WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10007
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10010
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10018
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10011
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10030
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10036
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10055
RayRay's Maverick review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
RayRay's Maverick review SpringRider10057

RayRay's Maverick review 100_3508
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3512
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3524
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3525
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3528
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3572
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3554
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3538
RayRay's Maverick review 100_3534

RayRay's Maverick review 106_6005-vi
RayRay's Maverick review 106_6098-vi
RayRay's Maverick review Dscf1320
RayRay's Maverick review Dscf1321
RayRay's Maverick review Dscf1322
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010004
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010005
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010006
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010008
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010013
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010020
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010021
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010022
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010026
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010030
RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010031

RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010049

RayRay's Maverick review NewYears201012-31-09037

RayRay's Maverick review Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 54 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 54 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
RayRay's Maverick review Vote_lcapRayRay's Maverick review Voting_barRayRay's Maverick review Vote_rcap 
bubba53
RayRay's Maverick review Vote_lcapRayRay's Maverick review Voting_barRayRay's Maverick review Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RayRay's Maverick review

Go down 
+10
My 800
Bobby D
Carolinarhino
shawn
JimBob
Yotehunter66
Timmi
ElmoEOD
Steve K
rayray
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rayray
rayray

Number of posts : 6335
Registration date : 2010-08-15

RayRay's Maverick review Empty
PostSubject: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2014, 11:02 pm

Well, I took the Mav. out riding today to get a feel for it to see how it would do. The place that I went to has a little of everything so I got a good idea how it will do in WV.

1st the good- It didn't feel as big on the trail as I thought it would. I did get in some tight places and had to go around...but so did the RZR/XP 900 that I was following. The steering wasn't  as bad as T-bone let on. I think he is just weak.lol

The power is awesome...even though I couldn't hardly use any on those trails. I did take it on the outer trails and hammered it some. It goes from zero to OH $HIT really quick and soaked up the bumps as if they were not even there. It really has that fun factor that I was looking for.

The seats are really nice and don't hurt my back like my RZR did. The rest of the interior fits me like a glove.

Now the bad...I know it was really hot today but the heat that comes from the engine get's hot...not unbearable but still pretty bad. That will be a great thing this winter though. The cab noise is more than the RZR but not that bad.

The next bad thing is that the belt will slip easier than the rzr that I had. It slipped with me on a hill starting from a dead stop but I was in high. It was very steep also.

If it wasn't for the heat and belt issues I would give it a 10 ...but because of those issues I will give it a 8.   I can't wait to take it to WV and see how it does up there. 

Thumbs up for me...I hope it holds up to all the hoopla that T-bone talks about. .....oh....and it wasn't as hard to clean up as I thought it would be  either.
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2014, 11:07 pm

Finally, a honest and true review of the Maverick!! Way to go RayRay! I'm still undecided and the 900 S just came out.
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2014, 11:10 pm

Steve, that 900s will be tough to beat....GITCHY WUN!
Back to top Go down
ElmoEOD

ElmoEOD

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 12:01 am

And T-Bone never rides his, so it is easy to clean-up and steers easy because he sits in his garage and goes "Voom, Voom" with a BobbyD video playing on the big screen TV in front of him...  lol!  LMAO  Yahoo! 

Honestly, Glad you like it, I would be happy if I had the Maverick, no matter what I had, I would be happy... but you will get the bashers (not sure why) .... I think most are jealous
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 6:34 am

Your review is in line with everything I hear and have experienced ridingas passenger in the maverick, thanks! Like others say, the new RZR 900 S is gonna be a big hit for Polaris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Yotehunter66

Yotehunter66

Number of posts : 2119
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 6:57 am

These machines with the power they have will burn belts easily. If your're on trails where you know you won't be going over 45 then use low gear. Sounds like you had a good time and hopefully more to come.
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 8:23 am

Yeah...the belt slipping was a driver malfunction. As steep as that hill was I would have had to use low gear in my old rzr for sure. I just figured with the power the Maverick has that I could just go right up it in high.

As for the heat issue, I don't think it will be as bad in WV because of all the mud holes and creeks that we cross. That should keep things cooled down a good bit. Like I said...the heat aint that bad but when it's 93 degrees out and your crawling around on the trails it get's warm on your leg.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 11:08 am

Good review Ray Ray. I just really never notice the heat that much because they all have some heat. Its time to ride buddy!
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 11:13 am

That's because you are usually wearing your daisy duke shorts when riding.  RayRay's Maverick review 376308   I don't think that I would look too good in those kind of shorts so I will have to deal with the heat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 11:54 am

Shuuuuut. I wear my gym shorts. It's too dang hot in the summer to wear long pants
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 11:55 am

rayray wrote:
Steve, that 900s will be tough to beat....GITCHY WUN!

