER AND GENERAL CONDITIONS IN LATE MARCH:

If we do this next spring it will likely have to be around March 19- March 25th cause that's when the kids have spring break from school.   A certain member of our party, a wimp who doesnt want to be named "cough", "cough" -  ROBERT -  is a real wussie when it comes to cold.   He keeps on whining and carrying on about its gonna be too cold up there in late March.    I checked the last 16 year's farmers almanac's low, high and average (yes I am that anal) for Bluefield which was the closest the Almanac had to Ashland for the date March 21 and it was:

16-year averages:
Minimum = 36.9
Max = 56.4
Avg = 46.2

The five most reecent years on March 21: 

March 2015  Min 39       Max 48.2    Avg 
March 2014  Min 37.9    Max 64.9    Avg 48.9
March 2013  Min 17.6    Max 39.9    Avg 23.8
March 2012  Min 55.9    Max 77       Avg 65.6
March 2011  Min 50       Max 72       Avg 60.4

Obviously 2013 seemed like an awfully cold year but the other 4 years to me seemed "do-able".   I know we won't know until we get closer to the actual date, but any thoughts on the temps and general conditions - i.e. snow, rain, muddy, for a late March trip generally up in that area?
Back to top Go down
big g

Number of posts : 3689
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 8:29 pm

hey Welcome
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66

Number of posts : 2119
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 9:48 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
kmccauley

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   August 20th 2015, 10:53 pm

Welcome March in WV is a complete toss up.  The key is to prepare with layers underneath Frogg Toggs, Gator Waders or some other rain slicker and enjoy whatever weather comes your way.  It's nothing to be very mild one day and snowing the next.  It happened to us in March 2014 - Day 1 of riding we had some snow in the shaded areas to play in, Day 2 was mid to upper 40's and very pleasant, Day 3 we rode in the morning and went home in the afternoon ahead of an incoming snow storm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all new Renli SxS member   

Back to top Go down

Hi all new Renli SxS member
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1