WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» 2018 Spring Ride
October 16th 2017, 7:42 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 10-28-17 halloween ride at hotrods
October 16th 2017, 12:25 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 2017 Fall Ride
October 15th 2017, 11:24 pm by My 800

» overland expedition - potts mountian
October 5th 2017, 10:19 am by offroadohio

» blond cocker spaniel
September 29th 2017, 6:57 pm by Gary

» Anyone Riding this Weekend?
September 11th 2017, 2:04 pm by Finzup

» The View to Flag Rock
September 7th 2017, 3:42 pm by kmccauley

» Too quiet
September 7th 2017, 11:06 am by Guest

» outlaw trail maps
August 23rd 2017, 11:16 am by Timmi

Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

simoniz

Top posting users this month
My 800

WV Hot Rod Rhino

Timmi

Rick_308

offroadohio

Most active topic starters
bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Steve K

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

spring ride ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Groups for Spring Ride on H/M?
Yes
82%
 82% [ 18 ]
No
18%
 18% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

Number of posts : 5377
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 2:25 am

TBONE21 wrote:
I'm game for it. I still think we need to do groups so we can get more riding in. A fast group, a medium paced group, a slow group, and a rhino group. lol!

Could the fast group also be the late starting group?lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
bubba53

Number of posts : 12043
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 9:26 am

I volunteer to lead the slow group....I think all the groups should go their own way...I could easily get 50 miles in and still eat in welch or pineville... thats if we have groups of 35 or less...
Back to top Go down
porkchop

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 7:12 pm

well if we gonna do a out law trail ride , I just dont know if the H/M folks would do the permitt specials , because it would seem as if they were promoting the outlaw trails !
Back to top Go down
3012red

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 8:11 pm

People sould make it a habit to pick up trail litter each and every time that they stop to take a break!!!!!! I just throw it in my floor board and haul it out of there. I hate the kind of folks that just throw every thing out along the trails and parking areas. And then they cry thye loudest when a area gets shut down because of all of the mess. OK, I'm done now.
Back to top Go down
Carolinarhino

Number of posts : 1710
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 8:43 pm

porkchop wrote:
well if we gonna do a out law trail ride , I just dont know if the H/M folks would do the permitt specials , because it would seem as if they were promoting the outlaw trails !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 8:46 pm

Well outlaw would be Sunday only and Thursday. They wouldnt know unless they were a member here.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 9:55 pm

porkchop wrote:

I think we need to commit Friday & Saturday to H/M trails and the ones that come in early Thursday will do like usual & ride what they want and Sunday there will not be many left so that day should be open to whatever too IMO.Do you think this will work Porkchop?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 11:27 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Now that I think about it more........if we do one big group then Friday we may be ok but Saturday being the big day we will about have to do a green trail so the obstacles will be down. That could make it work as one big group. Just still tossing ideas

Mostly green trails?

Just because you get hung up on every little mole hill doesn't mean everyone else has to stay on the baby slopes. I don't believe H&M has anything that a sxs is allowed on that is to much of a challenge. Green trails are all fast 2wd trails, or at least all the ones I've been on are that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 11:30 pm

I just said that in hopes that no obstacles slow the group down and cause a mess. In past obstacles have caused major problems. The Saturday of the fall ride was a mess and obstacles was the culprit. That and the rzr's overheating.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin

Number of posts : 5377
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 11:32 pm

Hump wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:
Now that I think about it more........if we do one big group then Friday we may be ok but Saturday being the big day we will about have to do a green trail so the obstacles will be down. That could make it work as one big group. Just still tossing ideas

Mostly green trails?

Just because you get hung up on every little mole hill doesn't mean everyone else has to stay on the baby slopes. I don't believe H&M has anything that a sxs is allowed on that is to much of a challenge. Green trails are all fast 2wd trails, or at least all the ones I've been on are that way.

ROFL ROFL ROFL Big Laugh
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
Hump

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 29th 2011, 11:59 pm

OK, here's Hump's idea #2. I realize #1 was a turd, I've since got with the program.

When we ride H&M, instead of a fast group/slow group, lets go with one fast group who wants to fly on the smoother trails, and a group or two for the blue/black trails. Being that it's on H&M and eveyone has a map, we can fairly easily meet at a certain trail or intersection for lunch.

Now, Tbone this is a serious one to try to give everyone the type of riding they want, while still having groups to ride together.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 12:09 am

Hey that's a good idea too hump. I hope we get more direction from other members on their thoughts. I like your idea! Great post!
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 12:12 am

TBONE21 wrote:
I just said that in hopes that no obstacles slow the group down and cause a mess. In past obstacles have caused major problems. The Saturday of the fall ride was a mess and obstacles was the culprit. That and the rzr's overheating.

I had a great time that Saturday, and I didn't mind waiting a little bit on those who had trouble. I didn't think it was a mess at all. With that many machines, it went way better than I ever expected.
Back to top Go down
rayray

Number of posts : 6331
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 12:27 am

Hump wrote:
OK, here's Hump's idea #2. I realize #1 was a turd, I've since got with the program.

When we ride H&M, instead of a fast group/slow group, lets go with one fast group who wants to fly on the smoother trails, and a group or two for the blue/black trails. Being that it's on H&M and eveyone has a map, we can fairly easily meet at a certain trail or intersection for lunch.

Now, Tbone this is a serious one to try to give everyone the type of riding they want, while still having groups to ride together.

Hump....that is the best idea so far in my book...SERIOUSLY!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 12:34 am

rayray wrote:
Hump wrote:

Hump....that is the best idea so far in my book...SERIOUSLY!!