He won't get one. I'll bet ya 20 bucks he won't.  LMAO
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 12:49 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Shuuuuut. I wear my gym shorts. It's too dang hot in the summer to wear long pants

My shorts are made different than yours....mine covers my butt cheeks. Big Laugh
Back to top Go down
JimBob

Number of posts : 1756
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 12:51 pm

I GUESS THE MIDGET COULD REACH THE GAS PEDAL HAD ME WORRIED. WHAT THE HELL DOES T-BONE KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING. GUYS LIKE THAT DUMBASS IS WHY THE SOUTH LOST THE WAR. Big Laugh  RayRay's Maverick review 495894  dynwim 
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 1:06 pm

Thanks for the review brother
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
Carolinarhino

Carolinarhino

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 1:16 pm

METRIC OR STANDARD?   RAYRAY + SXS = BROKE

Does it have plenty of storage for tools and a extra belt? Spare Tire?

Most important!! ROOM FOR A COOLER??

Where did you go CUZ?
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 1:34 pm

Hate on cuzz....I have a seat for ya since your wife won't let you have any toys.  I may break it but at least I am getting to play.  IJS
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 1:50 pm

Damn Jody. He has your ass. Ray ray has a spare seat for u and storage for bud lite
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 3:25 pm

RayRay's Maverick review 370949    Let\'s Ride
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
My 800

My 800

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2014-06-11

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 6:47 pm

good one Good honest review.  I hope you enjoy the Maverick, there sure are a lot of them out there...MD
Back to top Go down
Carolinarhino

Carolinarhino

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 9:43 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
Damn Jody. He has your ass. Ray ray has a spare seat for u and storage for bud lite

Damn T-Bone your always talking about my ass? And I hate to bust your bubble RAYRAY! I don't want another SXS! The 2 happiest days of my life! The day I bought my Rhino and the day I sold it!! My next toy is going to be a good old 4x4 ATV or a Jeep so I can go hang out with Bobby!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 9:47 pm

U will have a side by side again. Rumors are u are getting a wildcat to haul your ass around in
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 9:54 pm

No bubble busted here cuzz...If my knees wouldn't Kill me so bad I would just keep my Scrambler. That thing is a blast!   I'm old now so I needed 4 wheels and a chair instead of 4 wheels and a bench.  lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2014, 12:53 am

Carolinarhino wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

Damn T-Bone your always talking about my ass? And I hate to bust your bubble RAYRAY! I don't want another SXS! The 2 happiest days of my life! The day I bought my Rhino and the day I sold it!! My next toy is going to be a good old 4x4 ATV or a Jeep so I can go hang out with Bobby!

lol!   or just don't spend to much on either one and have both like me  Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
jjtenkate

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-08-05

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2014, 8:56 pm

Ray Ray

Hit me up next time you get ready to go riding. I need someone to ride with now that my buddy sold his maverick.
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2014, 10:09 pm

I think I bought your buddies Maverick. Welcome to the sight by the way. We are going not this weekend but the next.
Back to top Go down
jjtenkate

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2014, 10:15 pm

Yup you are the one that bought it. Hope everything is going good with the maverick. Just went to CAW this past weekend by myself. Need some people to ride with.
Back to top Go down
rayray
rayray

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2014, 10:19 pm

Well you came to the right place...there is always someone on here riding somewhere. I think we had some people on here at CAW this weekend. We also do day rides in WV a lot. Most of the time BobbyD puts them together.
Back to top Go down
bigwahoo

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-07-01

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2014, 1:51 am

jjtenkate wrote:
Ray Ray

Hit me up next time you get ready to go riding. I need someone to ride with now that my buddy sold his maverick.
JJ-
I am over here in Raleigh and am looking for people to ride with. I head up the WV from time to time but am open.
I have a Maverick as well.
Back to top Go down
keeter

keeter

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2010-06-02

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2014, 3:59 am

JJ I too ride and camp in WV at least once a month. I live in Wallburg as do a few more on here so stay in touch and maybe we can hook up sometime and ride.
Back to top Go down
jjtenkate

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2014, 11:37 pm

No problem. I am always looking to ride. Thanks for reaching out. I have only gone to WV once and broke a tie rod. Didn't see anybody for 4 hours and won't go there without a group. I go to CAW and Busco a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RayRay's Maverick review   RayRay's Maverick review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RayRay's Maverick review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next