WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10007
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10010
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10018
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10011
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10030
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10036
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10055
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Everyone with Bighorns - Question SpringRider10057

Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3508
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3512
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3524
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3525
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3528
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3572
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3554
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3538
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 100_3534

Everyone with Bighorns - Question 106_6005-vi
Everyone with Bighorns - Question 106_6098-vi
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Dscf1320
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Dscf1321
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Dscf1322
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010004
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010005
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010006
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010008
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010013
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010020
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010021
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010022
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010026
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010030
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010031

Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010049

Everyone with Bighorns - Question NewYears201012-31-09037

Everyone with Bighorns - Question Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 56 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Vote_lcapEveryone with Bighorns - Question Voting_barEveryone with Bighorns - Question Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Everyone with Bighorns - Question Vote_lcapEveryone with Bighorns - Question Voting_barEveryone with Bighorns - Question Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Everyone with Bighorns - Question

Go down 
+2
neuromax
KRKid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KRKid

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Everyone with Bighorns - Question Empty
PostSubject: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 12:31 pm

OK, I can't keep air in my rear tires. What kind of pressure is everyone running? I think I might have made a mistake going to 14" wheels because I get less sidewall with my 26" tires. I normally try to run about 14 psi. Too much / not enough? I've got so many plugs in these things it's not even funny. Put 3 plugs in the sidewalls friday, went for a ride and yesterday both were flat again. I'm buying the 30 pack of plugs from Wally World now.

I'm thinking of going with 2 GBC Dirt Commanders on the rear and see what happens with them. They are a bias tire so the tire and sidewall I think they will be thicker rubber thoughout the tire. What do you guys think?

Maybe I just need to get down to WV and get some driving lessons, or it might be that my Ranger (full size) needs to go on a diet these things are pigs.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 1:08 pm

I run 12 psi in my Rhino and I have a rear cage and seats in mine so we are probably close in weight. I would say you are losing pressure with all the plugs in them. You could always run tubes inside them I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jeff M

Jeff M

Number of posts : 1777
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 6:58 pm

i got 14" wheels and 26" Bighorns i run 12lbs in mine also.
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 9:04 pm

Tighten you Valve stems , or replace them , look for cracks in the wheels , few things to try.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 989

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2009, 11:01 am

I would say after you've got sidewall punctures that are plugged, it is time to buy new tires. You could pull the tire off I guess and try and patch on the inside, but I'd be concerned it wouldn't hold. Bighorns are usually one of the toughest tires but there are some higher ply makes out there now so they might be worth a try. I run about 8-10 psi in mine, but I've got bead locks. I ran 12 before beadlocks.
Back to top Go down
KRKid

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2009, 11:24 am

Thanks for the replys everyone. I'm going to go with 2 Dirt Commanders on the rear. They are bias ply (rated at 8 ply I think) so they should be thicker on the sidewalls and I hope they will hold up a little better. I know for a fact that the Bighorns are leaking at the plugs, I can't get them to stop even after 10+ plugs so its time for a few new ones. The wife is starting to call the Ranger a golf cart now because every time I come back from a ride it needs something done to it. My last ride was on one of the only state trails in Maryland and it was after a bunch of rain and it was ROCKY. I had to stop twice in about 10 miles to plug both rear tires so I could get back to the trailer.
Back to top Go down
KRKid

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2009, 11:30 am

Also wanted to add just for anyone reading. I think you can blame in on some "operator error" also for the decision to go to 14" rims, alot less sidewall and room to flex before it hits the rim. If anyone were to ask about rim size I would stay with 12" or go with a taller tire to keep as much sidewall as possible especially if you ride in the rocks.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2009, 11:32 am

Be careful putting two tires from different manufacturers on. They really need to be the EXACT same size (height) or you could mess up your differentials or tranny. You really can't go by what the tire says on the side wall, an example is that bighorns typically run 1" taller than they actually are.

Just be careful if you only do two tires.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2009, 11:39 am

I've been running 14's before and after beadlocks. I think there are pro's and con's of each. 12's should be a little more pliant, giving more room for flex and absorbing bumps a little better. 14's should probably handle a little better with less sidewall roll.

As far as cutting down the sidewalls this is how I see them. 12's have more side wall to puncture or cut. 14's might be more succeptible to a pinch because the wheel is closer to the ground or rocks and as the tire gives it has less distance to compress to be pinched between rocks and the rim.

That is how my mind envisions it anyway. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2009, 11:44 am

By the way, if I had to do it all over again, I'd keep the Bighorns on the rear, but I think I'd try and put something with a little bit more of a directional tread on the front. I feel the Bighorn allow a little too much push on the front with the multi-directional tread, especially as the conditions get wet and sloppy. If you leave it in 4wd, it doesn't push as much with the tires pulling through the corners.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Finzup

Number of posts : 2037
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2009, 10:22 pm

Tiger Rag wrote:
By the way, if I had to do it all over again, I'd keep the Bighorns on the rear, but I think I'd try and put something with a little bit more of a directional tread on the front. I feel the Bighorn allow a little too much push on the front with the multi-directional tread, especially as the conditions get wet and sloppy. If you leave it in 4wd, it doesn't push as much with the tires pulling through the corners.

I'm getting in late on this, but I run 14" x 26" Bighorns on my RZR. Ten psi, front, and 15 psi, rear, to allow drifting turns. Even at these pressures I still had grass wedged in a front tire bead after riding outlaw trails at Wagon Wheel last week. I never ride in 4WD until the deep stuff. Turn in early, then gas it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone with Bighorns - Question   Everyone with Bighorns - Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone with Bighorns - Question
Page 1 of 1