WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10007
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10010
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10018
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10011
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10030
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10036
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10055
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV SpringRider10057

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3508
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3512
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3524
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3525
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3528
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3572
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3554
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3538
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 100_3534

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 106_6005-vi
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 106_6098-vi
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Dscf1320
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Dscf1321
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Dscf1322
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010004
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010005
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010006
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010008
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010013
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010020
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010021
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010022
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010026
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010030
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010031

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010049

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV NewYears201012-31-09037

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Springride2010032

Latest topics
» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2019, 11:04 am by Timmi

» Apologies
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

» 2018 Spring Ride
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2018, 10:36 am by My 800

» Lodging between HMT Pocahontas and the Warrior trail
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2018, 1:04 am by mikec

» Back to ol henrys to explore trails. 8- 10,11,12
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2018, 8:13 pm by mikec

» Welch area
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 7:16 pm by Rick_308

» Gates on trails
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2018, 3:15 pm by CanAmDude

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Vote_lcapTrails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Voting_barTrails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Vote_lcapTrails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Voting_barTrails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Empty
PostSubject: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 12:16 pm

I noticed some pics. a few guys at the Wal-Mart in Kimball. Are you guys riding the trails behind the Wal-Mart or just riding the road to get there?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 3:33 pm

Did you go behind Mt. View High School? If so, did you go through the gate around back? And did you guys come down by the old Peerless Coal Co building?

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV PeerlessCoalCo1921
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 6:03 pm

Gate is still locked as far as I know I just did the ride in reverse from the way I use to do it but don't go towards the High School.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 6:04 pm

last time we went behind the high school, the gate was locked and we couldnt get around it.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 6:08 pm

Did ya'll go on the other side of 103 at the Pizza Hut?
Back to top Go down
pacman

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 9:19 pm

You can go from Walmart side to Gary threw Powerhouse hollow. Just a few turns FOLLOW GAS LINE...pretty good ride. Gary is a "atv" friendly town! Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 1073670932
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 9:53 pm

thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2011, 10:16 pm

pacman wrote:
You can go from Walmart side to Gary threw Powerhouse hollow. Just a few turns FOLLOW GAS LINE...pretty good ride. Gary is a "atv" friendly town! Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV 1073670932

We have been down to Gary a couple of times. We have been over to War too. Lots of good riding over there. War is not ATV friendly though. Least they were not the day we were looking for gas.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 5:45 am

simoniz wrote:
Did ya'll go on the other side of 103 at the Pizza Hut?

I have not been there since 2003 or 2004
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 7:40 am

There is hours of riding over behind Pizza Hut. Need to stay over there somewhere. Because everytime we head over there. Takes about 2 hours to get over there from the camper and then you run out off time before its time to head back!
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Number of posts : 291
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 5:44 pm

Mark, I got your PM but I do not have enough post on this site to PM you back. That seems like a strange setting, Oh well. I don't post here much since it is a sxs site.

In answer to your PM, I have done a lot of exploring around Anawalt, Gary, War and west of the bowling alley. I have drawn a lot of trails on Google Earth to go explore. The trails that have not been verified have a "?" at the beginning of the name.

A bunch of us went to Matewan this past weekend and rode. Had a guide take us on some very nasty Outlaw Trails.

My latest map can be gotten at the site below.

WV ATV Trails 2.0

Here is a map of a ride we took a few weeks ago. Went down to Anawalt, over to Gary, War and up to Pizza Hut. We took the trail across the road from Pizza Hut. It had not been ridden in a couple of years and some people had trouble with the two steep climbs. This made for a big loop and 110 miles. The day before we rode 130 miles west of the bowling alley.
Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV May14Ride
Back to top Go down
jsisk3248

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 5:56 pm

Theres alot of riding down the davy way to guys,but you need to take plenty of gas you can come all the way around to oceana and bolt
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 6:02 pm

When you went west of the bowling alley. Did you encounter any locked gates?
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 6:18 pm

No, one near the Horse Racers house was closed but not locked.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 6:50 pm

Last time we were over by Horse Racers. All the gates were locked! Ran into some gas line employees. They were on the grumpy side and told us to NOT come back lol...

