WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides
 
HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos































































Latest topics
» Any atv riders left out there?
December 16th 2017, 11:00 am by joedirt

» 2013 RZR XP 900 4. ******SOLD****
December 9th 2017, 3:55 pm by itsavrod

» Happy Thanksgiving
November 24th 2017, 10:37 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 2018 Spring Ride
November 22nd 2017, 9:24 am by Timmi

» March 12th & 13th @ Hot Rods with Bobby D & Geterdun
November 15th 2017, 7:51 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» overland expedition - potts mountian
November 14th 2017, 2:40 pm by offroadohio

» 2014 Polaris Ranger Crew PRICE REDUCED - SOLD
November 5th 2017, 9:57 pm by pazzoasino

» 2018 Pickens Poker Run
November 4th 2017, 10:32 am by OhioRZRrider32

» RZR 4 U Joints
November 3rd 2017, 8:29 am by Gadget

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D
 
bubba53
 
rayray
 
WV Hot Rod Rhino
 
shawn
 
Hump
 
pit dog
 
Jet
 
big g
 
simoniz
 
Top posting users this month
itsavrod
 
joedirt
 
kmccauley
 
WV Hot Rod Rhino
 
Most active topic starters
bubba53
 
Bobby D
 
WV Hot Rod Rhino
 
JimBob
 
ElmoEOD
 
punder
 
Finzup
 
neuromax
 
rayray
 
Steve K
 
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 Walmart closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DogRunner2

avatar

Number of posts : 22
Age : 51
Location : Mineral City, Ohio
Registration date : 2015-11-28

PostSubject: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 1:06 am

Just thought I'd share.The Walmart in Kimball closed.
Back to top Go down
pazzoasino

avatar

Number of posts : 37
Age : 64
Location : Dublin va
Registration date : 2015-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 1:09 am

Hard to believe its closed...Now the People in McDowell County will have to Travel..
I guess Goodsons will Double their Sales...
Back to top Go down
ElmoEOD

avatar

Number of posts : 1954
Age : 51
Location : Lubeck WV
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 1:15 am

or local places will do much better, don't know the area, but will help the little guy for sure
Back to top Go down
pazzoasino

avatar

Number of posts : 37
Age : 64
Location : Dublin va
Registration date : 2015-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 1:18 am

ElmoEOD wrote:
or local places will do much better, don't know the area, but will help the little guy for sure
Thats for Sure............
Back to top Go down
Timmi

avatar

Number of posts : 1606
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:43 am

many of the ones to be closed are walmart express, whatever those are
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 11:22 am

This is great news for the local stores. Since wal mart closed the ones here, the local economies have picked up tremendously. Its always such a great day when main street america comes back and the big boy falls.
This is exactly why I don't buy wal mart. I never will go to a wal mart. I support the american working families of main street america. Yahoo!
Back to top Go down
pazzoasino

avatar

Number of posts : 37
Age : 64
Location : Dublin va
Registration date : 2015-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 12:05 pm

AMEN...............
Back to top Go down
Timmi

avatar

Number of posts : 1606
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 12:15 pm

I never want to see a business close. People lose jobs, face financial ruin, lose what they have. Walmart won't be on top forever. People used to hate Sears for the same reasons, now they are declining.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 12:23 pm

I know your a big Obama fan Timmi but I have seen wal mart desecrate towns and hurt many many families. Just because they come into town doesn't mean they are going to bring enough jobs to supports the job loss that will come. Its always good to see a wal mart close and see multiple business pop up and revive themselves. Once again I am for main street america. I love to see everyones business doing great and people doing well.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 12:41 pm

I do want to add though.....there are towns that can withstand a wal mart coming. Their population is strong enough for all stores to go on with business. Wal mart is closing the stores that had low sales numbers. The numbers for them didn't justify them being in business in that area. Those lower populated areas really get hurt when a wal mart comes. Its a good thing for those wal marts to go and let the business return to the locals. I did a big case study in college and to make a long story short wal mart is bad news. I just cannot give them my hard earned money.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

avatar

Number of posts : 1606
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 3:26 pm

any job lost is bad news, it's that many more people on unemployment.
we are outsourcing jobs every day that people here need.
the local shops can't employ all those that Walmart let go.
Dollar General is one of the chains that put the Walmart Express under.
all their stuff is Chinese made.
do we boycott them, too?
what about electronics, appliances, clothing.
we should boycott Target (I never go there anyway, Walmart has better prices)  :)
Penney's, Sears, Dicks, Best Buy,........
the borders are wide open, illegals taking jobs, and I don't want to hear they are jobs no one else would do. someone was doing them before the illegals.
If this trend isn't stopped, this country will fall into economic depression.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 6:25 pm

Timmi wrote:
any job lost is bad news, it's that many more people on unemployment.
we are outsourcing jobs every day that people here need.
the local shops can't employ all those that Walmart let go.
Dollar General is one of the chains that put the Walmart Express under.
all their stuff is Chinese made.
do we boycott them, too?
what about electronics, appliances, clothing.
we should boycott Target (I never go there anyway, Walmart has better prices)  :)
Penney's, Sears, Dicks, Best Buy,........
the borders are wide open, illegals taking jobs, and I don't want to hear they are jobs no one else would do. someone was doing them before the illegals.
If this trend isn't stopped, this country will fall into economic depression.
you wanna bet on the jobs the locals can employ over wal mart?? Towns are bigger than stores. 
Wal mart treats their employees unfairly. They also work on the premise to put others out of business. None of the other companies you listed above come to a town and say..."lets build a store here and put some of these guys out of business."  Wal mart does. 
Wal mart can operate and treat their employees better plus operate their model better. They just don't. Either way I am not buying wal mart. Never have and never will. I wont turn my back on America. I just personally love supporting many peoples businesses. I love seeing people businesses thrive so I try to support everyone.
It may not mean something to you Timmi but it means something to me when I walk into my local hardware store, "SouthSide HardWare" and seeing the owner and seeing his little son. I buy the same thing thats at wal mart and pretty much close to the same price. I know if I spend my money there then that family has it to put bread on their table. If I spend it at wal mart they suffer and all I am doing it sending it to Bentonville Arkansas. 
Bottom line for these wal marts to go down is good. More local jobs and better economy.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

avatar

Number of posts : 1606
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:11 pm

Lowes put 3 local lumber yards out of business. No one is making anyone work or shop at Walmart.
Local stores can't compete with the prices and they can't employ the number of people
You're too young to remember what really killed mom and pop stores.
It's called the shopping mall, been around for years before Walmart.
It may not mean anything to you to see 16,000 people out of work trying to feed their kids.
Don't lecture me on economics.
This crap about Walmart abusing employees and not paying enough is bs.
I work in a factory where you are treated like something they own. You are worth to them only what you can produce for them.
You really want to support local business?
Don't buy anything online, nothing.
Amazon is the biggest retailer in the U.S.
Walmart doesn't come to town to drive everyone out of business, they're in business to make money like any business.
 No one is forced to shop there or work there, period.
I work hard for my money, so do I go to the locally owned store and buy an item for three times the cost as Walmart? It's the same Chinese made item.
I don't know what liberal college taught you Walmart is bad news but that crap don't fly in the real world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:16 pm

Walmart is closing there because our whole state is about to have a major economic collapse.  People are leaving that area at a rapid pace because there are no jobs to support the economy.  There is no tax money coming in to even pay the local gov jobs.  It's so bad down that way that boone county schools are laying off 77 people and cramming the kids into bigger groups.  WV is about done for because of the war on coal.  When a Walmart can't survive in WV, that is real bad news.  If it can't make it, nobody can.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:19 pm

Timmi wrote:
Lowes put 3 local lumber yards out of business. No one is making anyone work or shop at Walmart.
Local stores can't compete with the prices and they can't employ the number of people
You're too young to remember what really killed mom and pop stores.
It's called the shopping mall, been around for years before Walmart.
It may not mean anything to you to see 16,000 people out of work trying to feed their kids.
Don't lecture me on economics.
This crap about Walmart abusing employees and not paying enough is bs.
I work in a factory where you are treated like something they own. You are worth to them only what you can produce for them.
You really want to support local business?
Don't buy anything online, nothing.
Amazon is the biggest retailer in the U.S.
Walmart doesn't come to town to drive everyone out of business, they're in business to make money like any business.
 No one is forced to shop there or work there, period.
I work hard for my money, so do I go to the locally owned store and buy an item for three times the cost as Walmart? It's the same Chinese made item.
I don't know what liberal college taught you Walmart is bad news but that crap don't fly in the real world.
You aint got a clue but thats ok. I assure you shopping malls did not put main street america out of business. or cost 16,000 jobs!! LOL   
Here is the rear world on the abuse to their employees. 
http://aattp.org/read-this-former-walmart-managers-horrifying-account-of-worker-abuse-by-the-retail-giant/

Theres more where that came from. Local owned stores do not cost 3 times as much. Your wrong there too. I dont care what you say Timmi. Im supporting main street america. Thats my loyalty. This wal mart stuff is the real deal and that crap does fly in america. I know many people that dont shop there so that means its real.
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:21 pm

Around here people weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouths.  If you work at Summersville walmart, you make more money than any of the so called mom and pops stores can or will pay, with benefits to boot.  A friends wife worked there for years, worked her way up and now drives to several stores to do some type of management job.  She makes over 60k a year, and there is nobody making that around here unless they mine coal.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:26 pm

Hump wrote:
Around here people weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouths.  If you work at Summersville walmart, you make more money than any of the so called mom and pops stores can or will pay, with benefits to boot.  A friends wife worked there for years, worked her way up and now drives to several stores to do some type of management job.  She makes over 60k a year, and there is nobody making that around here unless they mine coal.
what does silver spoon have to do with anything? My comments are from a lower volume town in general. Not just one town. Im sure there are some towns that a wal mart is beneficial to. Im talking about the towns to where they come and many many suffer.
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:29 pm

We drive 28 miles each way to shop at walmart.  It's less than 1/2 that to the nearest grocery store.  I can drive 10 miles and get tow bags of stuff for $100, or go on to walmart and get a buggy full for $200.  We go to walmart.  We do shop other places to in order to get the stuff we want/need.

I hate going to walmart, not because it's walmart, but because I can't stand crowds.  It's something you have to do if you have to watch every cent and keep yourself on a budget.  Even more so when the backbone of the economy is gone, and that effects your job by lowering your income.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:33 pm

Hump wrote:
We drive 28 miles each way to shop at walmart.  It's less than 1/2 that to the nearest grocery store.  I can drive 10 miles and get tow bags of stuff for $100, or go on to walmart and get a buggy full for $200.  We go to walmart.  We do shop other places to in order to get the stuff we want/need.

I hate going to walmart, not because it's walmart, but because I can't stand crowds.  It's something you have to do if you have to watch every cent and keep yourself on a budget.  Even more so when the backbone of the economy is gone, and that effects your job by lowering your income.
I understand. Sounds like your local place is high. Here our food lion is almost the same price as wal mart so I just go there. The money split between wal mart and food lion isnt that big here in my town so there really isnt a difference to go to wal mart.
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:43 pm

It is.  Maybe because it costs more to get the stuff in here idk.  There is a food lion across from walmart here, and it does really well.  Some things are cheaper there, and some are a good bit more.  Both places must be doing good because one has been there as long as the other.  We sometimes go there, but not very often.  I believe Walmart does well because of the wide variety of stuff under one roof as well as prices.  The big thing for me is oil and filters for the truck and her jeep.  I can get for both at walmart for the cost of just one at the parts store, and a loaf of bread, and some beer so I can do the job.
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 7:51 pm

But, back to what I was saying, that walmart down there closing is not good at all, it is a major sign in the fall of an entire community.  There is no where else for those people to make that kind of money with benefits, and they are all going to have to leave WV.  

It is getting really really bad around here fast.  Our county is broke, and the state is going bankrupt because the tax money from the mines are not coming in anymore.  Just last summer we would get paid the next day with a credit card when we hauled equipment, or towed a vehicle for the state.  Now it takes weeks, and we have to keep pressure on them.  The money is just not there.  It effects every business and every family.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 8:47 pm

Well I will admit that if a wal mart comes and nothing is in the town then yes that's a good thing. Wal mart has nobody to aggravate.
On the way to our eastern stores, there's this town that has nothing at all. A new wal mart went up. I said that, that wal mart will be a good thing for that community.
 Down here 2 wal marts closed up and the local businesses are hitting sales records. It was on the news the other day on how good the businesses are doing.
Don't take me wrong here. I love to see everyone doing good. I have had a lot of friends business go out because of wal mart and that upset me. There's nothing wrong with that. I just want everyone to be able to have a job, make a fair wage, treated fairly,and be able to enjoy life. This president we have is awful and ruining our country. He can't be gone soon enough.
Back to top Go down
rayray
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 6334
Age : 52
Location : statesville,nc
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 4th 2016, 9:45 pm

Our Wal-mart has several different stores located under their roof.  Subway,bank,nail salon,vision center,web tax,hair salon,pharmacy,grocery and auto center.  Three of these are owned by Walmart, but the others are not. They are owned by individuals who are renting a space...just like main street folks. But even the ones that are owned by Walmart, they employ the same amount of people as the mom and pop places would.

Each one of these employ a bunch of people, which would be the same if they were on main street. Another reason folks like Walmart is because they can get everything under one roof and not have to run all over town killing valuable time. I shop there for that same reason and to save money. I don't care if you make a lot of money or make very little. Everyone needs to save when they can in this day and time.

Now...could Walmart do a better job with their employs...YES...do they hurt some local businesses...Yes...but they also save a lot of money for low and mid income folks that have to watch their money. So Walmart does help the community.
Back to top Go down
pazzoasino

avatar

Number of posts : 37
Age : 64
Location : Dublin va
Registration date : 2015-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 5th 2016, 12:48 am

Well..Well,,this could go on and on..I had Family in the Chain of Super Market Business In Wv
And when Wally World Came in...He lost all of their Businesses...Plus about 1 Million Dollars..
Thats what it did for the small guy...
Back to top Go down
Timmi

avatar

Number of posts : 1606
Age : 63
Location : Christiansburg, Virginia
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 5th 2016, 7:34 am

rayray wrote:
Our Wal-mart has several different stores located under their roof.  Subway,bank,nail salon,vision center,web tax,hair salon,pharmacy,grocery and auto center.  Three of these are owned by Walmart, but the others are not. They are owned by individuals who are renting a space...just like main street folks. But even the ones that are owned by Walmart, they employ the same amount of people as the mom and pop places would.

Each one of these employ a bunch of people, which would be the same if they were on main street. Another reason folks like Walmart is because they can get everything under one roof and not have to run all over town killing valuable time. I shop there for that same reason and to save money. I don't care if you make a lot of money or make very little. Everyone needs to save when they can in this day and time.

Now...could Walmart do a better job with their employs...YES...do they hurt some local businesses...Yes...but they also save a lot of money for low and mid income folks that have to watch their money. So Walmart does help the community.
you bring up some very good points, Ray.
the walmart closings affected many families. 10,000 jobs lost is working people losing means of supporting their families. another 6,000 jobs lost from support companies. 
I would love to see main street America, mom and pop businesses be the economic leaders, but it just ain't gonna happen. It's all about the money.
We import, oil, coal, cars, electronics and whatever else because it's cheaper than making it here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
pazzoasino

avatar

Number of posts : 37
Age : 64
Location : Dublin va
Registration date : 2015-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 5th 2016, 11:40 am

TBONE21 wrote:
Well I will admit that if a wal mart comes and nothing is in the town then yes that's a good thing. Wal mart has nobody to aggravate.
On the way to our eastern stores, there's this town that has nothing at all. A new wal mart went up. I said that, that wal mart will be a good thing for that community.
 Down here 2 wal marts closed up and the local businesses are hitting sales records. It was on the news the other day on how good the businesses are doing.
Don't take me wrong here. I love to see everyone doing good. I have had a lot of friends business go out because of wal mart and that upset me. There's nothing wrong with that. I just want everyone to be able to have a job, make a fair wage, treated fairly,and be able to enjoy life. This president we have is awful and ruining our country. He can't be gone soon enough.
What you say............lol
Back to top Go down
My 800

avatar

Number of posts : 873
Age : 64
Location : Spoonville, South Carolina
Registration date : 2014-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   February 6th 2016, 11:11 pm

good one  Good and valid points made by all.  The Main Street America VS Big Box Stores will never be settled and is a never ending story.  It is according to one's perspective and the geographical socioeconomic conditions of the areas affected.  I for another believe the Kimball area and that US 52 Corridor that was dependent on the jobs and merchandise will be hard hit, period...MD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Walmart closed   

Back to top Go down
 
Walmart closed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Walmart / Cheap Oil Filter?
» REVLOC Closed
» Kildare GAA Official Forum Closed?!?
» Closed Texan Practices
» Does Walmart sell these????

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM :: General Chat :: Off Topic-
Jump to: