WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» Any atv riders left out there?
Yesterday at 11:00 am by joedirt

» 2013 RZR XP 900 4. ******SOLD****
December 9th 2017, 3:55 pm by itsavrod

» Happy Thanksgiving
November 24th 2017, 10:37 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 2018 Spring Ride
November 22nd 2017, 9:24 am by Timmi

» March 12th & 13th @ Hot Rods with Bobby D & Geterdun
November 15th 2017, 7:51 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» overland expedition - potts mountian
November 14th 2017, 2:40 pm by offroadohio

» 2014 Polaris Ranger Crew PRICE REDUCED - SOLD
November 5th 2017, 9:57 pm by pazzoasino

» 2018 Pickens Poker Run
November 4th 2017, 10:32 am by OhioRZRrider32

» RZR 4 U Joints
November 3rd 2017, 8:29 am by Gadget

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

simoniz

Top posting users this month
itsavrod

joedirt

kmccauley

WV Hot Rod Rhino

Most active topic starters
bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Steve K

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Bergoo ride March 25th!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
barsav

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 6th 2017, 11:58 pm

rzr rick wrote:
I am thinking of staying at the mineral spring hotel in Webster springs it only 50bucks a night. How far is it from Montville where you are staying I will be meeting up with Genie there. and another thing does the gps work there since its so close to that so called green zone over that way
if I remember its only about 10 miles to bergoo from Webster springs. I looked it up and its 25 miles from Webster Springs to Monterville. If you ride with us Sat morn, you may be further ahead to meet us and we'll pick Genie up on the way thru since we ride right past her on the way to Pickens.
Back to top Go down
rzr rick

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 7th 2017, 12:09 am

I will be there fri will unload at Genies I will see if I can find something closer
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Number of posts : 2037
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 7th 2017, 1:04 am

barsav wrote:
rzr rick wrote:
I am thinking of staying at the mineral spring hotel in Webster springs it only 50bucks a night. How far is it from Montville where you are staying I will be meeting up with Genie there. and another thing does the gps work there since its so close to that so called green zone over that way
if I remember its only about 10 miles to bergoo from Webster springs. I looked it up and its 25 miles from Webster Springs to Monterville. If you ride with us Sat morn, you may be further ahead to meet us and we'll pick Genie up on the way thru since we ride right past her on the way to Pickens.
Can we meet and unload at your rental on Friday?
Back to top Go down
rzr rick

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 7th 2017, 2:04 am

Is it ok to ride the road from Webster springs to bergoo?
Back to top Go down
barsav

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 8th 2017, 12:15 am

Finzup wrote:
barsav wrote:
rzr rick wrote:
Can we meet and unload at your rental on Friday?
Sure can. That would probably be the easiest.

rzr rick wrote:
Is it ok to ride the road from Webster springs to bergoo?
I wish I could answer that Rick. Not sure if they would say anything or not. I know that they run up and down rt 15 further out from town.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 8th 2017, 12:42 am

I would either trailer up to the Bergoo store and ask if you can park there, unload and ride from there to where you want to meet, or just trailer the whole way to the cabin where they are staying.  Depends on how much pavement you want to ride.  It's narrow, curvy road to tow a trailer on.  I don't know for sure what days I can make it, but I would like to pull a double header and ride both weekends for a day each time at the least.  I think one of you who are riding the weekend before the 25th should start another thread so people don't get confused.  I've had a few show up before to ride here.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 8th 2017, 12:45 am

I haven't been over there to ride since we got the 1000 yr flood.  I figure nothing is the same now.  As the time gets closer, I will let you guys know when I can ride.  All I've been doing is working and setting here in the house lately.  It's got me down pretty bad, so I need to ride.
Back to top Go down
barsav

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 8th 2017, 12:47 am

Hump wrote:
I haven't been over there to ride since we got the 1000 yr flood.  I figure nothing is the same now.  As the time gets closer, I will let you guys know when I can ride.  All I've been doing is working and setting here in the house lately.  It's got me down pretty bad, so I need to ride.
Sounds good. I know we are itching to get down there.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 8th 2017, 12:49 am

Maybe I will get a good day and go on a recon mission before then.
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2016-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 14th 2017, 9:26 am

Hump wrote:
I would either trailer up to the Bergoo store and ask if you can park there, unload and ride from there to where you want to meet, or just trailer the whole way to the cabin where they are staying.  Depends on how much pavement you want to ride.  It's narrow, curvy road to tow a trailer on.  I don't know for sure what days I can make it, but I would like to pull a double header and ride both weekends for a day each time at the least.  I think one of you who are riding the weekend before the 25th should start another thread so people don't get confused.  I've had a few show up before to ride here.

I rode down there twice since the flooding.  We actually were there the week after the flood dropping off supplies and trying to help out.  Lots of washouts.  At that time it was nearly impossible to get to upper Leatherwood Falls.  I know some of the trails have been cleared out and opened up since then.  I do remember one area north of Red Oak Knob where the trail was washed out by about 30' down.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 14th 2017, 12:50 pm

Darn it.  I'm tied up both weekends or I would be in.  I have been a couple times since the flood.  It is COMPLETELY different.  I plan to get over there early April to update Bob's tracks to show where trails are completely impassable.  I know that when you come out below lower Leatherwood falls and hit the main road, where you cross the stream and go up the mountain....once you get to the top and flatten out there is a HUGE wash out and that trail is impassable to go on through and hit the Barton Mill Loop.
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 14th 2017, 9:26 pm

mrwvsportsman wrote:
Darn it.  I'm tied up both weekends or I would be in.  I have been a couple times since the flood.  It is COMPLETELY different.  I plan to get over there early April to update Bob's tracks to show where trails are completely impassable.  I know that when you come out below lower Leatherwood falls and hit the main road, where you cross the stream and go up the mountain....once you get to the top and flatten out there is a HUGE wash out and that trail is impassable to go on through and hit the Barton Mill Loop.

Have you expanded on bobs tracks?  If so I'd be interested in seeing it. I can help expand upon it.  I can give you coordinates to the washouts I know of too.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 14th 2017, 11:02 pm

I bet just about any trail that runs the side of a hill is bad.  I would say there will be a fair amount of turning around.  I'm going to go over before then and check things out a little if I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 14th 2017, 11:09 pm

I was down in October and a lot was back to normal for the most part. Curious who has trails mapped. I have mapped trails from Helvetia to gulley divide...
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 15th 2017, 8:18 am

OhioRZRrider32 wrote:
mrwvsportsman wrote:

Have you expanded on bobs tracks?  If so I'd be interested in seeing it. I can help expand upon it.  I can give you coordinates to the washouts I know of too.
I haven't expanded on them yet.  But bobs maps are courtesy of Hump.  They came from me following him through the woods a few times.  Sent them to Bob and he added them to his maps.  I live just outside of Helvetia.  I have several trails in the area marked and probably marking some more on Monday.
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 15th 2017, 8:38 am

Do Bob or Hump feel like sharing their maps?  I can update the areas that are impassable as of October 2016.  I might even be able to add some trails too.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 15th 2017, 8:42 am

OhioRZRrider32 wrote:
Do Bob or Hump feel like sharing their maps?  I can update the areas that are impassable as of October 2016.  I might even be able to add some trails too.
They already have.  They are on Bobs wv atv trails maps.
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 15th 2017, 8:47 am

mrwvsportsman wrote:
OhioRZRrider32 wrote:
They already have.  They are on Bobs wv atv trails maps.

Ah ok I guess I haven't looked at an updated version of those in a while.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 16th 2017, 12:33 am

I have no clue how to share any tracks from my gps.  This thing makes me so mad sometimes that I just want to can it.  I just can't get into it enough to even want to figure it out.  I guess it's just not my thing. Just when I was starting to figure it all out, our computer crashed.  After getting it back up, it would not pull anything from my gps, so I just deleted everything I had on it and started over.  Now I don't care to ever try again.  Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 9:57 am

Hump wrote:
I have no clue how to share any tracks from my gps.  This thing makes me so mad sometimes that I just want to can it.  I just can't get into it enough to even want to figure it out.  I guess it's just not my thing. Just when I was starting to figure it all out, our computer crashed.  After getting it back up, it would not pull anything from my gps, so I just deleted everything I had on it and started over.  Now I don't care to ever try again.  Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Hump just meet up with us in March - we'll figure out how to get those maps!  I have trails mapped as far south as Gulley Divide all the way up to Selbyville now.  Just need to clean them up and figure out how to share them myself...  March 25th can't come soon enough!  Seems like forever since I've been out on the trails.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 10:30 am

I hope you figure out how to share them!  Do you use BCN?  If so, it's simple.
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 10:37 am

mrwvsportsman wrote:
I hope you figure out how to share them!  Do you use BCN?  If so, it's simple.

I use BCN to map my rides but then I put them in Google Earth and clean them up a bit, add way points, some color coding, and number the trails too.  That way if I'm out with buddies I can tell them which trail we're going to take or if we get lost, I can tell them where we are.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 11:07 am

Are you talking about using a printed copy of your Google Earth map?
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 11:57 am

Finzup wrote:
I use Back Country Navigator (BCN) but I clean up all my maps with Google Earth then reimport them into BCN.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 12:18 pm

OhioRZRrider32 wrote:
Finzup wrote:
I use Back Country Navigator (BCN) but I clean up all my maps with Google Earth then reimport them into BCN.

OK.
Back to top Go down
JimBob

Number of posts : 1756
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 4:46 pm

HELL FINZ THE LAST TIME YOU WENT TO BERGOO YOU AND BOBBY-D SHACKED UP TOGETHER. AND DAMN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE. YOU GONNA SLEEP WITH BONEY ASS HUMP THIS TIME. hey ROFL Big Laugh
Back to top Go down
OhioRZRrider32

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 4:51 pm

JimBob wrote:
HELL FINZ THE LAST TIME YOU WENT TO BERGOO YOU AND BOBBY-D SHACKED UP TOGETHER. AND DAMN YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE. YOU GONNA SLEEP WITH BONEY ASS HUMP THIS TIME. hey ROFL Big Laugh
Oh would ya look at that?!  JimBob is back in true fashion! 

Welcome back to the forum!
Back to top Go down
JimBob

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 6:54 pm

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.   
Back to top Go down
JimBob

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 6:57 pm

YOU GUYS QUIT WORRYING ABOUT THE TRAILS. JUST BUCKLE UP SHUT UP HOLD IT ON THE FLOOR AND GO
Back to top Go down
Finzup

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   February 27th 2017, 9:57 pm

Don't encourage him!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bergoo ride March 25th!!!   

Back to top Go down

Bergoo ride March 25th!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next