I have not been to the Anawalt area. Nice trails? How much road?
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 6:52 pm

Bob, When are you headed back up?

BTW, 20 posts and you can PM. They do that because of spamers!!
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 8:38 pm

Bob, you are just 4 posts away. Just post 4 quick replies to this thread and you can pm But the info is nice being out here too. Thanks for all the work you have put in the maps. I am going to try to load the new ones in my GPS this weekend. Are you in town? I had to fight it last time and if you are around I might try to convince you to help me LOL
Back to top Go down
Wingman

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 9:06 pm

Thanks to Bob's maps this trip was probably the best we have had in WV. The gate by the school is still locked. We were there Tuesday after lunch. Now I need a new GPS this one only holds 20 tracks!!!
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 9:43 pm

Daryl, I am available any time to come by and give you a refresher course.

Mark, I will probably not go riding for 3-4 weeks and when I go I want to go back to the Gary-War area. And I agree with you about trailering to Gary-War area. That long ride back is a killer and cuts into your exploring time.

The loop around Anawalt had a few miles of road from WMG Rd & US-52 to the trail we took. We tried to take Black Wolf Mine trail/dirt road over the mountain west but the coal mine had the road closed so we had to take the road to Gary. I think I have found some alternate routes over to War since then. I will let you know when I plan to ride or you can check the TTB forum where we post our rides.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:00 pm

Bob, call me. 336-215-3975.
Back to top Go down
wvprowler

wvprowler

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:05 pm

i got a key that works on the gas well gates !!!!! if anybody wants one just let me know i will get some made !!!! my nephew worked for them and one of my buddies still does so he gives me the new keys when and if they do change them!!!! the gas well gates are the dark green gates
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:09 pm

WV Prowled, see ya soon. Coming up this weekend. Staying at Asland this weekend not at Coops above your place.
Back to top Go down
wvprowler

wvprowler

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:13 pm

im off this weekend and have nothing planed as of right now so come on by
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:14 pm

Bob, I am having trouble opening two maps at once in mapsource. I remember there was a trick to it but I don't remember what it was LOL. I have the WV topo and your 2.0 but I can't get them both on the map. Any pointers?
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:28 pm

Daryl, the link below will take to a site where you can download a Garmin Video on how to install maps into your GPSr.

Install Maps Video

This link will take you to instructions on how to install the maps into your GPSr
How to load maps

The trick is to use the map tool and highlight my map, and then the left pane will have 1 in the maps window. Then go to the drop down box in the top left corner and highlight the WV Topo map, then use the map tool to click on the sections of the topo you want to install onto your GPSr. The map pane will now have a number equal to the sections you clicked on.

My map only has one image to click on, the topo has several and I just click on the ones where we ride.

You then click on the icon at the top for uploading to the GPSr. The maps that you have clicked on to install will be combined into a file called "gmapsupp.img" that will be installed on your GPSr. You can only have one of these files at a time and it will replace the one that is on their now. If you want you can use Windows Explore, your GPSr will show up like a thumb drive, and make a copy of the file for a backup. If you did not want the map on Mapsource I could distribute the "gmapsupp.img" file and you could just copy it onto your GPSr. I have probably made this sound complicated but really it is not.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:47 pm

Bob, I appreciate the post. I think I have it now. I remembered that I could only load one map at a time however I uploaded your map then went and chose which topo maps to load and sent them to the GPS (60csx) and they all seem to be on there. I can see topo lines and I can see all your maps on top of them. Not sure what or how I did it but it seems to be working!
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 10:54 pm

One more question Bob, do you have this in a image that can be printed on paper, a good old fashion map LOL?
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 11:02 pm

I have not found any good way to print it. Before we go exploring I print blown up sections from Mapsource and laminate them. It helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2011, 11:08 pm

BobT wrote:
I have not found any good way to print it. Before we go exploring I print blown up sections from Mapsource and laminate them. It helps a lot.

I will do that, thanks again for all the help! Oh and put one more post in here and you can PM LOL

We did that because people would sign on and spam other members. Putting a limit on posts before you can PM fixed that problem.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2011, 7:06 am

Bob, give me a shout this week.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV   Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trails behind the Wal-Mart in Kimball WV
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next