WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10007
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10010
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10018
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10011
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10030
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10036
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10055
RZR idles low and then cuts off 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
RZR idles low and then cuts off SpringRider10057

RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3508
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3512
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3524
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3525
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3528
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3572
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3554
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3538
RZR idles low and then cuts off 100_3534

RZR idles low and then cuts off 106_6005-vi
RZR idles low and then cuts off 106_6098-vi
RZR idles low and then cuts off Dscf1320
RZR idles low and then cuts off Dscf1321
RZR idles low and then cuts off Dscf1322
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010004
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010005
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010006
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010008
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010013
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010020
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010021
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010022
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010026
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010030
RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010031

RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010049

RZR idles low and then cuts off NewYears201012-31-09037

RZR idles low and then cuts off Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
RZR idles low and then cuts off Vote_lcapRZR idles low and then cuts off Voting_barRZR idles low and then cuts off Vote_rcap 
bubba53
RZR idles low and then cuts off Vote_lcapRZR idles low and then cuts off Voting_barRZR idles low and then cuts off Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RZR idles low and then cuts off

Go down 
+12
shawn
nchillbilly
clayb
Bobby D
Jeff M
bubba53
chappy
neuromax
Hump
GETERDUN
punder
Steve K
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve K

Steve K

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-04-21

RZR idles low and then cuts off Empty
PostSubject: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 5:53 pm

Anyone have this issue before? We rode about 80 miles total in 2 days and the first 20 everything was fine and then I notice it was idling a lil lower than usual, around 900rpm. It started idling lower and lower until it wound just cut off. I would have to start it in drive with foot on the brake and other foot on gas. Going down hill it would just die and I would coast all the way down.

I did fill the tank up at a gas station and used the same gas from gas can the next day. So not sure if it could be gas or not.

This morning it still did the same thing when loading up but when I get home and unloaded it ran fine. STRANGE!!

scratch
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 6:25 pm

Elevation can do strange things to machines . Could be you air sensor is dirty , filter dirty , oxygenated fuel , streaching throttle cable , cloged vent on Gas tank .....
Back to top Go down
GETERDUN

GETERDUN

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 9:32 pm

Steve What filter are you running? Mine did that way back when I had a K&N filter. I think Bobby's did that also.............DFR CLEAN AIR..............
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 10:05 pm

check boot clamps from air box to intake make sure boots are on good
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2010, 10:05 pm

UNI filter is what I am running. This is what Jeff had in there and it is clean.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 1:58 am

A rich or lean condition could cause that. Make sure you don't have an intake leak somewhere like Mason said. Also, make sure your air filter is not clogged. Look at the spark plugs too.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 11:45 am

I would contact the guy I bought it from and ask for a full refund plus expenses or see if he was willing to trad his new ride as an even swap ROFL
Back to top Go down
chappy

chappy

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 12:48 pm

neuromax wrote:
I would contact the guy I bought it from and ask for a full refund plus expenses or see if he was willing to trad his new ride as an even swap ROFL

LMAO After seeing what he "accidently" did to the big Ranger over there on the edge of the Pineville H/M trails last Fall, I can't take ANY responsibility for this machine since he bought it back in November good luck

Actually, a buddy used to have an 800 Sportsman and used to have to clean out the throttle body every now and then. The Uni was cleaned just before you got it from me, so that shouldn't be a problem and the lid on the airbox won't even close if that isn't super tight.

I'll see what Stuart thinks. He runs the Service Dept.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 4:58 pm

Steve K wrote:
Anyone have this issue before? We rode about 80 miles total in 2 days and the first 20 everything was fine and then I notice it was idling a lil lower than usual, around 900rpm. It started idling lower and lower until it wound just cut off. I would have to start it in drive with foot on the brake and other foot on gas. Going down hill it would just die and I would coast all the way down.

I did fill the tank up at a gas station and used the same gas from gas can the next day. So not sure if it could be gas or not.

