WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos

Latest topics
» New guy from Maryland
June 19th 2017, 9:57 pm by WHITETAILCHASER

» Anyone???
June 6th 2017, 8:13 am by Timmi

» 2017 Fall Ride
May 30th 2017, 11:02 pm by dsawdy

» I need a favor
May 29th 2017, 12:59 am by My 800

» pictures
May 23rd 2017, 5:35 pm by Gary

» Camping On trail suggestions
May 19th 2017, 10:27 am by gfunk

» Anyone Riding 5/19
May 19th 2017, 8:13 am by ElmoEOD

» 2017 JBS Spring Ride Video
May 17th 2017, 2:44 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Maxxis Bighorn 2s on Can Am wheels
May 12th 2017, 8:08 pm by Ontrack

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

hotrod50

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
TBONE21

Bobby D

bubba53

rayray

WV Hot Rod Rhino

shawn

Hump

pit dog

Jet

big g

Top posting users this month
Finzup

mikec

WHITETAILCHASER

Timmi

dsawdy

bstouffer

barsav

Most active topic starters
TBONE21

bubba53

Bobby D

WV Hot Rod Rhino

JimBob

ElmoEOD

punder

Finzup

neuromax

rayray

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Group buy for property who wants in?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yotehunter66

Number of posts : 2119
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 3:21 pm

Bobby D wrote:
Milkman wrote:
Id be interested in going in on some land. Divide the land up equally depending on how many members we have buy in. Each member would be free to establish a structure on his portion whether its permanet or temporary. I think 50 acres would be the max we would ever need even with 50 members going in. Thats an acre per member. A 1/2 acre each would prob be plenty.

That would be great to just divide the land up but the problem I see is it would be a lot more cost involved for surveying,legal fees etc for each person.

I was thinking if it's just a joint ownership Do we need to have it split into individual parcels as opposed to someone just coming down and setting up a site. That would screw up any permanent buildings though. A little feedback pl
Back to top Go down
jemcd

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 4:00 pm

These are all good points, but they can be worked out!
Back to top Go down
ruauman2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 4:36 pm

You can count me in at this point in time.

I agree it is too early for any specifics but for what it is worth...I'd prefer the majority of the land be left for all to enjoy and not subdivided. I would be 'ok' with small member plots for campsite development, storage, etc. Just leave a good portion of the land for all to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
jemcd

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 8:24 pm

A nuther GOOD POint ! keep it going, I'am Inn
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 10:19 pm

Investors

Bobby D
CommAndrew
Barry
Hump
Geterdun
Van P
jemcd
tpollock
Milkman
wvregulators
ruauman2

If you want in and your not on the list speak up.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Jet

Number of posts : 4150
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 26th 2013, 10:32 pm

Sounds like a good investment. Sign me up. I do like the idea of an area where a member can put a trailer to camp in. Be a lot easier and cheaper to haul an open trailer and not an enclosed toy hauler. Also think my son or step son should be able to use it when I can't be there. We need to work this out up front.
Back to top Go down
RHarrah

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 27th 2013, 12:19 am

I was on page 1
Back to top Go down
Mr. Impulse

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 28th 2013, 11:41 pm

I would be interested Bobby, and am a Broker/Realtor of my own company. I can try to locate some stuff too. I could even represent us in a purchase. Keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 29th 2013, 1:39 pm

Mr. Impulse wrote:
I would be interested Bobby, and am a Broker/Realtor of my own company. I can try to locate some stuff too. I could even represent us in a purchase. Keep me posted.

I think we will need about 50K so it maybe a while but once we hit about 20+ I think I will start looking more seriously.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 29th 2013, 1:40 pm

Investors

Bobby D
CommAndrew
Barry
Hump
Geterdun
Van P
jemcd
tpollock
Milkman
wvregulators
ruauman2
RHarrah
Jet
Mr.Impulse

If you want in and your not on the list speak up.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Impulse

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 29th 2013, 3:32 pm

Depending on the find, i may be interested at a higher level or buy a private potion prorated to bring the cost down, and still be in on the other too, what ever to help the cause. All sorts of ways to work it.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 29th 2013, 4:27 pm

Mr. Impulse wrote:
Depending on the find, i may be interested at a higher level or buy a private potion prorated to bring the cost down, and still be in on the other too, what ever to help the cause. All sorts of ways to work it.

That's fine
Back to top Go down
Jet

Number of posts : 4150
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   January 29th 2013, 8:30 pm

i think we would need twenty guys @ $2500.00. $50,000.00 should get us a nice piece of property. everyone gets a designated spot about the size of a normal RV camping spot (enough room for a trailer, grill area, parking spot for a truck and trailer. ) any improvements that is made to your spot is all on you.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 4th 2013, 12:51 pm

Bluefield Daily Telegraph, Bluefield, WV

June 3, 2013
Property surrounding ATV trails selling fast

By GREG JORDAN
Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BRAMWELL — Property sitting for years without any buyers is now starting to move along with the ATVs traveling the new branch of the Hatfield-McCoy Trail.

On March 25, the newest stretch of the Hatfield-McCoy Trail, the Pocahontas Trail, marked its first anniversary, said Mayor Louise Stoker of Bramwell. Since that time, vacant properties have been selling throughout the town.

