WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10007
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10010
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10018
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10011
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10030
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10036
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10055
What are you doing about the squeaks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
What are you doing about the squeaks? SpringRider10057

What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3508
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3512
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3524
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3525
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3528
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3572
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3554
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3538
What are you doing about the squeaks? 100_3534

What are you doing about the squeaks? 106_6005-vi
What are you doing about the squeaks? 106_6098-vi
What are you doing about the squeaks? Dscf1320
What are you doing about the squeaks? Dscf1321
What are you doing about the squeaks? Dscf1322
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010004
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010005
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010006
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010008
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010013
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010020
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010021
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010022
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010026
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010030
What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010031

What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010049

What are you doing about the squeaks? NewYears201012-31-09037

What are you doing about the squeaks? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 87 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
What are you doing about the squeaks? Vote_lcapWhat are you doing about the squeaks? Voting_barWhat are you doing about the squeaks? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
What are you doing about the squeaks? Vote_lcapWhat are you doing about the squeaks? Voting_barWhat are you doing about the squeaks? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What are you doing about the squeaks?

Go down 
+2
Timmi
Rick S
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

What are you doing about the squeaks? Empty
PostSubject: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 6:22 pm

I don't have my WC sitting here with me because I had to drop it off and the dealer but while I was dropping it off I noticed that it had developed a squeak or two. I don't recall seeing any zerk fittings on it while I have been working on it. If this is the case, what is anyone doing about applying grease and eliminating any squeaks?
Back to top Go down
Rick S

Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 8:30 pm

Could use Ph blaster on whatever is sqeaking I guess
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 9:05 pm

no grease zerks at all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 9:41 pm

I usually grease everything and hose all suspension with wd 40 after a ride. Maybe that will help. Hate your having all these issues
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 9:49 pm

Really not a big issue and I am taking everything in stride! I love the machine and what to maintain it properly.  I really don't recall seeing any zerk fittings....kinda strange on a machine like this!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 9:56 pm

Look around those bushings real good. Maybe one of the other owners will chime in. I meant to add to my other post that I pressure wash really good, let it dry, then wd 40 it all. I also grease the fittings too.  You may get squeaks from shock bushings. I do a lot of maintainence so this may be overboard but I pull my shocks off after every other ride. I clean the shock bushings by hand, grease them, then put them back on. Doing that has kept all of my previous machines quiet as a Cadillac plus it makes sure the travel will travel free and smooth.
Back to top Go down
DLB

DLB

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 10:08 pm

No grease zerks on my T4 either. At least none that I've found. Drill and tap all the suspension components that having bushings. That's what I did with my Brute Force and the ASR bushings I used to replace the OEM junk held up great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/elkriveroffroad
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 10:35 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Look around those bushings real good. Maybe one of the other owners will chime in. I meant to add to my other post that I pressure wash really good, let it dry, then wd 40 it all. I also grease the fittings too.  You may get squeaks from shock bushings. I do a lot of maintainence so this may be overboard but I pull my shocks off after every other ride. I clean the shock bushings by hand, grease them, then put them back on. Doing that has kept all of my previous machines quiet as a Cadillac plus it makes sure the travel will travel free and smooth.
I think that a great idea. When I get it back I will have to investigate where the squeak is coming from!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2013, 10:38 pm

DLB wrote:
No grease zerks on my T4 either. At least none that I've found. Drill and tap all the suspension components that having bushings. That's what I did with my Brute Force and the ASR bushings I used to replace the OEM junk held up great.
 I that thought about that but first will need to find the soured of my squeak. I normally WD40 everything as well but I missed it this time being sidetracked by the electrical stuff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 12:29 am

Grease fittings hmmmm. add grease collect dirt! collect dirt and wear bushings especially if they are plastic like came in the rzr's     cats have bronze bushings in the a -arms and swing arms with a tight fit sleeve and bolt. It may be your sway bar on the rear, I recomend spray graphite, not a oil based spray,it collects dust and dirt,then you have wear
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 4:45 am

Mine has squeaked a couple of times but I just spray the all of the joints with lubricant and it goes away.I think it is from the sway bar like Andy mentioned
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 7:49 am

Sounds good to me. As soon as I get it back I will spray the thing down with WD40 paying particular attention to the joints and see what happens. Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 10:01 am

I would use a graphite spray.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 10:27 am

I agree with Andy. The graphite will not cause dirt to stick like a petroleum product. Even with bronze bushings, I would want grease fittings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2013, 10:36 am

OK on the graphite spray!
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 9:05 am

Another option which I'm using.  Use it on joints with rubber cups.  Slides under the cup, pump it full.  Ebay or amazon.

What are you doing about the squeaks? Img_2012

Use marine grease.  See this.  http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/5558-doctor.html

What are you doing about the squeaks? Img_2013
Back to top Go down
Ron(09rzr)

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 11:45 am

squeaks...........turn the radio louder crack another budlite and keep on rolling...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 1:44 pm

groundhog wrote:
Another option which I'm using.  Use it on joints with rubber cups.  Slides under the cup, pump it full.  Ebay or amazon.

What are you doing about the squeaks? Img_2012

Use marine grease.  See this.  http://www.wildcatforums.net/forum/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/5558-doctor.html

What are you doing about the squeaks? Img_2013
I did see this and if I get any squeaks out of that area I will inject the area with grease.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 1:45 pm

09rzr wrote:
squeaks...........turn the radio louder crack another budlite and keep on rolling...
I am sure this is effective but I have a feeling, in the long run, it might be just a little counter productive!
Back to top Go down
Ron(09rzr)

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 3:24 pm

lol been workin for the most part
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 3:38 pm

09rzr wrote:
lol been workin for the most part
I bet you carry a lot of duct tape don't you! So when you want to fix something right the first time!lol!
Back to top Go down
Ron(09rzr)

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 5:13 pm

lol...ask bubba...i have gotten pretty good at trail side repairs...and....i think the broken axle might of had duct tape....lolnope nevermind it was zip ties....actually as far as bushings and everything go i have had really good luck...i dont ever grease them unless i have a wheeel off i will pull everything apart a-arms n what not..hit bushings with brakeclean while they are out to clean everything real good n grease the daylights outta it  going back together..
Back to top Go down
Ron(09rzr)

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 5:14 pm

other than that everytime i get done riding i clean everything back to spotless...and coat everything with seafoam deepcreep....stuff works circles around pb blaster..
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 5:26 pm

I was there when Bubba's shock spring fell off his rzr and 09rzr's crew was there to help.  Good folks to have around when something happens.   thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 5:41 pm

Sea foam deep creep....I will take a look at that! Being able to do trail side repairs is an art
Back to top Go down
Ron(09rzr)

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 7:45 pm

sometimes it aint necessarily repairing something along a trail..it is making it get you off the trail to fix right..lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 8:29 pm

My last time out involved a tow rope to get me off the trail! Not quite the outing I was hoping for.
Back to top Go down
Ron(09rzr)

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2013, 10:14 pm

yea that dont make for a good day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing about the squeaks?   What are you doing about the squeaks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you doing about the squeaks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM :: SxS Garage :: Arctic Cat Wildcat-
Jump to: