WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10007
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10010
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10018
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10011
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10030
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10036
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10055
trouble with the front diff 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
trouble with the front diff SpringRider10057

trouble with the front diff 100_3508
trouble with the front diff 100_3512
trouble with the front diff 100_3524
trouble with the front diff 100_3525
trouble with the front diff 100_3528
trouble with the front diff 100_3572
trouble with the front diff 100_3554
trouble with the front diff 100_3538
trouble with the front diff 100_3534

trouble with the front diff 106_6005-vi
trouble with the front diff 106_6098-vi
trouble with the front diff Dscf1320
trouble with the front diff Dscf1321
trouble with the front diff Dscf1322
trouble with the front diff Springride2010004
trouble with the front diff Springride2010005
trouble with the front diff Springride2010006
trouble with the front diff Springride2010008
trouble with the front diff Springride2010013
trouble with the front diff Springride2010020
trouble with the front diff Springride2010021
trouble with the front diff Springride2010022
trouble with the front diff Springride2010026
trouble with the front diff Springride2010030
trouble with the front diff Springride2010031

trouble with the front diff Springride2010049

trouble with the front diff NewYears201012-31-09037

trouble with the front diff Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 75 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
trouble with the front diff Vote_lcaptrouble with the front diff Voting_bartrouble with the front diff Vote_rcap 
bubba53
trouble with the front diff Vote_lcaptrouble with the front diff Voting_bartrouble with the front diff Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

trouble with the front diff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

trouble with the front diff Empty
PostSubject: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 10:47 pm

i was riding yesterday and the front wheels all of a sudden felt like the brakes was pushed in about half peddle.i could back up and it will free it up and i can drive 10ft sometimes and others i could go miles.
it done this at brimstone once and after i backed up it was fine for the rest of the day.

i checked the fluid today and it was a little low. so i changed it and took it for a drive and in about 50 ft it done it again so i turn around and go back and jack it up and turn the front wheel and i can hear some clicking that sounds like its in the front diff. the wheel is kind of hard to turn forward but easy in reverse.

i have the rzr took apart and going to pull the diff tomorrow. i suspect the plastic cage inside the diff is broke.

has anyone had anything like this happen to there rzr???

Last edited by bush on August 12th 2009, 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GETERDUN

GETERDUN

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2009, 10:54 pm

I would say all that clicking has busted the plastic carrier.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 6:16 am

Anyone that has replaced the plastic carriage, is the replacemant plastic as well?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 11:38 am

the polaris part is plastic. but they say a johndeere part works and its medal. and superatv makes an aluminum one.

http://www.superatv.com/POLARIS-RZR-SPRAGUE-CARRIER-FRONT-ROLLER-CAGE-550-P465C245.aspx
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 8:17 pm

i got the diff out and took apart! the plastic cage is broke. it has several pieces chipped off of it and there is also some muddy water in it. affraid looks like the breather hose is stopped up with mud.
i guess its time to order parts and get it back together and Ride .

also going to put new wheel bearings and ball joints in.

trouble with the front diff 100_2918

trouble with the front diff 100_2927

trouble with the front diff 100_2921

trouble with the front diff 100_2924

trouble with the front diff 100_2925

trouble with the front diff 100_2926
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 8:26 pm

OOPS! Shocked Looks like you got plenty of work to do Bush affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 8:31 pm

it sucks that this had to happen when im on my vacation!! but at least i have time to work on it.

i guess im going to get the cage/carrier from superatv.com . so now i got to find a diff seal,bearings and ball joints.
Back to top Go down
GETERDUN

GETERDUN

Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 10:09 pm

I think Stealth will be doing this soon. I heard is clicking pretty good too.

Bush.... check out cheapcycleparts.com...... They are the cheapest that I have got parts from.....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 10:12 pm

GETERDUN wrote:
I think Stealth will be doing this soon. I heard is clicking pretty good too.

Bush.... check out cheapcycleparts.com...... They are the cheapest that I have got parts from.....

i think stealth done took his apart and checked.

that is where i buy most of my parts from. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2009, 11:18 am

bush, hold up on putting a plastic one back in, i found the metal ones forv169.00 and they are bullit proof,

ok here is one, there is another company that has a nice one but theres is 259.00 on ebay.

Just a FYI, i noticed my breather tube for the front diff was just below the storage box in the front and could easily get water in it, i drilled a hole in the firewall and ran it inside way up high under the dash where it never gets wet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/550-RZR-SPRAGUE-CARRIER-FRONT-ROLLER-CAGE-ARC-P-RZR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem518bde39caQQitemZ350238947786QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Back to top Go down
sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2009, 12:00 pm

I just rebuilt my front diff. also a couple of hundred miles ago.Except i found that there were 2 rollerbearings from within the cage that were never there to begin with cause there was not 1 single particle of any metal in my diff.It was clean as a whistle.I went back with the original plastic one only because it was immeadiately available that day so i could get it back together and ride.Havent had any problems yet.Just make sure when you go back together with it that you pay close attention to the adjustment of the armature plate to the coil.If you look it up in the manual on the adjustment procedure you will see what i mean ,cause if it aint right it still wont work.It is very simple to do after it is back together but before you actually reinstall the diff.in the machine.I went ahead and replaced my armature plate also just because it looked a little warped,and since i was going that far i replaced my coil also.Even if i didnt need it,at least i now have a spare.OH!! and most importantly...make sure you put the correct fluid back in the front also.My local dealer made that mistake on mine and that too also rendered my 4wd useless.Tha is why i do all my own work on it now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2009, 3:33 pm

i have got all the parts ordered but the diff seals!!! i can not find them anywhere. i have looked everywhere ans called lots of places and no luck. i found a part # on rzrforums.net that someone posted but its 50$ bucks for a seal and i just dont know its it the right part.

has anyone ever replaced the seals in the front diff???
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2009, 3:42 pm

Bush did you try NC Powersports ?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2009, 4:34 pm

try babbitsonline they sell all oem parts, just look it up in there micrfish and it will give the pictures and part numbers and cost. they sell at a discount and send fairly fast.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2009, 6:46 pm

tried both. they say they cant get them. scratch

says you have to buy the whole cover.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2009, 9:57 pm

babbitts shows a seal kit that has 3 seals, 45.00, looks to be all the ones needed.

http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/default.aspx
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:12 pm

trouble with the front diff 642818

i ether screwed up on ordering the seals or i was sent the wrong ones.

trouble with the front diff 100_2932
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:38 pm

OOPS! That's a :Biatch: trouble with the front diff 918755
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 9:40 pm

it sucks.. i think the ones i got are for the rear!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:30 pm

Bush...you might as well keep them from the looks of all that trouble with the front diff 911262 in the front
diff the rear is probably the same
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2009, 10:33 pm

i plan on keeping them. i have read that a lot of people have had trouble with the rear seals also. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 2:39 am

i have had the rzr back together for a few days and the new aluminum cage from superatv is working great. the install was easy and took about hour to hour 1/2 to reinstall the diff,axles,a-arms,wheels and ready to ride.
the diff seals held me up for an extra week. i ordered the seals for the rear instead of the front so i had to reorder. trouble with the front diff 387450
i also put new wheel bearings and ball joints in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trouble with the front diff   trouble with the front diff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trouble with the front diff
Page 1 of 1