WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10007
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10010
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10018
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10011
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10030
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10036
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10055
Front Wheel Bearings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Front Wheel Bearings SpringRider10057

Front Wheel Bearings 100_3508
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3512
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3524
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3525
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3528
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3572
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3554
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3538
Front Wheel Bearings 100_3534

Front Wheel Bearings 106_6005-vi
Front Wheel Bearings 106_6098-vi
Front Wheel Bearings Dscf1320
Front Wheel Bearings Dscf1321
Front Wheel Bearings Dscf1322
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010004
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010005
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010006
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010008
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010013
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010020
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010021
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010022
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010026
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010030
Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010031

Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010049

Front Wheel Bearings NewYears201012-31-09037

Front Wheel Bearings Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 68 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Front Wheel Bearings Vote_lcapFront Wheel Bearings Voting_barFront Wheel Bearings Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Front Wheel Bearings Vote_lcapFront Wheel Bearings Voting_barFront Wheel Bearings Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Front Wheel Bearings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
700rhinorampage

700rhinorampage

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Front Wheel Bearings Empty
PostSubject: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2009, 12:22 pm

Well went riding over the weekend and I was about 6 miles from home when the wheel bearing went completely out. It had been screeching for the better part of the day so I took it easy. So I got a new set on order. So has anyone had to replace bearings yet? I will get some pics on how far out the tire got when I get to replacing them.
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2009, 2:07 pm

Helped a friend change some out on the trail in Brimestone Tenn. Their not too hard. How many miles do you have on yours. This was a 660 with 1500 miles and aftermarket rims and many rolls under its belt! He rode his way to long with them bad and destroyed the spendal as well. Yours should be easier because he had the bearing case egg shaped and we had to beat it back round the best we could and drive the bearings back in it. Mine has 1500 miles on it right now and I am thinking of getting a set for back up in case mine go sometime. As far as pics the tires do get to have a very nasty lean to them when the bearings go out!
Let me know the miles you have on yours if you would I am kinda worried about how fast the can go from what looks and feels ok to OH Sh!t. I don't want to do another one of these on the trail if I can help it.
Back to top Go down
700rhinorampage

700rhinorampage

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2009, 6:11 pm

I have around a 1000 miles of mud and trails along with some road riding. I have aftermarket rimes and tires on mine but no roll overs but a couple of hits on the tire. I probly got about 30 miles on mine since I heard the squeeling so I am hoping it didn't ruin the spindle. I have't torn into it yet but looking at it, it started to pull the dust seal out of the inside of the spindle torward the axle.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2009, 8:51 pm

I have replaced mine all around two times. 2900 miles on my Rhino. Below is a pic of mine after the bearings seized and came apart. My spindle, and brake rotor were trashed too.

Front Wheel Bearings Photo_083108_002
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2009, 8:57 pm

affraid i have changed the wheel bearings on my rhino 6 or 7 times if not more. you should check them every month or 2 and if there loose change them. i try to keep a new set on hand. the easiest way i have found to change the fronts is to take the a arms off and leave the ball joints alone because there a pain in the butt to get out of the spindle with out messing them up.
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2009, 11:12 pm

I know my left front tire is starting to sqeek ever now and then when I turn to the right so I don't kow if its getting ready to go but I checked them not very long ago and they were all 4 tight. The off set of the after market rims I always thought were kinda of hard on wheel bearing due to them sticking out farther and having more leverage to "work" on the bearings overtime. :152: Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 12:11 am

Another note. These bearings can be repacked. This is a video for trailor wheel bearings but it works just the same. As Bush said if there the slightest amount of play they should be changed.

http://www.etrailer.com/tv-repack_trailer_hub_bearings.aspx
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 1:04 am

Yeah but other than the normal seals you have to replace to do this job the bearings themselves have a rubber like seal on them when they are new or still in good shape. That is why they are called sealed bearings even though they still have the normal seals you install after the bearings. That makes it so you can't repack these or at least they will never last very long after you do. The bearings used on the front and the rear of these things are nothing like what you would find on your rv or trailer axle.
So I guess what I am saying while you maybe able to repack them your would be ruining the sealed bearing part and therefore they will not last long at all. Trailer axle wheel bearings are a whole different type of bearing set up. Ebay has both sides front bearing and seals for $40 shipped and both sides rear bearings and seals for $47. Pretty cheap fix in my book. Oh and yamaha wants $50+ per side so you know where I'm getting my bearings from!!

Also looked and the wheel bearing part #s from the 660s are the same as the ones for the 700s. So on ebay if it says it will only work for the 660s or 450s they just haven't done the work to see they will also work on the 700s.

I'm cheap and am always looking for the best buy even if it takes alittle of my time. Gotta love the internet you can find everthing you need at your finger tips. That I can figure out what parts work better than more parts counters can. Front Wheel Bearings 383912

Well thats my tip for the day!

Last edited by Farmer on April 6th 2009, 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 1:25 am

Farmer

i always pack grease in the new bearings. its easy to pop the seals off and put them back in the bearings. the new bearings dont have much grease in them. but i never take them out and repack them. if i take them out a new set goes in.
Back to top Go down
Gary

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 8:54 am

pivot bearing makes a good replacement at a affordable price and most parts houses can order for you or go to pivot bearing and see who your local dealer is
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 11:31 pm

Checked mine today and they are still good or atleast have no play. I'll find out this weekend on my trip. I guess I just always worried about messing up the seal. Sorry guess I was wrong. Bush did you know how many miles you were getting out of your bearings or did it have a speedo. Found ebay was a cheap place to get brakes aswell.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2009, 11:55 pm

don't know about the miles. but i ride HARD in a lot of mud and water. i get the bearings off ebay and my brakes too.

the seals on the new bearings are easy to pop off. just use a small screwdriver.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 1:44 am

Take a pick like the kind your dentist might use. You can remove the seal with out damaging them. If they are squeaking with no play, you can get some more miles out of them. But only if you repack them. If they have signs of rust go with the new ones. They can be repacked while still in the knuckle just not as well if you remove them. Sealed only means they arent readily open like a trailor wheel bearing. The process of repacking a bearing is the same, sealed or not. Here are some instructions

http://www.ty-coon.com/repack.html

Some pics

http://www.ty-coon.com/repack.html

Repacking bearings will extend the life of a bearing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 10:40 am

heres a set of rear bearings that was just a little loose. as you can see if ran for much longer they would have gave out and damaged the axle and knuckle.

Front Wheel Bearings 100_1631

Front Wheel Bearings 100_1633

Front Wheel Bearings 100_1632
Back to top Go down
700rhinorampage

700rhinorampage

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2009, 2:16 pm

Well I tore into mine and found that the bearings were blew apart I still have to get the outer bearing ring out of the inside of the spindle. Like bush said I have to replace the lower ball joint now to. I also found the both sets of front pads are shot so I had to order all that today. Any idea on getting that ring out i am going to put the heat to it when I go back out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2009, 11:44 pm

i use a piece of solid steel pipe that is about 1/2inch around and 10inchs long and very hard metal that my dad got from the mines. i just catch it on the very small lip where the bearing and spacer touch and hit it a few times with a hammer and they pop right out. works the same it the bearing is busted just catch it on the rounded part where the balls run and knock it out. i never have used heat but a lot of people use heat and it works for them.
Back to top Go down
700rhinorampage

700rhinorampage

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2009, 9:25 am

Well I had to use heat I tried everything worked great no problems. As for the bearings I took the plastic off of them and packed them with more grease like you said seems to work great now. I through it togethor to make a fishing trip yesterday, but I am now waiting on the ball joint and front brakes to come in.
Back to top Go down
Farmer

Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2009, 3:39 pm

What happened to the ball joint?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearings   Front Wheel Bearings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front Wheel Bearings
Page 1 of 1