WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» 2018 Spring Ride
October 16th 2017, 7:42 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 10-28-17 halloween ride at hotrods
October 16th 2017, 12:25 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 2017 Fall Ride
October 15th 2017, 11:24 pm by My 800

» overland expedition - potts mountian
October 5th 2017, 10:19 am by offroadohio

» blond cocker spaniel
September 29th 2017, 6:57 pm by Gary

» Anyone Riding this Weekend?
September 11th 2017, 2:04 pm by Finzup

» The View to Flag Rock
September 7th 2017, 3:42 pm by kmccauley

» Too quiet
September 7th 2017, 11:06 am by Guest

» outlaw trail maps
August 23rd 2017, 11:16 am by Timmi

Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

simoniz

Top posting users this month
My 800

WV Hot Rod Rhino

Timmi

Rick_308

offroadohio

Most active topic starters
bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Steve K

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
kodiakman

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 5:10 pm

Thanks Bobby Thought we would be staying in Bluefield I Like it thanks wv sxs riders rock
Back to top Go down
chappy

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 5:22 pm

I just called Ashland Resort and confirmed my cabin number. We will be in cabin 43 Thursday night BUT I happened to ask if a lodge was open because I'd really like to have a full setup with the family coming. They just happened to have Lodge 1 open, but only for Friday and Saturday night. That being said, cabin 43 (one room) just opened for Friday and Saturday night. If you want a cabin for those nights, give them a call asap. That\'s Right
Back to top Go down
chappy

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 5:55 pm

Bobby D wrote:
Some more FY Beav is not coming and I'm not 100% sure awwie is either so the new total is going to be 83 or 84 on the attending list and I'm not going to modify the list at this stage in the game.I will have Chappy riding behind me each day in case he needs assistanceh getting through a tight squeeze in that RZR 4 after that I will need Geterdun & ermullis next since they are riding my sons to have them close by for breaks & lunch so they can get to food & drinks easier.I need everyone with a radio to be spread in between the group with at least one radio after every 7 or 8 SXS so guy with radios work your way in line and figure out where you need to be just hold out your mic to show whoever you need in line in front of them.

I also would like some carrying chainsaws to be more upfront in the pack in case they are needed and they won't have to walk a miles from the back of the line to get to where the saw is needed like what happened last time...lol

I'm counting on everyone to watch out for the SXS behind them at every turn so they know which direction to go.If for some reason you come up to a fork in the trail and the person in front of you has left you just STOP right there and wait for someone to come back for you or the best thing to do since there should be a SXS not far behind you with a radio that they can ask which way to go.

Another thing is just because we are riding down what looks to be a wide open or beaten path does not mean we won't turn off on what looks like not a much used trail so what I'm saying is don't assume you can leave the person behind you because if they did not just see you turn off on what looks like a overgrown trail they will assume to stay on the nice wide beaten path and that is not always the case trust me

If you have friends & family on the list coming that have not been on here to read these FYI post then please inform them what is expected out of them and what the plan is about being on time and how the breaks will work & too bring food & drinks and to never leave the person behind you.

I'm going to say this again be on time when the rides start if not you will be left and that goes for my own family I will leave one of them if they are not ready trust me

I'm going to make sure I'm up early and ready by 8:30 and not be rushed around at the last minute like even I have done in the past so lets all plan on that and have a good time.

Hey Bobby, all seems like really great advice and good safe rules to make the trip great! I would also suggest that when/if we do get into an open area or a coal road, etc, the group needs to remember that we are not in a race, so making dangerous passes on pavement in the oncoming traffic lane or getting aggressive in a group this size is going to cause an accident or possibly put other riders at risk for damage. If it is dusty, that will also make it MUCH worse for those in the back beyond normal. I would consider this more of a scenic tour as we will certainly have some slower riders amongst the group and potentially those with equipment not possible in keeping up with people racing. Again, just a suggestion since there will be a wide variety of machines and driving skills and I don't want to see someone get hurt.

Can't wait to ride. Chappy.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 6:10 pm

chappy wrote:
Bobby D wrote:
Some more FY Beav is not coming and I'm not 100% sure awwie is either so the new total is going to be 83 or 84 on the attending list and I'm not going to modify the list at this stage in the game.I will have Chappy riding behind me each day in case he needs assistanceh getting through a tight squeeze in that RZR 4 after that I will need Geterdun & ermullis next since they are riding my sons to have them close by for breaks & lunch so they can get to food & drinks easier.I need everyone with a radio to be spread in between the group with at least one radio after every 7 or 8 SXS so guy with radios work your way in line and figure out where you need to be just hold out your mic to show whoever you need in line in front of them.

I also would like some carrying chainsaws to be more upfront in the pack in case they are needed and they won't have to walk a miles from the back of the line to get to where the saw is needed like what happened last time...lol

I'm counting on everyone to watch out for the SXS behind them at every turn so they know which direction to go.If for some reason you come up to a fork in the trail and the person in front of you has left you just STOP right there and wait for someone to come back for you or the best thing to do since there should be a SXS not far behind you with a radio that they can ask which way to go.

Another thing is just because we are riding down what looks to be a wide open or beaten path does not mean we won't turn off on what looks like not a much used trail so what I'm saying is don't assume you can leave the person behind you because if they did not just see you turn off on what looks like a overgrown trail they will assume to stay on the nice wide beaten path and that is not always the case trust me

If you have friends & family on the list coming that have not been on here to read these FYI post then please inform them what is expected out of them and what the plan is about being on time and how the breaks will work & too bring food & drinks and to never leave the person behind you.

I'm going to say this again be on time when the rides start if not you will be left and that goes for my own family I will leave one of them if they are not ready trust me

I'm going to make sure I'm up early and ready by 8:30 and not be rushed around at the last minute like even I have done in the past so lets all plan on that and have a good time.

Hey Bobby, all seems like really great advice and good safe rules to make the trip great! I would also suggest that when/if we do get into an open area or a coal road, etc, the group needs to remember that we are not in a race, so making dangerous passes on pavement in the oncoming traffic lane or getting aggressive in a group this size is going to cause an accident or possibly put other riders at risk for damage. If it is dusty, that will also make it MUCH worse for those in the back beyond normal. I would consider this more of a scenic tour as we will certainly have some slower riders amongst the group and potentially those with equipment not possible in keeping up with people racing. Again, just a suggestion since there will be a wide variety of machines and driving skills and I don't want to see someone get hurt.

Well I hope everyone uses common sense and stays in a line and stays on their side of the road and there is need to be passing anyone either
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
shawn

Number of posts : 5230

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 8:48 pm

ALL MAKES SENSE TO ME ---- SOUNDS LIKE AN EASY PLAN TO FOLLOW

GOOD JOB & THANKS FOR THE ORGANIZATION Applause
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
Randy R

Number of posts : 775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:00 pm

If anyone cancels an RV spot let me know. Or if anyone wants to split a larger spot I'm up for that also. I have a 30ft toyhauler and no spot. Worst case I'll just stay at Hilltop. I'm looking for an RV spot for Friday and Saturday night. I asked Ashland about a spot just to Boondock and they are apparently not inro that. (I really don't need water or power)

Last edited by Randy R on October 4th 2010, 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:01 pm

Bobby D wrote:
chappy wrote:
Bobby D wrote:

Well I hope everyone uses common sense and stays in a line and stays on their side of the road and there is need to be passing anyone either

Also they need to keep up with the person in front of them. If someone is riding so slow that the group pulls away from them then is it ok to pass?
Back to top Go down
wvprowler

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:15 pm

well if there is a bunch of riders that want to go slower than the rest of the bunch i will hang back with them and make sure they get to where we are riding to since i know the trails and know my way around !!
Back to top Go down
phifer45

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:21 pm

I'll be hanging toward the rear of the line as usual just look for the Texas flag
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:27 pm

I mean I felt bad to pass but I had no idea where I was at and me and a friend were at the rear. We both had no idea where to go and the group was on the coal road pulling further and further away. I finally just passed him and caught up with the group. I was scared I was going to get lost. Thoughts
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

Number of posts : 5377
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:37 pm

no passing rhinos
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
wvprowler

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:37 pm

like i said if there is some of the riders that wants to go slower than the rest i will hang back with them to make sure they get to where we are going !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:40 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
no passing rhinos

Welllllll it was a Rhino James! It was you! The RZR's were on a roll and gone! I had to catch up and get into the RZR draft!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

Number of posts : 5377
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 9:46 pm

shit happens
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
BRP RIDER

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 10:13 pm

THANKS FOR THE CABIN BOBBY ALSO ALL 3 OF US WILL HAVE RADIO'S. AGAIN THANKS FOR THE CABIN You Rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 4th 2010, 11:22 pm

Bobby,

I would add bandanas and goggles to the list. I know last time I was there they ran out at Ashland. Everyone should buy a couple just in case it's dusty. Also Ashland may only have a couple pairs of goggles for sale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 12:21 am

i will be riding in the back but will make my way to the front a few times to get some video. so if you see an orange RZR haulin azz passed im just trying to get up front to get video and im sure i will be taking dylan back to the front to bobby. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 4:50 am

wvprowler wrote:
well if there is a bunch of riders that want to go slower than the rest of the bunch i will hang back with them and make sure they get to where we are riding to since i know the trails and know my way around !!

You saved me at the Spring ride. I had no idea where everyone went. And it wasn't because I wanted to go slow, I had that 450 matted! thanks
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 7:33 am

wvprowler wrote:

I don't think we will be going to fast for anyone not to keep up as this will be a moderate paced ride so I don't see any reason for people not to keep up with the SXS in front of them.We can't do a real slow slow ride or we will never get anywhere dynwim
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 7:37 am

bush wrote:
i will be riding in the back but will make my way to the front a few times to get some video. so if you see an orange RZR haulin azz passed im just trying to get up front to get video and im sure i will be taking dylan back to the front to bobby. Wink

Thanks Bush I was going to ask you if you minded bringing up the rear and I will need you to pick up Dylan and the camera from time to time but I think I'm bringing 2 cameras so you won't have to rush Dylan back to me with the camera and he can come back up front at the next break stop.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 7:39 am

TBONE21 wrote:
Bobby,

I would add bandanas and goggles to the list. I know last time I was there they ran out at Ashland. Everyone should buy a couple just in case it's dusty. Also Ashland may only have a couple pairs of goggles for sale.

Good Post
Back to top Go down
Gary

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 8:18 am

getting to ride somewhere but the back Yahoo! this will be great can't wait to get there seems like I,ve been waiting all summer ROFL
Back to top Go down
JustinHEMI

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 9:14 am

I CAN'T WAIT!!! Let\'s Ride
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/JECrocker
bubba53

Number of posts : 12043
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 10:10 am

TBONE21 wrote:
I mean I felt bad to pass but I had no idea where I was at and me and a friend were at the rear. We both had no idea where to go and the group was on the coal road pulling further and further away. I finally just passed him and caught up with the group. I was scared I was going to get lost. Thoughts
Baaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
3012red

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 11:02 am

He was scared!!!!!!!!! What a big wuss!!!!! If you want to hang with Bubba Mr, T-Bone, you are gonna have to grow a pair and man up!!!!!!! If you was scared then, just wait till that hot rod rhino just keeps passing you!! Big Laugh
Back to top Go down
neuromax

Number of posts : 2775

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 11:05 am

Back to top Go down
rayray

Number of posts : 6331
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 11:31 am

neuromax wrote:

Not too hot...not too cold...JUUUST RIGHT. Let\'s Ride
Back to top Go down
GETERDUN

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 11:48 am

neuromax wrote:

Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! Let\'s Ride
Back to top Go down
neuromax

Number of posts : 2775

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 11:52 am

It looks like PERFECT weather to me. I hope that rain hits today!

Hoodies, jeans and campfires are my favorite times of the year!
Back to top Go down
JustinHEMI

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   October 5th 2010, 12:35 pm

neuromax wrote:
It looks like PERFECT weather to me. I hope that rain hits today!

Hoodies, jeans and campfires are my favorite times of the year!

I couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/JECrocker
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th   

Back to top Go down

Fall Ride Oct 8th-10th
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next