WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» outlaw trail maps
Yesterday at 1:50 pm by jrf2288

» Poker Run Wirt
August 21st 2017, 5:38 pm by ElmoEOD

» Poker run Creston?
August 7th 2017, 8:53 pm by Bubbaz

» Too quiet
August 6th 2017, 10:45 am by Rick_308

» poker
August 6th 2017, 10:43 am by Rick_308

» Anyone???
July 31st 2017, 8:39 am by Timmi

» The Potential Return of Great Googly Moogly
July 30th 2017, 10:21 pm by rayray

» New guy from Maryland
July 26th 2017, 11:04 am by TBONE21

» 2017 Fall Ride
July 24th 2017, 11:55 pm by My 800

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
TBONE21

Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

Top posting users this month
Rick_308

Bubbaz

hotrod50

TBONE21

ElmoEOD

jrf2288

Most active topic starters
TBONE21

bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

July 7-8 ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
bigben129

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   June 30th 2012, 1:00 am

I know i am going swimming thunter!

That is if the convoy stops long enough
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 12:21 pm

Haven't seen or heard from Hump on here lately. I wonder how hard the storm hit the Bergoo area? Hump do I need to bring a chain saw for the ride? lol!
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 1:13 pm

I'd say you will be doing more cutting than riding. I don't think I'm going to make it. Power not supposed to be back on til Fri or Sat. I am going to burn up ALL gas $ in gas for generator. I'd bring plenty of gas with you. For your truck and your ride. Gas is hard to come by everywhere up here right now. Wait in lines for hours at a time. In remote areas like Webster Co u will prob be lucky to find gas. Yall might want to try to contact the lodge later in the week to see if u have a place to stay too.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 1:41 pm

I figure most stuff will be back up and running by Saturday. I will still contact the lodge about Wednesday and make sure everything is ok.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 5:59 pm

We are going to need to know how hard they got hit up there and if it is worth going now.If they don't have any power and there are trees down everywhere on the trails it may be a cluster and maybe need to reschedule for a later date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
RickV

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 8:22 pm

I doubt very serious if I make it now. I am up to my eyeballs in after this storm. Was supposed to be on vacation next week but got called into work. I'll let you all know for sure later in the week. I might just come down and sit by the camp and
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 9:16 pm

There is a good chance there were people riding today and even more next weekend. So there should be plenty of people clearing the trails. Hope Hump is ok!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 9:23 pm

I bet Hump don't have any power or he would be on here giving us some info.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 1st 2012, 10:32 pm

Bobby D wrote:
I bet Hump don't have any power or he would be on here giving us some info.

I tried to call him a few hours ago but couldn't get ahold of him. Give him a couple days. I got lucky and got my electric back on yesterday about noon. However a new round of storms just went through and it's off again. Oh joy!!!
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 3:10 am

Ok I got to talk to Hump tonight. I don't really have much info to give other than to say give it a few days and lets see what happens. Hump said they didn't seem to get hit as bad as some of the other areas but there is still no power around Bergoo. So that means no gas. I will call the lodge on Tuesday and see how they are. If you're gonna go I would make sure that you take enough gas in case you can't fill up the SXS locally. And I would top off the truck as close to Bergoo as possible.

I will be going even if the lodge doesn't have power. Hump didn't seem to think any down trees would be a problem on the trails by Saturday. He said they will be packed with riders on the 4th thru the weekend and those riders would be clearing trails also. Hopefully they will get the power back on and that would mean we could get gas most everywhere. So I guess it's just a wait and see.
Will let you guys know more when I have more info
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 2:17 pm

Still no power hardly anywhere around home. They are saying all customers back on by the 5th. I work tonight and tomarrow night, and I hope it's back on when I get back home Wed morning. I will get over there to prerun some trails as soon as there is power. I really don't know what to expect. Some people that ride there alot may not be there due to the storm IDK. I hope I'm not clearing trails alone. It may end up being a slow ride this time.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Number of posts : 2034
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 2:55 pm

Hump wrote:
Still no power hardly anywhere around home. They are saying all customers back on by the 5th. I work tonight and tomarrow night, and I hope it's back on when I get back home Wed morning. I will get over there to prerun some trails as soon as there is power. I really don't know what to expect. Some people that ride there alot may not be there due to the storm IDK. I hope I'm not clearing trails alone. It may end up being a slow ride this time.

I still plan on coming.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 4:37 pm

Myself & Rick S are planning on coming Friday after work.We get off at 2:30pm and will be riding up together to save on fuel.I know Geterdun said he would know by Tuesday if he was coming.

I would like to get the Sportsman Cabin that sleeps 6 for myself,Rick S,Finzup & Geterdun and ?
Back to top Go down
Great Googly Moogly

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 8:48 pm

I'm still planning on coming as long as the lodge is open and taking guests. Probably won't get there 'til 8 or 9 pm on Friday, and gotta bug out Sunday morning to make it back to (God give me strength) Washington DC for work Monday morning, but I hope to get at a good day of riding in with you guys on Saturday.

Not that this is here or there as far as this ride goes, but my power went out here in "occupied Virginia" at 10:30 pm on Friday night and didn't get it back 'til today around 5:00 pm today. Everything in the fridges and freezers is now a 9th grade biology experiment.
Back to top Go down
ruauman2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 9:02 pm

I called the lodge and left a voice message...no return call yet. I'd like to hear that they have electricity and are ready for guests.

I still don't have electricity here in Harpers Ferry. Thursday morning is my deadline. That will give me all day to put away the generator, cables, and get everything back in working order. Also to get loaded up for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Number of posts : 2034
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 9:59 pm

Our power came back on this morning. Some neighbors still without.

I'm good to go if Hump is. Have a small generator to bring if we have to rough it.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 10:38 pm

Well I'm good to go and coming down Friday night. Unless the lodge can't have us. I sure hope Hump can make it!! I know my way around enough I could have a good time down there without a guide, but I still get lost a bit.
Back to top Go down
Great Googly Moogly

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 2nd 2012, 10:52 pm

Thunter wrote:
Well I'm good to go and coming down Friday night. Unless the lodge can't have us. I sure hope Hump can make it!! I know my way around enough I could have a good time down there without a guide, but I still get lost a bit.

Get lost a bit? COME ON, HUMP!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 3rd 2012, 12:21 am

Great Googly Moogly wrote:
Thunter wrote:

Get lost a bit? COME ON, HUMP!!! lol!

lol! You notice I said I could have a good time down there, I didn't say I could guide everyone else to a good time.
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 3rd 2012, 12:57 am

You guys are hardcore. I will be there.

My Mom and Stepdad are good friends with Carol that owns one of the stores at Bergoo, and I will know pretty quick when they get power back. I will ride even if there is no power there. I have heard that people are still acting like zombies at most of the open gas stations. Maybe they will calm down, or run out of gas money by the end of the week.

I'm going over on the 4th or 5th to clear trials.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 3rd 2012, 6:17 pm

What's the latest news does the Resort have power etc
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 3rd 2012, 6:50 pm

I tried to call the resort but got no answer. I also sent them a email. I have no idea if they have the ability to answer either one. Hopefully they will get back to me soon!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 1:06 am

Bergoo, still no power as far as I know. Still no power at my house. Late Friday they are saying. They ran out of gas a Webster, but have more coming. who knows how long that will last. I would say if you are coming you better stop at every gas station you see within 1 hr of there and top off your truck. Also, if you have gas in cans that you don't carry on your sxs, you better hide it good, or lock it up somehow while we are riding.

THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY OVER GAS!

I'm heading home tomarrow, and will give you guys an update as soon as I can.

I wouldn't head to the resort until someone hears from them. When I go over to check out the trails I will ride up and see what the deal is. Maybe they don't have phone or internet, and may get power before they get phone service back.

Stay tuned, and watch out for zombies. lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 1:10 am

Thanks for the update Hump
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 1:24 am

Also, I want to say that those who can't make it, or don't want the stress of all the crazy preparedness it's going to take, I will ride two days over there again very soon and often. If you can't make it and want to ride here, get with me and we will plan another ride real soon.

By Friday eve, everything here is supposed to be up and running, so if we have to go out just a little ways to get more fuel, someone will have it.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 1:41 am

Hump wrote:
Also, I want to say that those who can't make it, or don't want the stress of all the crazy preparedness it's going to take, I will ride two days over there again very soon and often. If you can't make it and want to ride here, get with me and we will plan another ride real soon.

By Friday eve, everything here is supposed to be up and running, so if we have to go out just a little ways to get more fuel, someone will have it.

Well I will come with everything I need for the weekend. I think the fuel is the only main issue. I guess it all boils down to whether the lodge will be open or not. If they aren't gonna be open for whatever reason, I'll just take the money I already gave them and schedule a new trip. lol! Hopefully we're good to go this weekend. If you have another ride, I'll try my best to attend that one as well.
Back to top Go down
Great Googly Moogly

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 10:38 am

Thunter wrote:
I tried to call the resort but got no answer. I also sent them a email. I have no idea if they have the ability to answer either one. Hopefully they will get back to me soon!!

Ditto on the above. If we don't hear from the resort, what's Plan B? Where will we meet? Everyone just show up at the resort and pitch some tents?
Back to top Go down
simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 10:52 am

I've been watching this thread, really was wanting to bring my boys but I'd hate to go to jail for shooting a fool!
Back to top Go down
Thunter

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 11:31 am

Great Googly Moogly wrote:
Thunter wrote:

Ditto on the above. If we don't hear from the resort, what's Plan B? Where will we meet? Everyone just show up at the resort and pitch some tents?

Thats what I was thinking Googly, I don't need a cabin or electric. I ain't had much electric around here lately anyway. LOL!! I know a couple small places to pitch a tent near Bergoo. Nothing great though. I'm just preparing like I'm going. It will work out, have faith!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Charlie M

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   July 4th 2012, 12:16 pm

I hope I still get to go, vacation started Thursday, I got to go riding Friday. The storm hit Friday night, we lost a shed, dog kennel and 1 apple tree. We have had no power since, thank goodness for a generator. What a way to spend vacation, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 7-8 ride   

Back to top Go down

July 7-8 ride
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next