This morning it still did the same thing when loading up but when I get home and unloaded it ran fine. STRANGE!!

scratch
I think you got some bad gas
Back to top Go down
chappy

chappy

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 5:13 pm

Maybe drain it and throw some new gas in there with some sta-bil or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 6:07 pm

neuromax wrote:

Yeap, I think an even trade will make it run better!! LMAO
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 6:09 pm

bubba53 wrote:
Steve K wrote:

scratch

I thought about bad gas also but rode it around the hood last night and it ran perfect!!! RZR idles low and then cuts off 288578
Back to top Go down
Jeff M

Jeff M

Number of posts : 1777
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2010, 7:33 pm

Steve mine ran like that low RPM's and it would spit and sputter and cut off it didn't want to go and it ended up being a bad ground. I cleaned the ground wires on the frame under the drivers seat and the wires going to the soilnoid behind the drivers seat and have not had that problem since, you might want to try that I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 9:16 pm

Here is what the guys at PE said it might be:

My "guess" You got a fuel pump going bad. It will slowly start to go, I know some people who have rode for almost a year with similar symptoms and the fuel pump fixed everything. I would suggest getting that taken care of! What I have found out and it may be good to start a post about this but those fuel pumps are getting hot when people are running there tanks low. Most of the problems I have seen are from "trail" guys who ride long distances. You know how everyone always waits to fill up their tanks once they are empty. Polaris Techs said that having fuel in the tanks help keep the fuel pumps cool When you run them on a half a tank to empty then it allows the pump to get real hot and eventually they fail. Not many people know about this but anyone with fuel problems or issues with spitting and sputtering then this is the first thing I will check. Also if people feel like they are losing power on their RZR then this is what I would check as well.

Last edited by Steve K on April 8th 2010, 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 9:20 pm

Steve K wrote:
bubba53 wrote:
Steve K wrote:

scratch

I thought about bad gas also but rode it around the hood last night and it ran perfect!!! RZR idles low and then cuts off 288578
I meant water in the gas
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2010, 9:26 pm

Steve K wrote:

scratch
next time that happens, pour 8oz of rubbing alcohol in your gas tank.
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 8:28 pm

FY I removed the UNI and put stock paper filter in and I dont have the problem anymore. Applause
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 9:15 pm

Steve K wrote:
FY I removed the UNI and put stock paper filter in and I dont have the problem anymore. Applause

Congrats Razor
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Steve K

Steve K

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 9:21 pm

I wished I would have put the paper filter in on Thursday's ride, that would have save me from RZR idles low and then cuts off 911262 in my pants!! LMAO
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 9:25 pm

Steve K wrote:
I wished I would have put the paper filter in on Thursday's ride, that would have save me from RZR idles low and then cuts off 911262 in my pants!! LMAO

I doubt that because Geterdun said you smelled like that all weekend even when you two were all alone Sunday night all by yourselves affraid Suspect RZR idles low and then cuts off 568845 RZR idles low and then cuts off 683409
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 9:28 pm

Bobby D wrote:
Steve K wrote:

I doubt that because Geterdun said you smelled like that all weekend even when you two were all alone Sunday night all by yourselves affraid Suspect RZR idles low and then cuts off 568845 RZR idles low and then cuts off 683409

And I thought it was Geterdun that smelled that way.....damn, next time say something!!! LMAO you must be on crack
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 9:30 pm

Steve K wrote:
Bobby D wrote:
Steve K wrote:

And I thought it was Geterdun that smelled that way.....damn, next time say something!!! LMAO you must be on crack

LMAO Yahoo! my bad shit happens Thanks for sharing Git R Done
Back to top Go down
Jeff M

Jeff M

Number of posts : 1777
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 10:21 pm

Bobby D wrote:
Steve K wrote:

Big Laugh RZR idles low and then cuts off 376308
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 1:36 am

RZR idles low and then cuts off Attachment12
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 3:53 am

there was several rzrs with aftermarket filters having trouble at the spring ride. they put a stock filter in and ran great all weekend.

if it ant broke dont fix it. That\'s Right
Back to top Go down
clayb

clayb

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 9:35 am

punder wrote:
RZR idles low and then cuts off Attachment12

now thats funny Up Laugh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 9:47 am

Ditto
Back to top Go down
nchillbilly

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 10:42 am

hey steve, my 08 rzr did the same thing last week at browm mtn. turns out it was the clamps on the boot from airbox to intake like mason said. check that, its easy to see but hard as #$&@ to get to so you can tighten them up. my boot had actually slid off the intake side.
Back to top Go down
chappy

chappy

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 12:30 pm

Worked great for me for the time that I had it steve-o. Hmmmm. Try cleaning it again and just using a light spray of oil. I even used the UNI cleaning kit on it just before you bought it.

Very strange....
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitimeApril 25th 2010, 9:36 pm

JUST GLAD TO HEAR ITS FIXED --- Congrats
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR idles low and then cuts off   RZR idles low and then cuts off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RZR idles low and then cuts off
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM :: SxS Garage :: Polaris RZR-
Jump to: