WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10007
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10010
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10018
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10011
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10030
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10036
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10055
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  SpringRider10057

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3508
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3512
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3524
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3525
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3528
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3572
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3554
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3538
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  100_3534

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  106_6005-vi
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  106_6098-vi
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Dscf1320
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Dscf1321
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Dscf1322
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010004
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010005
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010006
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010008
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010013
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010020
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010021
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010022
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010026
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010030
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010031

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010049

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  NewYears201012-31-09037

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Vote_lcapResi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Voting_barResi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Vote_lcapResi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Voting_barResi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)

Go down 
+4
Finzup
Hump
WV Hot Rod Rhino
punder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Empty
PostSubject: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 4:05 pm

Recently I purchesed a set of the resi Shocks for the rear of my 09 RZR LE( Steve had allready put a set on the Front ....

James and Fizup made a set of Brackets that fit like a Lift would to accept these shock and put it at the height that it needed to be .

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  001

Here is one of the bolt holes that is used to hold up you A arm covers ( if you have them )

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  003

You will also use your stock bolts ( that hold your stock shocks ) to hold this piece in place , there will also need to be a spacer ( piece of steel pipe ) in side to keep the bolt from crushing the bracket .

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  005

Here is the bracket in place

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  009

Lower shock in place and centered .....

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  011

Top of the shock in the stock shock mount , it is smaller and you will need to shim this with washer to fill that space , the tape on the end of the shock is to keep the bearing from falling out during install

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  012

Both shocks installed and ready to adjust ....

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  013

The stock spainer Wrench will also work on these shocks , so no special tools .... I took it for a ride around the block and hit a few places and was pretty happy with them , I need trails to really tell more .......

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  014
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 4:16 pm

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 5386
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 4:59 pm

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  949672 Drew ... Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  578348
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 7:41 pm

Good Post Looks good Drew!
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 8:10 pm

Nice work! Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  770746
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Finzup

Number of posts : 2037
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 8:30 pm

Good install. What springs are you using? I like 250#+ preload on the rear of my RZR.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 8:41 pm

That James Built Stuff is good stuff
Back to top Go down
ermullis

ermullis

Number of posts : 1376
Registration date : 2009-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 8:44 pm

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  371404 good job Drew , I sure do love the Resi shock package James ( WVHRR ) & Steve ( Finzup ) fixed up on my son's 08 RZR. People ask all the time now what kind of shock set up that is & I just tellem oh that's a JBS special edition RZR .....you know kinda like the Walker Evans RZR just a whole bunch cheaper & better..... Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  131395 Now if I could just get my S to ride & handle that good..... Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  568845
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 5386
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 9:19 pm

Finzup wrote:
Good install. What springs are you using? I like 250#+ preload on the rear of my RZR.

yamaha rhino....you know its going to be fast now
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 9:45 pm

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  770746
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
punder

punder

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2010, 10:05 pm

Finzup wrote:

James looked around his shop and figured out that the stock Resi Shock for a Rhino was the right lenght without cutting to fit on these shocks , as far as I can tell ( I have put about 3/8" of preload on each side ) it feel good for just a ride around the neighborhood , but will probably end up with more preload all around but need a trail to reall see what I need .... Not having rebound on the rear really made a odd ride on the RZR . I'm ready for a test ride ........
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 9:12 am

SWEET SET -UP
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 9:50 am

good job.... Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  770746 Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  578348
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2010, 11:27 pm

Little bit of set up for those who are like me " Lost " in having too much adjustment in your suspension ..... What I have " per James " is a class 3 suspension , so I have one more adjustment than this lists ( but I'm still looking for info ) , but thought those with the RZRs might benifit from this info also ....

http://www.utvoffroadmag.com/articles/dialingshocks.html

another good write up

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377976
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Finzup

Number of posts : 2037
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 12:10 am

I think the UTV write-up is the most accurate/helpful. Use your shock pre-load adjustment to get the ride height you want. If you bottom out, increase the shock dampening adjustment. If that doesn't work increase pre-load or buy a stiffer spring. Conversely, if you're bouncing and reducing shock dampening(or shock pre-load adjustment) doesn't help then you have too much spring. Just my opinion.

PS - I have my desired ride height and reduced pre-load (to have good compression/rebound performance) by trimming spring length. I think remullis would agree. He has 200# and I have 250# springs. It's all in what feels right for you.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 3:23 am

Finzup wrote:
I think the UTV write-up is the most accurate/helpful. Use your shock pre-load adjustment to get the ride height you want. If you bottom out, increase the shock dampening adjustment. If that doesn't work increase pre-load or buy a stiffer spring. Conversely, if you're bouncing and reducing shock dampening(or shock pre-load adjustment) doesn't help then you have too much spring. Just my opinion.

PS - I have my desired ride height and reduced pre-load (to have good compression/rebound performance) by trimming spring length. I think remullis would agree. He has 200# and I have 250# springs. It's all in what feels right for you.
Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  578348 very interesting......
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2010, 8:50 am

Finzup wrote:

Wanted to say thanks Man for the great job on the brackets , and I definatly want to get with you and James on adjusting these shocks , I know the felling im looking for and so far these shocks have got me part the way there .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)    Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resi shoicks on the rear of RZR ( Hot Rod Rhino)
Page 1 of 1