WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10007
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10010
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10018
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10011
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10030
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10036
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10055
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Are they that strict on the train tracks? SpringRider10057

Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3508
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3512
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3524
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3525
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3528
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3572
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3554
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3538
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 100_3534

Are they that strict on the train tracks? 106_6005-vi
Are they that strict on the train tracks? 106_6098-vi
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Dscf1320
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Dscf1321
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Dscf1322
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010004
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010005
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010006
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010008
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010013
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010020
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010021
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010022
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010026
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010030
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010031

Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010049

Are they that strict on the train tracks? NewYears201012-31-09037

Are they that strict on the train tracks? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 48 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Vote_lcapAre they that strict on the train tracks? Voting_barAre they that strict on the train tracks? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Are they that strict on the train tracks? Vote_lcapAre they that strict on the train tracks? Voting_barAre they that strict on the train tracks? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Are they that strict on the train tracks?

Go down 
+6
Randy R
Cale
bubba53
Thunter
Bobby D
dezs1775
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dezs1775

dezs1775

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Are they that strict on the train tracks? Empty
PostSubject: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 10:04 pm

Are they that strict on the train tracks? 921734 does the rail road really pay that much attention to the tracks? Just wondering, is it worth the roll of the dice
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 10:30 pm

Just don't ride across the trestle if they catch you it is Felony trespassing.The Railroad use to post warning flyers at the Wagon Wheel if you get caught it maybe your last ride is what they would say.They usually would show up on the big Holiday weekends and post the flyers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Thunter

Thunter

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 10:31 pm

Go for it!!! They can only catch you if you let them. lol!
Back to top Go down
dezs1775

dezs1775

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2011, 11:01 pm

I just don't see the harm in it. It's pritty much common sence. See or hear big train don't go.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 9:13 am

dezs1775 wrote:
I just don't see the harm in it. It's pritty much common sence. See or hear big train don't go.
I don't know of anybody thats been caught.....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 9:20 am

I have heard several stories of people getting a 5000 dollar fine and they lose their machine
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 11:12 am

I work for NS and yes they are that serious. Safety is their biggest thing for everyone not just the employees.
Back to top Go down
Randy R

Randy R

Number of posts : 775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 5:11 pm

If you are waiting to hear the train it's too late. You really can not hear a train as clear as expected. If I have to cross tracks I get it done with -- cross perpendicular and don't play around. A train can sneak up on you faster than you would guess. 50mph = 74 ft per second. How far can you see is the question to consider.
Back to top Go down
Great Googly Moogly

Great Googly Moogly

Number of posts : 407
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 5:34 pm

Sorry to be slow on the uptake, or to have potentially missed it on another thread, but what is the actual issue here? Is it simply crossing a railroad track (like on an outlaw trail or something) or is the issue actually riding on or next to railroad track? I can see the railroad companies getting upset about the latter, but if simply crossing a track is a problem, I'd like to know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
dezs1775

dezs1775

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 6:37 pm

Well, I've seen the pis and videos on u tube, and it looks cool, well it may just be a one way trip across. I'm sure there are trails around them.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 7:13 pm

Below are pictures of the trestles being discussed. As you can see, you fall you die. I have ridden them in the past but will never do it again. There are trails below them that you can ride. The last time I rode them was a few months ago and as Randy said you cannot see or hear a train coming. We were in the tunnel between two of the trestles when all the sudden here came a train. 30 seconds later we would have been on the trestle when the train came by, I don't even want to think about that. We always talk about safety after an accident and we say how stupid they were. Riding the trestles is "stupid" waiting to happen.

I have also heard of the fines and confiscations. They supposedly have guards on ATV's. They only have to catch one and hang him over the trestle to get the other names.

Are they that strict on the train tracks? Trestle3

Are they that strict on the train tracks? Trestle2
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 7:19 pm

I think crossing is ok if it's quick. If your riding like he said down the rail road, then they are going to be after you. That's what they don't want. I'm sure they would prefere u cross as a crossing and not a random spot to keep your rear tires from tearing up the rocks
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

Number of posts : 4150

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 7:51 pm

BobT wrote:
Below are pictures of the trestles being discussed. As you can see, you fall you die. I have ridden them in the past but will never do it again. There are trails below them that you can ride. The last time I rode them was a few months ago and as Randy said you cannot see or hear a train coming. We were in the tunnel between two of the trestles when all the sudden here came a train. 30 seconds later we would have been on the trestle when the train came by, I don't even want to think about that. We always talk about safety after an accident and we say how stupid they were. Riding the trestles is "stupid" waiting to happen.

I have also heard of the fines and confiscations. They supposedly have guards on ATV's. They only have to catch one and hang him over the trestle to get the other names.

As you can see, you fall you die. i'm with you BobT------i want nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 8:45 pm

they got some at those pic ya showed 3yrs. ago on memorial day weekend they were in the woods hiding they took their 4 wheelers they said
Back to top Go down
Randy R

Randy R

Number of posts : 775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 9:17 pm

The crazy thing to me is that they took the tracks up and left a nice pretty spare tressle to tempt ATV's. All they had to do was block the entrance and exit of the tressle and the ATV's would stay off. The tressle has nice RR ties on the sides to make it feel safer. The Railroads say stay off but they do nothing to make it less tempting. I see the tressle with no tracks as being less scary then some legit trails on Colorado or Utah.

I would not ride on it but I'm just saying....

Last edited by Randy R on August 22nd 2011, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Great Googly Moogly

Great Googly Moogly

Number of posts : 407

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 9:18 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
I think crossing is ok if it's quick. If your riding like he said down the rail road, then they are going to be after you. That's what they don't want. I'm sure they would prefere u cross as a crossing and not a random spot to keep your rear tires from tearing up the rocks

Thanks for the clarification, T-Bone.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 9:41 pm

BobT wrote:

First off....I want everyone to know that when they hung me off the trestle.....all they got out of me was spare change...... Are they that strict on the train tracks? 649739 Are they that strict on the train tracks? 649739 Are they that strict on the train tracks? 91055
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2011, 10:19 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 12:21 am

Just curious what kind of authority the RR police have. Does it begin and end on their property, or do they have the legal authority to come to your home and prosecute you. I don't know if they would wanna try to take my machine, I may be more trouble than I'm worth. Are they that strict on the train tracks? 922754 lol!
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 9:38 am

Thunter wrote:
Just curious what kind of authority the RR police have. Does it begin and end on their property, or do they have the legal authority to come to your home and prosecute you. I don't know if they would wanna try to take my machine, I may be more trouble than I'm worth. Are they that strict on the train tracks? 922754 lol!
I think it would have to go thru the court system....after all....this is America....the courts and lawyers have to make their money.... Are they that strict on the train tracks? 91055
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 1:36 pm

I don't see how they can do much more than hold you until the police show up. I mean they are not anything more than police hired by a big business. I may be wrong about that though, maybe they have some authority that was granted by the goverment. Who knows!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 1:38 pm

The Rail Road has more authority than the police believe it or not. The rail road is a very powerful authority! Are they that strict on the train tracks? 91055
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 7:02 pm

from Wikipedia,

Jurisdiction and authoritySome railroad police officers are certified law enforcement officers and may carry full police and arrest powers. The appointment, commissioning and regulation of railroad police under Section 1704 of the U.S. Crime Control Act of 1990, provides that: "A railroad police officer who is certified or commissioned as a police officer under the laws of any one state shall, in accordance with the regulations issued by the U. S. Secretary of Transportation, be authorized to enforce the laws of any other state in which the rail carrier owns property."

It is important to note that Section 1704 also states that this police authority is to "the extent of the authority of a police officer certified or commissioned under the laws of that jurisdiction". While a railroad police officer may have general peace officer authority in some states such as California, they are limited to the railroad's property in other states.

The status of railroad police officers varies by state, in that they are commissioned by the Governor of the state in which they reside and/or work in and they may carry both state level arrest powers and some interstate arrest powers as allowed by 49 USC 28101. Although railroad police primarily enforce laws on or near the railroad right-of-way, their police officers can enforce other laws and make arrests off of railroad property depending on the state in which they are working.

Depending upon the state or jurisdiction, railroad police officers may be considered certified police officers, deputized peace officers, or company special agents. In Virginia, for example, any railroad may file an application with the Circuit Court of any county where it operates to allow the President of the railroad to appoint members of its own police force. If approved, the railroad's police officers have the equivalent authority of the State Police, and may act as law enforcement personnel anywhere in the Commonwealth.[9]

Some of the crimes railroad police investigate include trespassing on the right-of-way of a railroad, assaults against passengers, terrorism threats targeting the railroad, arson, tagging of graffiti on railroad rolling stock or buildings, signal vandalism, pickpocketing, ticket fraud, robbery and theft of personal belongings, baggage or freight. Other incidents railroad police investigate include derailments, train/vehicle collisions, vehicle accidents on the right of way, and hazardous materials releases.

Rayray, i high lighted the area that i thought you should be concern with.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 7:03 pm

Railroad police agencies
An Amtrak Police SUVAmtrak Police
BART Police
BNSF Police Department
Boston and Maine Railroad Police Department (subsidiary of Pan Am Railways; also covers ex-Maine Central territory owned by PAR)
Canadian Pacific Railway Police Service
CN Police Service
CSX Police Department
Metra Police Department
Metro Transit Police
MTA Police
New Jersey Transit Police Department
Norfolk Southern Railway Police Department
Union Pacific Police Department
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 8:00 pm

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
dezs1775

dezs1775

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 9:45 pm

WOW, so do they get a pistol or a flashlight? Lol!! With all the cut backs I'm surprised they just don't get tsa to work the area!! Well, I'll be up there soon, and the guys I ride with , well they still work for our uncle.
Back to top Go down
wvprowler

wvprowler

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 9:51 pm

if they catch you on or with in 60 foot of the tracks here they impound your atv or sxs and fine you !!!! they have done to alot of people !!!! i know they alomost caught me !!!! and i live here and have rode them my whole life.they are working on the tracks up here now and they are really watching them all the time now !!!!
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 10:12 pm

wvprowler wrote:
if they catch you on or with in 60 foot of the tracks here they impound your atv or sxs and fine you !!!! they have done to alot of people !!!! i know they alomost caught me !!!! and i live here and have rode them my whole life.they are working on the tracks up here now and they are really watching them all the time now !!!!
thanks for the info....I ride the trails under them and never ride across the trestle..... Are they that strict on the train tracks? 91055
Back to top Go down
wvprowler

wvprowler

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 10:21 pm

even if you are riding down beside them they will still do it they say they have a 60 ft right away from the tracks !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitimeAugust 23rd 2011, 10:23 pm

They won't catch me. I drive a Can Am! Are they that strict on the train tracks? 495894
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are they that strict on the train tracks?   Are they that strict on the train tracks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are they that strict on the train tracks?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next