WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10007
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10010
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10018
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10011
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10030
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10036
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10055
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 SpringRider10057

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3508
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3512
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3524
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3525
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3528
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3572
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3554
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3538
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 100_3534

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 106_6005-vi
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 106_6098-vi
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Dscf1320
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Dscf1321
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Dscf1322
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010004
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010005
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010006
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010008
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010013
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010020
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010021
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010022
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010026
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010030
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010031

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010049

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 NewYears201012-31-09037

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Vote_lcapI have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Voting_barI have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
bubba53
I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Vote_lcapI have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Voting_barI have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)

Go down 
+10
Gadget
Cumminsdzl
mrwvsportsman
My 800
Ron(09rzr)
Yotehunter66
commando64
dsawdy
Timmi
BobT
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Cumminsdzl

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-01-27

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2014, 7:09 pm

Downloaded a file manager app for the tablet so i could move files around.  Got everything up and running now.

This is amazing, so much better than the ole Garmin.

Bob thanks so much for taking the time to do this for us.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2014, 12:01 pm

Is there a way to choose to download the maps (Opencycle) to the SD card instead of internal memory.  I'm not seeing it if there is.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2014, 12:28 pm

You have to go into the BCN setup and under storage set up you external card as default storage.  It took me a while to figure it out, it is not intuitive.  You may then have to copy your BCN data files to the SD card.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2014, 1:58 pm

Thanks Bob.  I found that. I will give it a shot without moving anything around.  Im just starting to get the hang of it and hate to mess something up.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2014, 2:23 pm

BCN is awesome!  Just a question.  If I want to label different sections of trails do I need to track that section separately and basically have several tracks to make up the whole route or is there an easy way to just track the whole route at once and then go back and label?  That will be something I would need to keep in mind for the next ride.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2014, 5:01 pm

You can just track them seperately and then import them into the existing WV ATV Trails map on BCN.

BCN does not actually use maps, it is just a collection of individual tracks that all show at the same time.  You can adde/delete any track or waypoint you want.  You can also change the color and the waypoint icon if you want.
Just click the little file folder in the upper right, select the database you want and then at the top of the list it will have a box with WV ATV Trails and the number of tracks and waypoints.  Click on that and it will bring up the list of waypoints and tracks, just select one and it will bring up the edit screen where you change many things.

To import new tracks click on the little file folder and select import tracks or waypoint.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2014, 5:18 pm

Thanks Bob, that is what I will have to do on the next ride.  Instead of one long track, if I hit a new trail, I will just track that one.  I figured out how to import and this is much easier than using a Garmin!  Thanks for everything.  There is just a little bit more that I didn't get to hit this weekend that I can get to you.  Just not sure when I can make it back.  It is a little stretch to the field with the 3 wooden crosses.  My Garmin messed up on me and we didnt make it through there Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Gadget

Gadget

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2014, 8:12 pm

I am COMPLETELY illiterate on all this, tried to download from link, my computer messed up, now gotta wait for son to get home, and lecture me about what I did wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 7:37 pm

Ok Ive been fighting this tablet all day and cant seem to get the files into bcn. I've found them on my tablet but can't figure out how to unzip them I guess. When I go to bcn and click on the "trip data" and try and "switch to another trip data base" default is the only thing that comes up.  
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 8:06 pm

You can download a free APP called "HDFileManager", it is like Windows explorer and a must have Android App. You can use it to unzip and move files.  It like any App has a learning curve.
The simplest way is to unzip on your PC.  Plug your tablet into your PC, your tablet will have a little window that says something like "Turn on USB Storage".  Press this button.
You will now be able to view you tablet just like a memory stick.  Now copy the two files from your PC into the directory below, it may be in main memory or the SD card.
bcnav\data\ WV ATV Trails 2015.bcn

bcnav\data\ WV ATV Trails 2015.bcn-journal

The two default files should already be in here.

If you still have problems PM and I will send you my phone number and I will walk you through the process.

Last edited by BobT on December 15th 2014, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 8:23 pm

Great thanks Bob. I'll give a another try tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 10:13 pm

I believe I got it! Actually my wife did, she's not sure how but she did and it looks great. Thanks BobT
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 10:33 pm

Glad to hear it.  Now you get to do it all over again.  I forgot to mention earlier that I just released a 2015 version.  I have added some Outlaw trails around Gilbert and many trails around War along with the few tweaks of the other trails.  Also added waypoints for gas and food around War.

The link to the 2015 files is below.  Exact same installation as the 2014 version.  If you are not going to ride those areas you won't gain that much.  See if your wife can do it twice.  (that sounds naughty)

BCN 2015 version
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2014, 10:49 pm

Lol, I told her I hope she can figure it out when you update. I might stick with the 14 version until I figure out how to use it.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2014, 5:32 pm

Cale and others who are using BCN, put your tablet in airplane mode since this will make the battery last a lot longer since it won't be searching for connections.  Also, if you want a white background select the Hungary Map under Central Europe.
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 12:05 am

Thanks for the info Bob! If any one else is wanting one of these tablets there's some good deals on eBay right now.

Last edited by Cale on December 18th 2014, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2014, 8:38 am

Thank you so much, Bob, for all your work and for sharing so freely! Using the tablet or my phone with your maps has changed my riding experience!  The Pantechs are perfect for this use!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Sandbuggy

Sandbuggy

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2015, 1:42 am

Ok ive been trying to figure these maps out for a while now and cant figure them out. Can some one help me? Maybe someone could just email me what i need. caricos6@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
wvbill

wvbill

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2015, 11:13 am

Sandbuggy wrote:
Ok ive been trying to figure these maps out for a while now and cant figure them out. Can some one help me? Maybe someone could just email me what i need. caricos6@gmail.com

need a little info before we can help. What kind of gps are you trying to put the maps on? i assume a android tablet? because BCN is an android app? did you get the app installed and running? be sure, like stated above you unzip the files, by using an app or plug the tablet into a computer to transfer the unzipped files.

Last edited by wvbill on February 19th 2015, 11:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2015, 11:15 am

Sandbuggy wrote:

If you click on the link above, it will give you all the instructions to install it on an android device.  If you are trying to install on a garmin, you need the other version.  Bob will chime in, Im sure.  He is awesome to help you out.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2015, 12:09 pm

Matt, I sent you an email.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Sandbuggy

Sandbuggy

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2015, 2:34 pm

I got it Bob. I will try to call you tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sandbuggy

Sandbuggy

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2015, 9:52 pm

Called Bob and he walked me through it. Great guy. Can't wait to use these maps. Hope to see yall on the trail soon.
Back to top Go down
wvbill

wvbill

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2015, 10:20 pm

he does a great job...i love the maps....plus the support is hard to believe...he has his maps on about 10 sites at least....
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 5386
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2015, 12:01 pm

hey bob...would you be interested in making me a couple routes for the spring and fall ride..i know where i wanna go.. would like to have the route in one color so people could follow it better and feel safer about being in the middle of nowhere..i will pay you to do it
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2015, 12:11 pm

James, I would be happy to do so for free.  I already have several that I have made for people.  Just let me know what and where.

bobtitzer@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)   I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have converted all of my maps to BackCountry Navigator (BCN)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3