WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10007
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10010
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10018
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10011
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10030
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10036
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10055
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? SpringRider10057

big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3508
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3512
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3524
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3525
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3528
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3572
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3554
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3538
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 100_3534

big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 106_6005-vi
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 106_6098-vi
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Dscf1320
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Dscf1321
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Dscf1322
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010004
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010005
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010006
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010008
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010013
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010020
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010021
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010022
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010026
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010030
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010031

big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010049

big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? NewYears201012-31-09037

big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 61 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 61 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Vote_lcapbig horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Voting_barbig horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Vote_lcapbig horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Voting_barbig horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

big horn tire reviews what do you think??

Go down 
+10
pit dog
wacker
big g
Jet
Thunter
shawn
Tiger Rag
Steve K
punder
killlerskunk
14 posters
AuthorMessage
killlerskunk

killlerskunk

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2011-10-13

big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Empty
PostSubject: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 6:19 pm

How do you guys running the Big Horns think about the tires ???

I have ran up on a sweet deal for a new set of 26" big horns and new LE wheels

I need some feedback from you guys running these.

Anyone compared them to terra cross tires???

Thanks, Craig
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 6:24 pm

I love them! They last long and do awesome for riding in wv.

They are like a soar Peter, ya can't beat it.
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 7:11 pm

12" big horns yes , I have not had good luck with rocks and 14" ... You really have to stay on top of tire pressure with 14" wheels ...
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 7:31 pm

Are those tire/wheels off an RZR S?? If so, the right rear will hit motor mount, even with 1.5 wheel spacer. What size are they?

As far as bighorn goes, that is the only tire I will run. They are great tires!
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:16 pm

I had no issues with my 14" Bighorns on beadlock wheeels on my Rhino.....but I have heard that 12" were better.

As far as comparing Bighorns to Terra Cross's. I've had both. I like the Terra Cross's performance and bite/grip better but the Bighorns look better and last a lot longer. I switched from Terra Cross's to Big Horns on my Rhino. I think there is a newer longer last Terra Cross but I don't think you can go wrong with the Big Horns. Too many sets out there on the trail to not acknowledge them as an excellent tire. I have them on my XP and they hook up great on the XP. Probably more suspension and center of gravity but great on the RZR best I can tell. Now the 2.0's are a different animal.....lighter and not nearly as tough. Easy to tear a side wall down on them. I suspect the 2.0's would be great on an ATV though.
Back to top Go down
killlerskunk

killlerskunk

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:17 pm

26" tires 12"wheels off 2012the xp.

Will they rub. With 1.5 spacers
Back to top Go down
killlerskunk

killlerskunk

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:19 pm

What comes stock on RZR
Regular big horn
Or
Big horn 2.0

Craig
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:43 pm

I have had both ---- I am kinda partial to the Big Horns
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
Steve K

Steve K

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 8:55 pm

killlerskunk wrote:
26" tires 12"wheels off 2012the xp.

Will they rub. With 1.5 spacers

I had a 09 LE RZR with 1.5 spacers and bought a set of tires/wheels off an S and they wouldnt fit. It would take like a 4 inch spacer to work.....which aint happening.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 9:17 pm

killlerskunk wrote:
What comes stock on RZR
Regular big horn
Or
Big horn 2.0

Craig

Regular Bighorns.

Bighorn 2.0's come on the Commander.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 9:18 pm

The Bighorn is a pretty good all around tire. The best part about them is they last forever. There are tires that get alot better traction. The worst part about Bighorns is they allow some lateral slide. If you get a steep, off camber, slick hill they can make you pucker real quick. I have never run the Terra cross to compare. I'm running Pitbull Rockers now and in my opinion the Bighorns aren't half as good as the Pitbulls.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

Number of posts : 4150
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 9:40 pm

i have the bighorn (came on the S) with ITP beadlock rims. my next set of tires will be Interco Reptiles. My son runs them on his Grizzly and they clean mud out great.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 10:42 pm

Thunter wrote:
The Bighorn is a pretty good all around tire. The best part about them is they last forever. There are tires that get alot better traction. The worst part about Bighorns is they allow some lateral slide. If you get a steep, off camber, slick hill they can make you pucker real quick. I have never run the Terra cross to compare.

I agree with that. That was the first thing I noticed when I put them on my Rhino is that they push in a turn. I mostly ran in 4wd in the Rhino on sloppy and pucker factor trails so I wouldn't slide off them. Terra Cross bite much better but again, don't last half as long.

I really don't notice the push in the XP. As I said before, probably weight distribution and CG.
Back to top Go down
killlerskunk

killlerskunk

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 10:52 pm

Well for now im passing on horns
I have new terra cross and they bite well.
May try horns after I wear these out
Back to top Go down
killlerskunk

killlerskunk

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 11:01 pm

Main resin for interstate is its a wheel tire pkg at a deal and I would like to try 12"wheels
To see if it improved the ride any.

Thanks for all the input.
Back to top Go down
big g

big g

Number of posts : 3689
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2012, 11:04 pm

I THINK THE BIG HORN TIRE IS A GREAT ALL AROUND TIRE FOR THE RIDING WE DO IN WVA
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2012, 4:49 pm

Good choice for mileage ~ We love them...

Got three set's...

(2 sets) 25"-12
(over 8000 miles-HondaForeman450S)
just to the wear indicator "thingy"
(6000 miles on a Yamaha Grizzly 700)

(1 set) 26"-14 on RZR-2700 miles

We rotate every 500-600 miles

Good Luck big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 722106 Ride Baby Ride! Miles & Miles & Miles!
Back to top Go down
pit dog

pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2012, 6:45 pm

Old boy has 27 bh with a 2 in emp lift kit no rub. There are a lot better tires I have PB growlers love them. Knobs don' chip and cut like the rockers. But if the price is right bh are good.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Finzup

Number of posts : 2037
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 12:00 am

Reg. Bighorn grip is great, 14" sidewall puncture experience is not. Ruined three rear tires before going to 8 ply GBC Dirt Commanders.
Back to top Go down
commando64

commando64

Number of posts : 2063
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 12:16 am

love mine so far!!!
Back to top Go down
bcfatvs

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 1:59 am

I've had 5 sets of aftermarket tires and must say the Big Horns are by far the best for riding in West Va. Now your not going to tear up a 5 ft deep mudhole with them, but for everything else, they are great. I believe anything with a non-directional tread pattern thats similar to a Big Horn or Terracross is ideal for West Va riding. I got some ITP BajaCross on my RZR now. They do really well in rocks, but they are 8 ply and ride a little bit on the stiff side compared to Big Horns. You got to run low psi on those (Bajacross)
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 11:09 am

Finzup wrote:
Reg. Bighorn grip is great, 14" sidewall puncture experience is not. Ruined three rear tires before going to 8 ply GBC Dirt Commanders.

2.0's though, correct? Big difference between them and regular bighorns.
Back to top Go down
bcfatvs

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 11:29 am

I have a set of 26" Big Horn 2.0s on some 14" rims. I got around 2 to 4 plugs in each tire. They do ride good, but I would stick with the BH originals on 12" rims.
Back to top Go down
bigben129

bigben129

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2011-02-09

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2012, 1:52 pm

I THINK I AM GONNA TRY TO GET A SET OF GBC DIRT TAMERS WHICH ARE BIGHORN KNOCKOFFS

I DID THE PRICE COMPARISON AND EVEN IF I BUST OUT A TIRE AND CANT FIX OR PLUG IT, I CAN BUY 5 ALMOST 6 GBC'S FOR THE PRICE OF 4 BIGHORNS

UNLESS SOMEONE KNOWS OF A BETTER DEAL lolbig horn tire reviews   what do you think?? 922754
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: big horn tire reviews what do you think??   big horn tire reviews   what do you think?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

big horn tire reviews what do you think??
Page 1 of 1