WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!

WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM

wv trail riding on side by sides
 
HomeBannerRegisterLog inVideos































































Latest topics
» 2018 Spring Ride
October 16th 2017, 7:42 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 10-28-17 halloween ride at hotrods
October 16th 2017, 12:25 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» 2017 Fall Ride
October 15th 2017, 11:24 pm by My 800

» overland expedition - potts mountian
October 5th 2017, 10:19 am by offroadohio

» blond cocker spaniel
September 29th 2017, 6:57 pm by Gary

» Anyone Riding this Weekend?
September 11th 2017, 2:04 pm by Finzup

» The View to Flag Rock
September 7th 2017, 3:42 pm by kmccauley

» Too quiet
September 7th 2017, 11:06 am by Guest

» outlaw trail maps
August 23rd 2017, 11:16 am by Timmi

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 252 on August 7th 2016, 8:56 pm
Top posters
Bobby D
 
bubba53
 
rayray
 
WV Hot Rod Rhino
 
shawn
 
Hump
 
pit dog
 
Jet
 
big g
 
simoniz
 
Top posting users this month
My 800
 
WV Hot Rod Rhino
 
Timmi
 
Rick_308
 
offroadohio
 
Most active topic starters
bubba53
 
Bobby D
 
WV Hot Rod Rhino
 
JimBob
 
ElmoEOD
 
punder
 
Finzup
 
neuromax
 
rayray
 
Steve K
 
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 Question about bergoo ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chevy304



Number of posts : 39
Age : 52
Location : Rupert,WV
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Question about bergoo ?   September 22nd 2011, 5:48 pm

My wife and I ride by ourselfs alot ,would this place be safe enough for us? I have a Rhino but no winch don't wanta get buried up and no way out !!!
Back to top Go down
captainrickiii

avatar

Number of posts : 173
Age : 45
Location : Teays Valley West Virginia
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 22nd 2011, 6:29 pm

IJS You could always take a come along if you don't want to get a winch
Back to top Go down
dragpipe

avatar

Number of posts : 119
Age : 38
Location : walker,wv
Registration date : 2011-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 22nd 2011, 8:41 pm

yes in most places you would fine up there most mud holes on the main trails are only ankle deep and rock based just dont get off the beaten path lol
Back to top Go down
zero

avatar

Number of posts : 189
Age : 37
Location : Morgantown,Wv
Registration date : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 22nd 2011, 10:32 pm

how do you get to bergoo...i live in morgantown and always looking for places to ride and i heard it is beautiful down there so id like to check it out first hand
Back to top Go down
ckbetz

avatar

Number of posts : 110
Location : SE Ohio
Registration date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 22nd 2011, 11:55 pm

Do a google search, it's close to Webster Springs. We rode this spring there and it was pretty easy, but there is some bad stuff if you want. I just can't tell you what to ride, you probably would have to take somebody that knows the area.
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 23rd 2011, 4:54 am

I ride there 90% of the time. It's 1 hr from my house. Send me a message if any of you want to ride, I will show you around.



dragpipe, ankle deep mud?....I think you missed a trail.



chevy304, once you learn the bad holes, you won't need a winch. There are a couple trails that you have to pic the easiest mudhole, and it would just be luck that you pick the right one without being familiar with the place.



just say when!
Back to top Go down
bubba53
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 12043
Age : 64
Location : statesville,nc
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 23rd 2011, 8:24 am

chevy304 wrote:
My wife and I ride by ourselfs alot ,would this place be safe enough for us? I have a Rhino but no winch don't wanta get buried up and no way out !!!
All I carry is a tow rope and some O'Douls....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 23rd 2011, 10:39 am

bubba53 wrote:
chevy304 wrote:
My wife and I ride by ourselfs alot ,would this place be safe enough for us? I have a Rhino but no winch don't wanta get buried up and no way out !!!
All I carry is a tow rope and some O'Douls....

And the Bubba Box
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

avatar

Number of posts : 14579
Location : Blacksburg,Va
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 23rd 2011, 12:10 pm

Bergoo is on my list to ride sometime after the Fall Ride
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
godeepwvu



Number of posts : 28
Location : Buckhannon, West Virginia
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 29th 2011, 8:22 pm

I'm interested in checking out Bergoo, too. It's within an hour of me. Easy to find the trail head and parking?
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 30th 2011, 3:33 am

godeepwvu wrote:
I'm interested in checking out Bergoo, too. It's within an hour of me. Easy to find the trail head and parking?

Hit Bergoo rd and drive til you see the Bergoo store on the right (gas station), at the other end of the parking and on your right, is a paved road. Turn in there and stay on the pavement til it ends. Once the pavement ends just start looking for a place to park where you are least likely to get your truck ran over. Unload and start riding from there. It's not a huge area, but you can get lost if you've never been there before. You will most likely miss out on alot of riding if you just explore by yourself. I rode there for 10 years without even knowing about the falls. It was a hidden trail, and I rode right by it. There's way to many little trails, dead ends, etc. that will make you kill some serious time and not ride much at all. I can't always make it to H&M/Wagon wheel, but I can ride Bergoo just about any weekend.
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 30th 2011, 3:46 am

Come on you guys! All of you that are fairly close are missing out. Been alot of talk and no riding here. You will like it.

I'm not that bad to ride with..



Seriously, I know some of us have a busy life, me included. But if you are close enough to do a 1 day ride, just put off all that work you have to get done around the house and ride that thing. You will have a good time.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 12043
Age : 64
Location : statesville,nc
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 30th 2011, 10:00 am

Yamabeast wrote:
Come on you guys! All of you that are fairly close are missing out. Been alot of talk and no riding here. You will like it.

I'm not that bad to ride with..



Seriously, I know some of us have a busy life, me included. But if you are close enough to do a 1 day ride, just put off all that work you have to get done around the house and ride that thing. You will have a good time.
hey Hump...I know where your comming from....after spending 3 days in I.C.U. last Jan.....enjoying myself went to the top of my list..and I know you spent some time in the hospital too....it gives you time to think about the past and the future....
Back to top Go down
chevy304



Number of posts : 39
Age : 52
Location : Rupert,WV
Registration date : 2010-03-22

PostSubject: Riding Bergoo   September 30th 2011, 5:58 pm

Sounds like I need to venture up that way...I believe we all need to load up and have a big ride up there...
Back to top Go down
bubba53
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 12043
Age : 64
Location : statesville,nc
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   September 30th 2011, 10:47 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
bubba53 wrote:
chevy304 wrote:
My wife and I ride by ourselfs alot ,would this place be safe enough for us? I have a Rhino but no winch don't wanta get buried up and no way out !!!
All I carry is a tow rope and some O'Douls....

And the Bubba Box
yeah...I might have a few things in there...so far except for some flat tires...the bubba box has helped other people more then me...but hey...what are friends for....
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 1st 2011, 3:18 am

bubba53 wrote:
Yamabeast wrote:
Come on you guys! All of you that are fairly close are missing out. Been alot of talk and no riding here. You will like it.

I'm not that bad to ride with..



Seriously, I know some of us have a busy life, me included. But if you are close enough to do a 1 day ride, just put off all that work you have to get done around the house and ride that thing. You will have a good time.
Hump...I know where your comming from....after spending 3 days in I.C.U. last Jan.....enjoying myself went to the top of my list..and I know you spent some time in the hospital too....it gives you time to think about the past and the future....



That's right Bubba. Nothing makes you want to have more fun than a close call with your health. I make time to do stuff I want to do now. There were times I rode with a few from here, and felt like I was gonna die right on the trail. I figured why set at the house and worry. If I would have killed over on the trail, at least I would have been having fun doing something I like to do. Riding has been the best medicine for me over the past year. I've had alot more fun riding than I used to, thanks to the great people I've met on here. I've also spent a hell of alot more money too. lol!
Back to top Go down
bubba53
Moderator
avatar

Number of posts : 12043
Age : 64
Location : statesville,nc
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 1st 2011, 10:32 am

Yamabeast wrote:
bubba53 wrote:
Yamabeast wrote:
Come on you guys! All of you that are fairly close are missing out. Been alot of talk and no riding here. You will like it.

I'm not that bad to ride with..



Seriously, I know some of us have a busy life, me included. But if you are close enough to do a 1 day ride, just put off all that work you have to get done around the house and ride that thing. You will have a good time.
Hump...I know where your comming from....after spending 3 days in I.C.U. last Jan.....enjoying myself went to the top of my list..and I know you spent some time in the hospital too....it gives you time to think about the past and the future....



That's right Bubba. Nothing makes you want to have more fun than a close call with your health. I make time to do stuff I want to do now. There were times I rode with a few from here, and felt like I was gonna die right on the trail. I figured why set at the house and worry. If I would have killed over on the trail, at least I would have been having fun doing something I like to do. Riding has been the best medicine for me over the past year. I've had alot more fun riding than I used to, thanks to the great people I've met on here. I've also spent a hell of alot more money too. lol!
Thats the best feeling in the world...riding with a bunch of sxs's down the trail....
Back to top Go down
luwanee

avatar

Number of posts : 5
Location : Long Bottom, Oh
Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 24th 2011, 8:07 pm

Just spent two of the last four weeks hunting around Bergoo. Like Yamabeast said turn right at the gas station, that is Leatherwood Rd. and takes you to the top of the mountain. There is a nice place to park and unload at the junction of the two creeks. Go staight to get to the falls but the second crossing is a little tough. Hang a left at the creeks and you will go to the top of Redoak. The only really bad mud is on the powerstation side which will be on your right when driving out Leatherwood, nice trails but some 4 to 6 foot holes on top. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

avatar

Number of posts : 2037
Age : 69
Location : Kenna, WV
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 24th 2011, 9:35 pm

I'm ready. Anyone want to ride this Saturday? Will take me a couple hours to get there.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 24th 2011, 9:37 pm

If it was closer I would go. I am wanting to see that place!
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 24th 2011, 10:34 pm

Finzup wrote:
I'm ready. Anyone want to ride this Saturday? Will take me a couple hours to get there.



I don't know what my work schedule will be the rest of the week, but if I work any this week, it will be Saturday for sure. I know I can ride Sunday. Hopefully someone who knows their way around will go with you on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
RickV

avatar

Number of posts : 591
Age : 62
Location : Clarksburg, WV
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 24th 2011, 10:47 pm

Luwanne, It was good meeting you guys at Bergoo, Yamabeast and myself are the ones that stopped by your camp with the 2 white RZR's that you all asked how we got around the loop. I'm the one that wrote down this website for ya. Anyway welcome to the site, you will find a whole bunch of good folks on here. BTW hope you made it home ok with the Taj Ma Hall. LOL
Back to top Go down
luwanee

avatar

Number of posts : 5
Location : Long Bottom, Oh
Registration date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 24th 2011, 10:54 pm

It was nice meeting you guys and thanks for the heads up about the site. Have only been on for a day but can tell good people. The Taj Ma Hall made it home in great shape. Only problem no Bear.
Back to top Go down
Hump



Number of posts : 4683
Age : 38
Location : Richwood, WV
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 26th 2011, 6:04 pm

Finzup wrote:
I'm ready. Anyone want to ride this Saturday? Will take me a couple hours to get there.



Looks like I may not have to work all week. It's going to be cool, rainy, and maybe a little snow Saturday.
Back to top Go down
RickV

avatar

Number of posts : 591
Age : 62
Location : Clarksburg, WV
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 26th 2011, 6:43 pm

Man I would love to but don't think I can make it.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

avatar

Number of posts : 2037
Age : 69
Location : Kenna, WV
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 26th 2011, 9:01 pm

Please keep me in mind for Bergoo.

Going to do Sophia this weekend. Last time there was the best ride ever.
Back to top Go down
Jet

avatar

Number of posts : 4150
Age : 66
Location : Canal Winchester Ohio 43110
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   October 26th 2011, 10:45 pm

Finzup wrote:
Please keep me in mind for Bergoo.

Going to do Sophia this weekend. Last time there was the best ride ever.

I agree finzup. Sophia is great. Enjoy buddy. Take pics.
Back to top Go down
godeepwvu



Number of posts : 28
Location : Buckhannon, West Virginia
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   March 18th 2012, 7:15 pm

So I went to Bergoo today just to find the place. No problems there. Get there and find absolutely no one - passed on SXS on the gravel road.

Knowledgable people, tell me more! Where to park? Go? Who owns what is being ridden on? Can't say that I am not concerned with just parking along the road.

I am riding this weekend - either Bergoo or Little Coal - HM Trail.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

avatar

Number of posts : 14579
Location : Blacksburg,Va
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   March 18th 2012, 8:41 pm

godeepwvu wrote:
So I went to Bergoo today just to find the place. No problems there. Get there and find absolutely no one - passed on SXS on the gravel road.

Knowledgable people, tell me more! Where to park? Go? Who owns what is being ridden on? Can't say that I am not concerned with just parking along the road.

I am riding this weekend - either Bergoo or Little Coal - HM Trail.


Hump can answer your question on Bergoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Thunter

avatar

Number of posts : 1339
Age : 46
Location : Pennsboro, WV
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   March 18th 2012, 11:29 pm

godeepwvu wrote:
So I went to Bergoo today just to find the place. No problems there. Get there and find absolutely no one - passed on SXS on the gravel road.

Knowledgable people, tell me more! Where to park? Go? Who owns what is being ridden on? Can't say that I am not concerned with just parking along the road.

I am riding this weekend - either Bergoo or Little Coal - HM Trail.
If we would have known you where there we could have tried to hook up. Hump and I spent the day riding Bergoo today. Bobby is right when he said Hump is the one you need to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Question about bergoo ?   

Back to top Go down
 
Question about bergoo ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Pulley Question
» grip strength advice..ask david horne any question on grip training....
» Level Adjust Question
» Best forum question and answer ever!!!!
» Water and waste tanks question

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WVSXSRIDERS.COM / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM :: West Va Trails :: Bergoo-
Jump to: