WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» New guy from Maryland
June 19th 2017, 9:57 pm by WHITETAILCHASER

» Anyone???
June 6th 2017, 8:13 am by Timmi

» 2017 Fall Ride
May 30th 2017, 11:02 pm by dsawdy

» I need a favor
May 29th 2017, 12:59 am by My 800

» pictures
May 23rd 2017, 5:35 pm by Gary

» Camping On trail suggestions
May 19th 2017, 10:27 am by gfunk

» Anyone Riding 5/19
May 19th 2017, 8:13 am by ElmoEOD

» 2017 JBS Spring Ride Video
May 17th 2017, 2:44 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Maxxis Bighorn 2s on Can Am wheels
May 12th 2017, 8:08 pm by Ontrack

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

hotrod50

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
TBONE21

Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

Top posting users this month
Finzup

mikec

WHITETAILCHASER

Timmi

dsawdy

bstouffer

barsav

Most active topic starters
TBONE21

bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Group buy for property who wants in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 15th 2013, 10:49 pm

Ok it's time to get serious and get a list of members that would like to go in for a minimum investment of $1,000.00 to buy a place for ourselves.We will keep a running list of who will come up with a $1,000.00 when a place is found.We only want members on the list that are serious and who will not back out when funds are needed to purchase.

This place is for sale and would be great but I think out of our price range.
http://www.century21.com/property/egeria-rd-matoaka-wv-24736-C2137486773

Here are several large property's that would be big enough for 50+ members to invest in and we could buy real soon I think.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Baptism-Rd_Rock_WV_24747_M46526-19458

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Browning-Lambert-Mt-Rd_Rock_WV_24747_M46545-94553

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Browning-Lambert-Mountain_Montcalm_WV_24737_M46702-08983

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Rt-71_Rock_WV_24747_M48752-51426

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/11-Whispering-Winds-Trail_Camp-Creek_WV_25820_M48470-78220

If you are serious post you are in and I will add you to the list.

Investors

Bobby D
CommAndrew
Barry
Hump
Geterdun

Last edited by Bobby D on January 16th 2013, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 15th 2013, 11:03 pm

I see who ever is investing in this land that a LLC partnership should be set up with each partner having a equal share and certain rules being drawn up to protect everyone involved for example if you are a partner you are allowed to bring guest to stay on the property only if they are accompanied by you a partner.This way you would not have people showing up saying so & so is a member and said it was ok for me to camp & party here etc etc which could open up a can of worms and you could have all sorts of problems.I see this is one of the major rules that would need to be laid out along with others to be discussed and agreed on by all parties.

I'm not saying a LLC partnership is the right way to set it up and we would want legal counsel for which route to take and our member Not Guilty being a West Va Attorney may help us out and offer to draw up what we need for a discount & advise of which would be the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 12:55 am

Thought we would have more interest in buying property but I will keep this going until we get enough people that want to do this even if it's just 10 or 20 members and then we will see what we can find with what we have.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 3:53 am

It's something I would be interested in, but not right now with the build of the rhino. When I get things lined out later and get some money built up again that I feel safe I won't have to use for something else, I will post up. I think this is a great idea.

I 100% agree with what you are saying about the rules. Nobody there without one of the owners is a must. I wouldn't be a part of it without that rule.

Tbone should buy us a place and let us buy into it as we get said amount of money to pay in lump some. Seriously, the trouble with this idea is that the longer we wait the more out of reach this will be with H&M expanding more and more.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 3:58 am

I would like to add that I am very serious about this, and will commit when the money is there. Having a getaway like that is something I've always wanted, but it is out of reach for me as far as doing it alone.

I used to want a place over at Bergoo, but with Mom living there and being able to ride straight from her house there is just no point in it.
Back to top Go down
GETERDUN

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 9:13 am

Bobby,

You know I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 1:32 pm

Investors
Bobby D
CommAndrew
Barry
Hump
Geterdun
Back to top Go down
Van P

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 2:19 pm

I'm in Bobby if that's ok , talk to you about this weekend !!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://adamspiercefurniture.com
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 5:03 pm

Van P wrote:
I'm in Bobby if that's ok , talk to you about this weekend !!!!!

I figured you would be
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 5:03 pm

Investors

Bobby D
CommAndrew
Barry
Hump
Geterdun
Van P
Back to top Go down
sprint8

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 10:43 pm

Not to hijack your thread but I have considered buying a place in wv to ride from but my concern is that basically rumor is that folks there will steal anything and everything. the main advantage of having a camp there to me would be able to store machines there so I can drive a car getting 35 mpg instead of a 3/4 ton truck and toyhauler getting 7-8 mpg to save about 250 or more a trip.

What would the plan be to secure the place during the times when nobody is there.

I am really new to the board and haven't met any of you guys in real life but sometime in the future this would be something I would be interested in.
Back to top Go down
Sandbuggy

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 10:47 pm

Sprint, Welcome They plan to enforce the Bubba army and use his highly trained guard goats. ROFL All kidding a side I think it would be great to have storage up there for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 16th 2013, 11:20 pm

sprint8 wrote:
Not to hijack your thread but I have considered buying a place in wv to ride from but my concern is that basically rumor is that folks there will steal anything and everything. the main advantage of having a camp there to me would be able to store machines there so I can drive a car getting 35 mpg instead of a 3/4 ton truck and toyhauler getting 7-8 mpg to save about 250 or more a trip.

What would the plan be to secure the place during the times when nobody is there.

I am really new to the board and haven't met any of you guys in real life but sometime in the future this would be something I would be interested in.

Well if you get enough people their should be someone there most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Camoeiger

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 17th 2013, 12:22 am

I like the idea, I've actually been trying to find a storage facility where leave my rzr locked up and ride from it. My truck only gets 10 mpg pulling.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 17th 2013, 12:27 am

Camoeiger wrote:
I like the idea, I've actually been trying to find a storage facility where leave my rzr locked up and ride from it. My truck only gets 10 mpg pulling.

I'm sure you could find one in Princeton but still have to trailer from there.I thought I heard Ashland Resort might get into that later scratch
Back to top Go down
amiller

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 17th 2013, 12:31 am

Camoeiger wrote:

DRIVING AT 80+MPH......WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT IN GAS MILEAGE???????I SEEN YOU ON THE HIGHWAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.millerlandscaping.net
Yotehunter66

Number of posts : 2119
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 19th 2013, 12:35 pm

Camoeiger wrote:

With price of fuel that is going to be a common problem.
Back to top Go down
wvregulators

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 19th 2013, 1:58 pm

i would be in depending on where it is and how big a place we find, and storage would be great
Back to top Go down
Milkman

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 19th 2013, 2:49 pm

Id be interested in going in on some land. Divide the land up equally depending on how many members we have buy in. Each member would be free to establish a structure on his portion whether its permanet or temporary. I think 50 acres would be the max we would ever need even with 50 members going in. Thats an acre per member. A 1/2 acre each would prob be plenty.
Back to top Go down
jemcd

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 24th 2013, 8:42 am

I would be interested, depending where and how much land, I need to know more, where is money comming from for taxes? improvements, maintence? is there going to be Dues? ect-ect-ect where is every body from? I'am from Youngstown Oh, keep this going, It sounds great,
Back to top Go down
bubba53

Number of posts : 12043
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 24th 2013, 8:50 am

Count me in if it's only a $1000.00
Back to top Go down
bubba53

Number of posts : 12043
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 24th 2013, 9:10 am

Bobby D wrote:
I see who ever is investing in this land that a LLC partnership should be set up with each partner having a equal share and certain rules being drawn up to protect everyone involved for example if you are a partner you are allowed to bring guest to stay on the property only if they are accompanied by you a partner.This way you would not have people showing up saying so & so is a member and said it was ok for me to camp & party here etc etc which could open up a can of worms and you could have all sorts of problems.I see this is one of the major rules that would need to be laid out along with others to be discussed and agreed on by all parties.

I'm not saying a LLC partnership is the right way to set it up and we would want legal counsel for which route to take and our member Not Guilty being a West Va Attorney may help us out and offer to draw up what we need for a discount & advise of which would be the best way to go.
It's a dog gone shame we have to go thru all this extra stuff just to share something...a simple handshake is good enough for me....
Back to top Go down
tpollock

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2012-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 24th 2013, 1:05 pm

I would be intrested. Would want to see the place and everything before I said i was totally in.
Back to top Go down
RHarrah

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 24th 2013, 3:51 pm

I too would be interested too...

An idea would be to look at the courts for foreclosed properties. I
know a guy here that bought a 20 acre farm under $1,000 at a sheriff sale. The
down side is he bought them sight unseen. He has like 40 such properties that he is
now selling just to get rid on them He's tired of paying the taxes on them and not using them. The 20 acre farm he can't find and needs to hire someone to find it for him. If I was only closer....
Back to top Go down
jemcd

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 11:14 am

IS this stiil Active??? or did every Body give up allready?
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 12:18 pm

jemcd wrote:
IS this stiil Active??? or did every Body give up allready?

Still active and will keep it going and let the list grow to see how many people we can get to go in on it.
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 12:40 pm

This could get more complicated than we expect. What happens to the persons stake in it if they pass away? Would it stay in the family's name? Would the wife have a right to sell her interest in it or would there be something in the agreement that the other owners have first right to buy them out? Just throwing what ifs so this thing is well thought out. dynwim
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 1:43 pm

Yotehunter66 wrote:
This could get more complicated than we expect. What happens to the persons stake in it if they pass away? Would it stay in the family's name? Would the wife have a right to sell her interest in it or would there be something in the agreement that the other owners have first right to buy them out? Just throwing what ifs so this thing is well thought out.

I think an agreement would have to say that their share would have to be sold to a member on this site.I would not want to be apart of it if just anyone could get in on it that we did not know.

Also once we get enough people then we can work out all this but we need the people that are willing to put up some money.Without the funds to buy property all of the other details are like putting the cart before the horse in my opinion.Once we have enough members that want in on it then we will let the majority agree on how to do everything else and if you don't agree with the majority then you don't have to go in on it is how I see it.

Last edited by Bobby D on January 26th 2013, 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 1:44 pm

Milkman wrote:
Id be interested in going in on some land. Divide the land up equally depending on how many members we have buy in. Each member would be free to establish a structure on his portion whether its permanet or temporary. I think 50 acres would be the max we would ever need even with 50 members going in. Thats an acre per member. A 1/2 acre each would prob be plenty.

That would be great to just divide the land up but the problem I see is it would be a lot more cost involved for surveying,legal fees etc for each person.
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 3:15 pm

Bobby D wrote:
Yotehunter66 wrote:
This could get more complicated than we expect. What happens to the persons stake in it if they pass away? Would it stay in the family's name? Would the wife have a right to sell her interest in it or would there be something in the agreement that the other owners have first right to buy them out? Just throwing what ifs so this thing is well thought out.

I think an agreement would have to say that their share would have to be old to a member on this site.I would not want to be apart of it if just anyone could get in on it that we did not know.

Also once we get enough people then we can has out all this but we need the people that are willing to put up some money.Without the funds to buy property all of the other details are like putting the cart before the horse in my opinion.Once we have enough members that want in on it then we will let the majority agree on how to do everything else and if you don't agree with the majority then you don't have to go in out is how I see it.

That sounds reasonable. When you get that many people you just never know what could happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   

Back to top Go down

Group buy for property who wants in?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next