WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10007
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10010
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10018
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10011
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10030
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10036
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10055
How are the China clones holding up? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
How are the China clones holding up? SpringRider10057

How are the China clones holding up? 100_3508
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3512
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3524
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3525
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3528
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3572
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3554
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3538
How are the China clones holding up? 100_3534

How are the China clones holding up? 106_6005-vi
How are the China clones holding up? 106_6098-vi
How are the China clones holding up? Dscf1320
How are the China clones holding up? Dscf1321
How are the China clones holding up? Dscf1322
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010004
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010005
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010006
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010008
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010013
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010020
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010021
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010022
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010026
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010030
How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010031

How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010049

How are the China clones holding up? NewYears201012-31-09037

How are the China clones holding up? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
How are the China clones holding up? Vote_lcapHow are the China clones holding up? Voting_barHow are the China clones holding up? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
How are the China clones holding up? Vote_lcapHow are the China clones holding up? Voting_barHow are the China clones holding up? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How are the China clones holding up?

Go down 
+4
Hump
neuromax
rayray
john11139
8 posters
AuthorMessage
john11139

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-12-18

How are the China clones holding up? Empty
PostSubject: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 11:13 am

Would like to know how the China clones are holding up. Any one who has one how do you like it?. Was talking to one fellow who said they told him that it took the same parts as the Rhino. He ordered a $200 windshield for a Rhino and no way could he make it fit. Was at a UTV store the other day. They had a new Rhino and next to it had one called a Komoco. I think it was made in Korea. Didnt look too bad. But I couldnt see any thing much from the Rhino that would fit on it.
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

Number of posts : 6335
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 12:10 pm

We had a guy in our group that had a rhino clone and he said that it held up pretty good. We were in Tenn. this year and with two riders in it. it struggled to get up some not so steep hills. It was a 500 but a 450 rhino was with us and it never even slowed down on the same hills.

I have heard of some really bad complaints about the clones but hey...there are problems with all utv's. I think parts beeing available is the biggest problem.

In my honest opinion...I think you get what you pay for. Any name brand utv is the only way to go. Now in time I think these clones will step up with more reliable vehicles especially if they want to compete with todays market.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 12:40 pm

My opinion is to buy a used Rhino for the price of a new clone......maybe cheaper and you can't go wrong. There is some truth to you get what you pay for with knock offs. Some may get lucky but its a chance you have to be willing to take.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 1:22 pm

The way a sxs eats parts, I think you would be better off to buy a dirt cheap used one with known problems and fix it if you want to save money.

The whole thing is accessories and replacement parts availability. You have to be able to get parts fast and easy for any sxs, because you will be buying some.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 2:24 pm

neuromax wrote:
My opinion is to buy a used Rhino for the price of a new clone......maybe cheaper and you can't go wrong. There is some truth to you get what you pay for with knock offs. Some may get lucky but its a chance you have to be willing to take.

How are the China clones holding up? 232217 Plus it's always easier to sell a name brand when you go to sell it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 2:44 pm

I'm with neuromax.
Back to top Go down
pit dog

pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 2:49 pm

the discovery 800 is getting good reviews and are going to have parts. don't know myself I would go with a used name brand.
Back to top Go down
john11139

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 10:28 pm

pit dog wrote:
the discovery 800 is getting good reviews and are going to have parts. don't know myself I would go with a used name brand.
I think the Discovery is sold under different names, Bennche, Big Muddy. About three years ago I was trying to make the same decision. I had about $6500 to spend. The big 4 (new ones) was out of the question. I had looked at a couple of the clones. Just felt uncomfortable. Especially if I broke down out west. I finally found a 2007 650 Artic cat prowler. It had been taken catre of very well, looked like new but had around 3000 miles on it. I bought it off E-Bay sight unseen, (just taking his word) The transaction went ok. I got it for $6000. I had no complaints with it other than when out west above 11,000 ft, it lost power and by being carboratered, didnt run too good. I happen to be searching the Craigs list about a month ago. The questions started comming up again about the Hi-sun, (I think they make all of 800 twin cyls. ones, fuel injected) Some liked them, some didnt, but still the parts situation. Around $8000. Was tempting. I found a 2010 700 Artic Cat in New Hampshure. $7500. 1100 miles on it. I decided to go that route again. I placed a ad in Craigs list for the 2007. I got $6200 out of it and drove it for almost 3 years. That is one thing in favor of the big 4. I was just courious if any one who pruchased one of the China clones would do it again?
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 10:26 am

I looked at a lot of them...I didn't like the ouailty of the welds or the thiness of the metal
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 1:00 am

The rhino clone I saw looked pretty good. I would be willing to give it a try. I would be on the fence on all the rest.
Back to top Go down
RHarrah

RHarrah

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 1:51 am

I bought a new clone quad. Was told that Yamaha parts would work on it.

I never did get the thing to run correctly & none of the repair shops around here would even look at it.

I would never buy another clone!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are the China clones holding up?   How are the China clones holding up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are the China clones holding up?
Page 1 of 1