WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10007
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10010
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10018
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10011
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10030
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10036
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10055
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! SpringRider10057

Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3508
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3512
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3524
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3525
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3528
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3572
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3554
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3538
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 100_3534

Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 106_6005-vi
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 106_6098-vi
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Dscf1320
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Dscf1321
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Dscf1322
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010004
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010005
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010006
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010008
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010013
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010020
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010021
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010022
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010026
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010030
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010031

Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010049

Took it to HMT.....had a scare! NewYears201012-31-09037

Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Vote_lcapTook it to HMT.....had a scare! Voting_barTook it to HMT.....had a scare! Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Vote_lcapTook it to HMT.....had a scare! Voting_barTook it to HMT.....had a scare! Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Took it to HMT.....had a scare!

Go down 
+7
bubba53
shawn
Rick S
Bobby D
T Wood
groundhog
pit dog
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Empty
PostSubject: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 9:49 pm

Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 9440983774_aa7c913d8a" />

Took it out to the Pocahontas trail system and I guess we (me and the wife) were about 4 miles into the trail right in front of a cemetery and it went dead! There was no power going to the dash at all! Holy "S", this is why you don't ride alone! After checking the battery connection and everything else I could think of I resorted to Google! Google said it might be a blown fuse so I located the fuse box and checked all of the fuses.....all good! As I was finishing unplugging and checking every fuse my wife turned the key and we had power! I can only assume there was a loose fuse! We ended up putting in about 30 miles with no other issues!
Back to top Go down
pit dog

pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 9:51 pm

I thank ground hag had a issue check with him. Glad you got it running.
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:12 pm

There is a 30 amp fuse, first one under the seat, that if you pull will cut of all power.  Good one to pull if you are worrying about someone stealing it.. It must have lost the ground and you reconnected it by checking.  So carry extra fuses.  Also check this post.  https://wvsxsriders.forumotion.com/t10283-new-wildcat-died-on-me..You need fender flares, check with Andy..I can't walk very far so I never ride alone.. What about you and your wife??  Pocahontas is wet right now=fun.
Back to top Go down
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:19 pm

Glad You got it going. When I get a new machine I like to put a little dielectric grease in all the connections. Then you are waterproofing them and you know that they all have a good connection.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:21 pm

groundhog wrote:
There is a 30 amp fuse, first one under the seat, that if you pull will cut of all power.  Good one to pull if you are worrying about someone stealing it.. It must have lost the ground and you reconnected it by checking.  So carry extra fuses.  Also check this post.  https://wvsxsriders.forumotion.com/t10283-new-wildcat-died-on-me..You need fender flares, check with Andy..I can't walk very far so I never ride alone.. What about you and your wife??  Pocahontas is wet right now=fun.

I had seen that post and when it died that is the first place I looked! Everything there was nice and clean so I went on to other things. And fuses are now on my list of stuff I need to get before my next trip out. I will be calling Andy tomorrow about fender flares. Pocahontas was a bit on the moist side...especially #10 on the way back to the trail head.  There was one hole I really had seconds thoughts about but the WC went right on through it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:23 pm

T Wood wrote:
Glad You got it going. When I get a new machine I like to put a little dielectric grease in all the connections. Then you are waterproofing them and you know that they all have a good connection.

I looked for that stuff in Lowe's last week to take care of those connections in the rear but could not find it! I am sure it can't be to hard to find elsewhere!
Back to top Go down
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:24 pm

I bought mine from Advance Auto.
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:44 pm

Let\'s Ride
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:51 pm

T Wood wrote:
I bought mine from Advance Auto.

Thanks, will head there tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:56 pm

Yea I always say shit happens  lol!   I use to ride alone all the time about 12 years ago when I first started riding there and never thought twice about it and I did not know the trails like I do now Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 459534 and there were no H/M trails they were all Outlaw trails.That is why I made this site so I will all ways have people to ride with and West Va being so close it's the only place I'm riding as it cost enough to do trips to Matoaka or Bramwell,Ashland etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 10:58 pm

So how did you like your first ride in the Wildcat I'm sure you loved the smooth ride and everything except for the mud flying all over you Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 550457 But RZR's are bad too unless you do some changes.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 11:10 pm

After today, and getting off lucky, I will make sure I am riding with someone from now on. It was kind of unsettling being out there with a machine that was doing NOTHING. The only saving grace was that I could hear others riding all around me. Right after I got it started and was putting my tools away a guy on a Commander (also riding alone) stopped and asked if everything was OK. 

As far as the ride goes, I love the suspension but the only thing I can compare it to is a Rzr 570. It's great going over bumps and not really feeling them. The brakes need some help, not enough braking power for a machine that heavy. I was amazed at the way it went through some of the mud I found! There was one hole I had no business in being out there alone but it just kept digging!  Just ordered mirrors (hate not seeing behind me) and will call about flares tomorrow and possibly an additional cooler rack. Overall it was a fun day and I added to the list of stuff I need to carry!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2013, 11:21 pm

BadOleRoss wrote:
After today, and getting off lucky, I will make sure I am riding with someone from now on. It was kind of unsettling being out there with a machine that was doing NOTHING. The only saving grace was that I could hear others riding all around me. Right after I got it started and was putting my tools away a guy on a Commander (also riding alone) stopped and asked if everything was OK. 

As far as the ride goes, I love the suspension but the only thing I can compare it to is a Rzr 570. It's great going over bumps and not really feeling them. The brakes need some help, not enough braking power for a machine that heavy. I was amazed at the way it went through some of the mud I found! There was one hole I had no business in being out there alone but it just kept digging!  Just ordered mirrors (hate not seeing behind me) and will call about flares tomorrow and possibly an additional cooler rack. Overall it was a fun day and I added to the list of stuff I need to carry!

Always Mo Money    Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 514110  credit card  Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 214993 Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 568845
Back to top Go down
Rick S

Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 12:24 am

i luv my wildcat can't beat the ride hands down the best dynwim
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 7:27 am

Glad things went from bad to good for ya Ross.
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 7:36 am

Them wildcats are  Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 231577
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 8:05 am

BadOleRoss wrote:

As far as the ride goes, I love the suspension but the only thing I can compare it to is a Rzr 570. It's great going over bumps and not really feeling them. The brakes need some help, not enough braking power for a machine that heavy.

That's interesting because I have the 570 now. The only issue I have with it is the suspension, it just is too little travel to be a very good ride. So what could be done to help the wildcat brakes? Better pads, maybe?
Factory pads aren't the best. Does the engine braking help at all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
groundhog

groundhog

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 8:29 am

Convert to wildcat four front brakes.  Bigger. I am ordering parts today..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 8:38 am

Timmi wrote:
BadOleRoss wrote:

As far as the ride goes, I love the suspension but the only thing I can compare it to is a Rzr 570. It's great going over bumps and not really feeling them. The brakes need some help, not enough braking power for a machine that heavy.

That's interesting because I have the 570 now. The only issue I have with it is the suspension, it just is too little travel to be a very good ride. So what could be done to help the wildcat brakes? Better pads, maybe?
Factory pads aren't the best. Does the engine braking help at all?

The engine braking helps but there is still work to be done. Another small issue that didn't really come in to play when I was out was the turning radius on the WC.....I think it's about 100'. Anyway, there is a kit MLS puts out that replaces the steering knuckles to improve the turning radius and also replaces the front brake pads/calipers to give you better braking. The kit is about $700 I think but it's something I may look at in the future.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 9:53 am

Bobby D wrote:
So how did you like your first ride in the Wildcat I'm sure you loved the smooth ride and everything except for the mud flying all over you Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 550457 But RZR's are bad too unless you do some changes.

sounds like he had some technical issues.  Hate to hear of it happening. Hope it never happens again.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 11:49 am

I know the brakes aren't the best & the turning radius is bad but it don't bother me enough to spend the 600.00+ dollars.I don't notice the brakes that much it stops when I mash them lol! 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 4:00 pm

It's one of those things I will do after I get everything else done! It seems like every time I think I am about done I find a way to drop another thousand dollars!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 4:04 pm

BadOleRoss wrote:
It's one of those things I will do after I get everything else done! It seems like every time I think I am about done I find a way to drop another thousand dollars!

yea I feel the same way. Wired thing is I dont fear the process of buying a machine as much as I do getting all the accessories ordered for it. The list always seems to keep growing and growing. credit card credit card credit card Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 214993 Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 214993 Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 214993 Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 335288 Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 335288 Took it to HMT.....had a scare! 335288
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 8:32 pm

Bobby don't care about brakes because he's always in front. lol!  I have had to go in the passing lane a couple times.  I ordered the kit from MLS power Sports today.  Should be in Thursday.  Improved turning radius and brakes.  Will see..
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2013, 9:22 pm

He needs to be in front for camera placement!  He sure to share you experiences with the MLS kit! I installed my under hood winch today. The winch came with steel cable and I hate the rollers on the front end.  Ordered synthetic line and a hawse fairlead.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 7:49 am

groundhog wrote:
Bobby don't care about brakes because he's always in front. lol!  I have had to go in the passing lane a couple times.  I ordered the kit from MLS power Sports today.  Should be in Thursday.  Improved turning radius and brakes.  Will see..

Yea, I'll be interested in what you got to say about that,too. I knew turning radius was a concern, but this is the first I've heard about the brakes not being all that great.
Back to top Go down
Bocephus

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 8:20 am

Let\'s Ride  

Glad you liking your Wild Kitty Ross !! Come ride with Wildcat1 (Andy) and me sometime soon brother !!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 8:31 am

Bocephus wrote:
Let\'s Ride  

Glad you liking your Wild Kitty Ross !! Come ride with Wildcat1 (Andy) and me sometime soon brother !!

I am watching the posts to see when the latest rides are to make as many as possible. It's a 3+ hours drive to get to the closest HMT so I need to plan these things out just a little.
Back to top Go down
Big J

Big J

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2013-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 5:29 pm

Glad you like your Wildcat. Love mine. get hold of
 Wildcat1. we have some of the best riding right at
our back door.
Let\'s Ride
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2013, 5:55 pm

So Andy is the one that got the wildcat binge rolling huh? Seems he oughta be getting commission from A/C!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took it to HMT.....had a scare!   Took it to HMT.....had a scare! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Took it to HMT.....had a scare!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM :: SxS Garage :: Arctic Cat Wildcat-
Jump to: