WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» Poker Run Wirt
August 14th 2017, 11:56 am by hotrod50

» Poker run Creston?
August 7th 2017, 8:53 pm by Bubbaz

» Too quiet
August 6th 2017, 10:45 am by Rick_308

» poker
August 6th 2017, 10:43 am by Rick_308

» Anyone???
July 31st 2017, 8:39 am by Timmi

» The Potential Return of Great Googly Moogly
July 30th 2017, 10:21 pm by rayray

» New guy from Maryland
July 26th 2017, 11:04 am by TBONE21

» 2017 Fall Ride
July 24th 2017, 11:55 pm by My 800

» 2017 rzr 900 trail
July 21st 2017, 9:16 am by HEADHUNTER

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
TBONE21

Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

Top posting users this month
Rick_308

Bubbaz

hotrod50

TBONE21

Most active topic starters
TBONE21

bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Real nice place to stay near Bergoo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 12:45 am

Ok, I've watched this place grow over the last couple of years, and didn't know much about it. It's 10 miles from where I ride, so I almost never go up there, and really didn't know much about it other than they had alot of trout there in the stream on site, and that they done guided fishing/hunting tours in the area. I've watched their lodge being built, and the last time I was up there it was occupied. So, today I went up to get some info. They have 5 cabins that sleep several people. (2-3 beds in each one), and the lodge is huge and has 6 rooms with a huge downstairs with pool table, etc.. Each room in the lodge has 2 or 3 beds in it. You can reserve just a room in it, or get the whole thing for $700/night, minimum 2 night stay. They also have tent sites, and 6 camper sites with electric but no water hookups.

I think it would be cool for enough of us to get together and get the whole lodge for a group ride.

I talked to the guy that manages the place, and he said it is very atv friendly, and we were very welcome to stay there and ride from there. I asked about after ride activities, and he said as long as we didn't bother others, we could do whatever we want. He said some people do stay there and ride, and he's seen them have beer for breakfast, ride all day, and party in the eve. He said if I got enough people to get the whole lodge, he didn't care what we did because it was away from the other cabins. He said if the parking lot got full, he would find somewhere to put all our tow rigs. And, he also said if we got the whole lodge, he didn't care how many stayed in there with sleeping bags or whatever.

It is a very scenic 10 miles of one lane pavement/gravel road to get to the trails I ride (15minutes). But, it is the closest nice place to stay, and worth riding the pavement.

Check it out..http://sites.google.com/site/elkspringsresortwv/home
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 1:09 am

Real nice Hump!! Just pick the dates for a group ride and I'll be there. Except for May 19th and 20th. I already committed to Chris50 benefit ride at 5 Points.
Back to top Go down
Dustytrac

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 5:13 am

This place is nice. The folks who own the lodge are from here in Wayne County. The new restaurant-bar is great. The fly fishing pro shop is the best around. The fly fishing in that area is the best in WV. Our cabin is only 5 minutes away from the lodge. And Snowshoe is 15 minutes away. Snowshoe hosts a GNCC race in June every year that is awesome for the Atv/sxs crowd.
Back to top Go down
pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 11:03 am

Glad to see bergoo get on the map. Sounds like a big upgrade form the hobo camp at the old store.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 11:12 am

I would like to go.Hump how about the weekend

of June 9th I'm off that whole week.Why don't you get a list started and also find out if that weekend is available and how much deposit he needs to book it.So I guess 2 nights is $1400.00 so if we could get 24 riders that would just be over $58.00 each
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
CommAndrew

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 11:18 am

That place looks awesome
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 12:41 pm

Bobby D wrote:
I would like to go.Hump how about the weekend

of June 9th I'm off that whole week.Why don't you get a list started and also find out if that weekend is available and how much deposit he needs to book it.So I guess 2 nights is $1400.00 so if we could get 24 riders that would just be over $58.00 each

Bad news Bobby, every room in the lodge, and every cabin is booked that weekend. He told me it was hard to get May - June. July looks good, for now anyway.

Here is a link to check on vacancy..http://sites.google.com/site/elkspringsresortwv/home/lodging/vacancies
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 10:23 pm

Surely Hump we can get at least 15 riders to commit. Even if only 15 of us go that's only 94 dollars for 2 nights at the lodge. Like Bobby I wonder how much of a deposit we would need to reserve it.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 10:41 pm

Thunter wrote:
Surely Hump we can get at least 15 riders to commit. Even if only 15 of us go that's only 94 dollars for 2 nights at the lodge. Like Bobby I wonder how much of a deposit we would need to reserve it.

I read he wants 50% up front for a deposit.

Just pick a date and I think it's going to be easier to have people reserve their own cabin or camp site.I don't see anyone forking over $700.00 for a deposit and getting burned when some don't show up.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 10:47 pm

Cabins would be the way to go they are $175.00 a night for 4 people then $25.00 each after 4 up to 6 people.So 6 people to a cabin is $225.00 a night and $37.50 each per night

http://sites.google.com/site/elkspringsresortwv/home/lodging/cabins

Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 10:50 pm

Cabins would be the way to go they are $175.00 a night for 4 people then $25.00.So 6 people to a cabin is $225.00 a night and $37.50 each per night

http://sites.google.com/site/elkspringsresortwv/home/lodging/cabins

I see one is $200.00 a night so that would not be much more either way.

Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 15th 2012, 11:43 pm

Yea Bobby 700 is a lot of dough just to reserve it. By looking at the vacancies July 8th and 9th is the first weekend where all the cabins are available. On holiday weekends it's a 3 day minimum stay at the cabins. Hump it's your call, I'll be there if at all possible if you wanna have a group ride.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 16th 2012, 2:08 am

If we thought we could get enough to fill the lodge, each of us could book a room in it seperate, that way if someone bailed, it wouldn't be a big deal. I wouldn't want it if we only booked half the rooms and had to share the big downstairs room with strangers. I was just thinking how cool it would be to be able to have some beers, shoot pool, and hang out in that place after riding.

If we were to get a few to get rooms in the lodge, Becky and I would stay there too, because I have a good time hanging out with most people on here, not just riding.

Someone come up with some dates for this ride. I won't do it because I live the closest, and I can go ride there right now if i want. Someone throw some ideas out there. I will make the ride whenever it is.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 16th 2012, 9:13 am

Well Hump July 8th and 9th look the best right now for vacancies. That's the closest dates where everything is available. I'm pretty flexible though so lets see what others have for suggestions.
Back to top Go down
RHarrah

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 16th 2012, 10:02 am

July 8th & 9th sounds interesting
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 16th 2012, 12:10 pm

Thunter, did you mean 7th and 8th? I'm just asking because the 9th is on a Monday. I could take off work that Monday, but others may not.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   April 16th 2012, 7:52 pm

Hump wrote:
Thunter, did you mean 7th and 8th? I'm just asking because the 9th is on a Monday. I could take off work that Monday, but others may not.

No Hump that was my bad. The 7th and 8th was what I meant. Independence day weekend is also pretty open but anyone that stayed in a cabin would have to get it for 3 days. See what some of the other guys wanna do before you decide anything. Like I said I'm pretty flexible on when we go.
Back to top Go down
ruauman2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   May 1st 2012, 7:17 pm

After reading this thread I booked a cabin for July 6-10. I'm new to this forum and I haven't ridden in Bergoo, so I hope this becomes a group ride. I'd like to meet some of you folks. If it doesn't become a group ride, I will probably be asking for some advice on places to ride.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   May 2nd 2012, 3:20 am

ruauman2 wrote:
After reading this thread I booked a cabin for July 6-10. I'm new to this forum and I haven't ridden in Bergoo, so I hope this becomes a group ride. I'd like to meet some of you folks. If it doesn't become a group ride, I will probably be asking for some advice on places to ride.

sounds good. I will be ride the 7th and 8th unless something major comes up.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   May 2nd 2012, 9:57 pm

Alright guys count me in for the 7th and 8th. I just called and made reservations for a room in the lodge.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   May 2nd 2012, 10:50 pm

Looks like you need to start a new thread for a ride July 7th & 8th

Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   May 2nd 2012, 11:17 pm

Bobby D wrote:

I hear ya!! This is Humps turf, so I will leave that up to him. lol!
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   May 3rd 2012, 3:31 am

Thunter wrote:
Bobby D wrote:

I hear ya!! This is Humps turf, so I will leave that up to him. lol!

I was gonna post it up yesterday, but Bobby's pics and videos got me distracted. It's all his fault that I was being a slacker.
Back to top Go down
dsawdy

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2012-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   October 28th 2012, 8:14 am

I have stayed at ELks Springs several times each for ATV/UTV riding. They have now converted the Hippie Cabin into 4 efficiency suites. Each has a diff size bed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sawdy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real nice place to stay near Bergoo   

Back to top Go down

Real nice place to stay near Bergoo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1