“Several have sold, whether or not it’s for ATV housing or people moving into town, I don’t know. There are several properties that have moved (been sold) since the first of the year. These places have been on the market for quite some time, and they’re going fast.”

Bramwell is best known for its historic downtown and homes, but the entire town extends for three miles, Stoker said. Entrepreneurs have purchased the former Bramwell High School and plan to convert it into ATV lodging. Bramwell Town Hall keeps receiving inquires from interested buyers.

“Absolutely,” Stoker said. “In fact, just last week I had a request. A man was looking for a large amount of property for lodging.”

If property is not available in town, Stoker tries to direct interested parties to nearby sites. Bramwell will still benefit if new enterprises are established near its borders, she said. More businesses continue to open in town.

“Just this last week, we had another house open inside the town,” Stoker said. “There are 10 people staying there at that one house this weekend. And we just celebrated on the (May) 25th the first anniversary of the Pocahontas Trail. We’ve seen a big change in the economy, yes.”

Just down U.S. Route 52, communities like Bluewell and Montcalm are seeing more ATV traffic and interest in property. Local volunteer Skip Crane said he recently counted more than 90 ATVs coming through Bluewell in a little more than an hour.

“We talk about it all the time,” Crane said of local property sales. “I think Mercer County is right now in the speculator stage. People from out of state are starting to buy property, and when locals catch on, it’s going to be too late. Property is being sold in Montcalm, and that’s been unheard of for years.”

Not all the properties being sold are in pristine condition.

“People are starting to buy, for lack of a better word, dilapidated structures. It’s still better than a tent,” Crane said.

Bluewell residents have noted how many of the out-of-state buyers are former West Virginians.

“I’m noticing that it’s a lot of people from North Carolina who used to be West Virginians,” Crane said. “They buy places so they can come here for the weekend.”

Now thoughts are turning to increasing the demand for lodging and other services by offering more activities.

“I’m thinking if we could just come up with things for them to do in the wintertime like cross-country skiing or snowmobiling,” Crane speculated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 4th 2013, 1:17 pm

Back to top Go down
jemcd

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 4th 2013, 5:54 pm

Lets Keep this going, it is a really good Idea,It can work
Back to top Go down
big g

Number of posts : 3687
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 4th 2013, 10:08 pm

good post Timmi
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 5th 2013, 2:39 am

This guy said this

“I’m thinking if we could just come up with things for them to do in the
wintertime like cross-country skiing or snowmobiling,” Crane
speculated.

He must not know what the hell goes on because most of us ride more in the winter so why would they need cross county skiing or snowmobiling
lol!
Back to top Go down
BigMotts

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2012-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 5th 2013, 7:34 pm

Bobby D wrote:
This guy said this

“I’m thinking if we could just come up with things for them to do in the
wintertime like cross-country skiing or snowmobiling,” Crane
speculated.

He must not know what the hell goes on because most of us ride more in the winter so why would they need cross county skiing or snowmobiling
lol!

He forgot the most important part needed for cross country skiing...............SNOW.
I actually wrote the author of that article and called him a moron , told him to write about more exciting stuff and to talk to anyone that's not the mayor, it's sad to keep hearing her say the same thing over and over article after article.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pocahontasatvresort.com
BigMotts

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2012-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 5th 2013, 7:36 pm

On a side note , if anyone is interested in investing in cabins with lifetime vacation rights , pm me or call me at the resort. We have a few different possibilities for the right person.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pocahontasatvresort.com
Billy

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 5th 2013, 9:02 pm

my 2 cents, I believe we need to find local realtor that specializes in Farm/Land foreclosures properties at which point we will have an idea on what is available at what cost. Once the property leads have been found by whomever we choose, we can view the potential investment site(s), any restrictions, taxes, land usage caveats etc....
Ideally I personally would prefer buying a foreclosure from a local bank or mortgage company without a realtor involved. If you can show you have say 50 or 100K liquid cash you can obtain mortgage foreclosure information more readily and I know someone that probably could do that.
I have friend in town and I will call her to see if see has any recommendations. She found my foreclosed home in a week and 10 others and I personally negotiated the price down by 50K DEC 2010
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 5th 2013, 9:05 pm

My friend in town made over 200K last year, she is MKB Realtor specializing in what I mention above. I don't want to use her for this property acquirement just her resources if she has any. If it works out I will just pay her. She the wife of my best friend for 30 years, I know her well.
If someone wants me to poke around, I have some time to kill, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Billy

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 6th 2013, 12:01 am

ok spoke to my buddy's wife, we need the counties/cities/towns or what have you in the general locations that we want to consider buying land.
Sooner I get that the faster she can make calls over to WV and see whats out there.
One correction though, most foreclosed properties are assigned to realtors with very few banks / lenders seldom actual sale them directly to buyer directly.
She admitted not being an expert in how WV handles real estate within every market but she is giving general rules and outlines.....
Back to top Go down
Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   June 6th 2013, 1:51 am

Good information billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group buy for property who wants in?   

Back to top Go down

Group buy for property who wants in?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2