Thanks Rayray. It's a 3hr drive for me, and alot more than that for others. Those green trails are a blast, but I can hit a dirt road here at the house and get my speed fix without hooking up the trailer. I like a good mix of terrain. I really like the outlaw trails, and most of them would be black trails if they were H&M. None of them would be green trails. IJS
Back to top Go down
porkchop

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 1:10 am

I agree Hump , the outlaw trails are great and would more than likely be blues and blacks and I like riding them and dont have a problem riding the whole weekend on them if yall want to . but I dont think we need to do the permitt thing if we do .

if we ride H/M maybe a blue/green group and a black/blue group .

about the outlaw trails with spring coming in do you think the patrols would be up on the outlaw trails , I just dont want to get a ticket or a ride to jail or even have to run from the law . I just want to RIDE, have fun, make new friends and raise some money for a great charity ! maybe we need to do a pole on outlaw or H/M before we talk to H/M folks again , what do yall think
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 1:41 am

I thought the patrols were only up on the strip jobs? We didn't even go up near the mines on the days I rode last time.

I have no problem at all riding H&M, I like it all. I just don't want to ride around on baby stuff all day.

I would like a day or two of outlaw trails (as long as we're not knowingly trespassing) to continue to learn my way around.

All I'm saying is, I'm not driving 3hrs plus a camp site to ride around in circles on the green trails all day.

I want to get some good riding in, and I've covered all of H&M pinicle creek on my grizzly in just a few hrs at a moderate pace.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it. I'm just trying to figure out whether to make plans and take vaction to make this ride or not.

I am picking on Tbone though. Big Laugh Tbone, why don't you just go ahead and put a mowing deck under that Ham and ride around a golf corse somewhere?

Back to top Go down
porkchop

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 2:00 am

oh Im not thinking your being a jerk and I hope you DO COME cause we gonna have a good time and this is why we are discussing it and the last word is Bobbys ! SO Please dont think that , Im just trying to help make it better , if it can get any better !
Back to top Go down
porkchop

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 2:42 am

the OUTLAW trails sounds good to me , i have always enjoyed them on these rides !
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 2:49 am

porkchop wrote:
oh Im not thinking your being a jerk and I hope you DO COME cause we gonna have a good time and this is why we are discussing it and the last word is Bobbys ! SO Please dont think that , Im just trying to help make it better , if it can get any better !

I just don't want anyone to think that all I want to do is really hard trails. I do not want to see anyone get hurt from trying something extreeme, or from going beyond their skills/experience. I'm just saying that those who had a little trouble on certain sections of trail in the past most likely tell their story over and over, and I bet they loved every part of it. Chop, I don't see anything wrong with your ideas, they are great. I'm just saying a whole day on green trails will be a waste as far as a good ride goes.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   December 30th 2011, 2:54 am

I'm definately in for riding both outlaw and H&M trails while we are there. When I've been there without a H&M pass, I've always wished I had one. I just thought about the trails I missed.

I stick with my idea of H&M groups of different trails for different groups, and a lunch time meeting place. Other than that, I'm game for anything.

Let\'s Ride
Back to top Go down
porkchop

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 1st 2012, 5:09 pm

ok its up to bobby , I have some things here to get organized and figured out here so , it up to what ever bobby wants to do , I will help where I can ! so its back to square 1
Back to top Go down
RickV

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 1st 2012, 6:52 pm

I am up for about anything. I have one question does HM now allow XPs on the trails?
Back to top Go down
groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 1st 2012, 7:05 pm

Outlaw trails for me. I can ride the, not so challengeing, H/M anytime....
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 1st 2012, 7:06 pm

RickV wrote:
I am up for about anything. I have one question does HM now allow XPs on the trails?

I can't see them not allowing the XPs on the trails
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 1st 2012, 7:12 pm

I don't care what we ride but it's getting to the point we are going to have to ride them some sooner or later without going further away from Ashland Resort and to stay off roads as much as possible which I hate having to get on any roads but sometimes you have no choice getting from one trail to another.

If Porkchop can get us a weekend permit for $20.00 or less and let the money go to the Charity that would be great as I know a bunch of us will already have a annual H/M permit anyways.

I would only want to ride the H/M trails 1 or 2 days at the most but I want to do what ever makes the majority happy
Back to top Go down
jedster1

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 3rd 2012, 11:06 am

I'm game for whatever you guys decide. I really don't want to ride where my xp is too wide for the trails if there is such a place. I like to ride fast,but, I like the challenge of the slower rough stuff too.
Back to top Go down
mastiff

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 3rd 2012, 11:44 am

What about Rockhouse? You could camp/rent a cabin on the Gilbert side plus have access to food and gas. It has several challenging trails and its wide enough for an xp.
Back to top Go down
killlerskunk

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2011-10-13

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 3rd 2012, 12:51 pm

I like the group idea, I personally would love to get on some outlaw trails, I never get to ride those because I don't know where they go or how to get back. The HM trails are easy to navigate with the map. I hooked up with shawn over Thanksgiving and got my first taste of outlaw trails and it was awesome. Would love to get on some of those. Still I will do whatever the majority votes to do. Just want to meet everyone and have a great time for a great cause. Put me in the FAST Group

Let's Ride.........
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   January 3rd 2012, 1:53 pm

Looks like by the voting that H/M trails are winning

Like I said I want to do whatever makes the most people happiest so if Porkchop can get us a discount for two days on the H/M trails but If they don't want to do that because we will ride some non H/M trails then we might as well just ride Outlaw trails.

Of course I will lead the faster group
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spring ride ideas   

Back to top Go down

spring ride ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next