WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10007
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10010
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10018
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10011
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10030
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10036
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10055
Commander problems with tire rods  2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Commander problems with tire rods  SpringRider10057

Commander problems with tire rods  100_3508
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3512
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3524
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3525
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3528
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3572
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3554
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3538
Commander problems with tire rods  100_3534

Commander problems with tire rods  106_6005-vi
Commander problems with tire rods  106_6098-vi
Commander problems with tire rods  Dscf1320
Commander problems with tire rods  Dscf1321
Commander problems with tire rods  Dscf1322
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010004
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010005
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010006
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010008
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010013
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010020
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010021
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010022
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010026
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010030
Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010031

Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010049

Commander problems with tire rods  NewYears201012-31-09037

Commander problems with tire rods  Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 75 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Commander problems with tire rods  Vote_lcapCommander problems with tire rods  Voting_barCommander problems with tire rods  Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Commander problems with tire rods  Vote_lcapCommander problems with tire rods  Voting_barCommander problems with tire rods  Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Commander problems with tire rods

Go down 
+4
Hoojs12840
WV Hot Rod Rhino
bubba53
Benny T
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Benny T

Benny T

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Commander problems with tire rods  Empty
PostSubject: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:20 pm

Well seen what they were talking about the tire rods this weekend on the commander. My friend had 9 hours on it was going over a 14 inch wash out on a haul rode and bent both tire rods. Also when this happend it broke the front axle at the cv joint at the spindle. So going to due some bracing on mine now before this happens to me.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:21 pm

how do you brace for that?
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:25 pm

thats a shame....them commanders cost a lot of money..
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 5386
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:25 pm

This is what we did on Jerime's practice bike ... Can-Am sent him a box of tie-rods for him to use until they get the problem fixed.

Commander problems with tire rods  Getatt16

Commander problems with tire rods  Getatt17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
Hoojs12840

Hoojs12840

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:29 pm

TBONE21 wrote:

I find when I get ready to do any thing to my SXS, I start by bracing myself like I am getting a prostate exam. Vasoline, and a firm grip on both edges of the table. Commander problems with tire rods  11069
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:32 pm

Hoojs12840 wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:

I find when I get ready to do any thing to my SXS, I start by bracing myself like I am getting a prostate exam. Vasoline, and a firm grip on both edges of the table. Commander problems with tire rods  11069

Commander problems with tire rods  36628 Commander problems with tire rods  541560 Commander problems with tire rods  335288 Commander problems with tire rods  824603
Back to top Go down
Benny T

Benny T

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:36 pm

His bent at the threads though.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:38 pm

TBONE21 wrote:

You stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass good bye Commander problems with tire rods  474532
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:39 pm

thats true but what do you do to fix something like that?
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:40 pm

commanderx wrote:
Well seen what they were talking about the tire rods this weekend on the commander. My friend had 9 hours on it was going over a 14 inch wash out on a haul rode and bent both tire rods. Also when this happend it broke the front axle at the cv joint at the spindle. So going to due some bracing on mine now before this happens to me.

Commander problems with tire rods  350969 Commander problems with tire rods  66606
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:40 pm

one of these days Bobby D........one of these days...........one day I am going to figure out your password!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

commanderx wrote:
His bent at the threads though.

So did Jerime's .... we took it all the way to the end of the threads .... been torturing it every since and it hasn't bent again. Commander problems with tire rods  722106
Back to top Go down
3012red

3012red

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:43 pm

I see that T-Bones pic of his sex change is kinda hot!!!!!! Commander problems with tire rods  474532 Commander problems with tire rods  367722
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:44 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
one of these days Bobby D........one of these days...........one day I am going to figure out your password!

Commander problems with tire rods  893177 Commander problems with tire rods  870268 lol!
Back to top Go down
Benny T

Benny T

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:47 pm

I was thinking about using a thick aluminum round stock milled out to the size of the rod and the whole length of the rod. Then use a set screw to hold it place, in case the steering box breaks I can take them off for warranty.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:52 pm

Just get it figured out before the Spring Ride I would hate for you to drive that far and have problems Commander problems with tire rods  944472
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 10:59 pm

3012red wrote:
I see that T-Bones pic of his sex change is kinda hot!!!!!! Commander problems with tire rods  474532 Commander problems with tire rods  367722

Commander problems with tire rods  474532 Commander problems with tire rods  707508
Back to top Go down
Benny T

Benny T

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 11:00 pm

No kidding that would suck Commander problems with tire rods  252323
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 11:03 pm

3012red wrote:
I'm shocked you like a set of cans. I heard u swing the other way
Back to top Go down
Rainemaker

Rainemaker

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 11:19 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
This is what we did on Jerime's practice bike ... Can-Am sent him a box of tie-rods for him to use until they get the problem fixed.

Commander problems with tire rods  Getatt16

Commander problems with tire rods  Getatt17

Hey I am the one that had the party in the front with the tie rods and axle break this weekend. I am assuming you are talking about Jeremie Dudding's practice bike? I really hope Can Am sees this as an issue and not just blow it off.

Are you using just solid steel rod for this splint? As soon as I get my bike back I am going to have to do this for sure. I can see where this could have gone really bad if I was going any faster.

I had another guy let me know the same thing happened to him and he was going a little faster. Broke the axle, spindle and tie rods. Dropped the front end and flipped him. Caused $9600 in damage and BRP would not cover it. THat got me a little nervous about the warranty claim for sure.

Here is a picture of the road, you can see my tracks in front of my machine. I was headed towards my machine when i went into a spin and ended up in the woods.

Commander problems with tire rods  Imageikp

Jeremie Dudding's practice bike? By what you said I am assuming they do see it as a problem in general or just for the sponsored racers?
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 11:30 pm

Good thing you were where you were and not on a mountain!!!

Yep ... it's Dudding's, we've worked on his bikes since before his first race on quads. I hope that Can-Am knows it'a a problem in general. We used angle for the splint. Other than the tie-rods he gives her hell and all the wheels are staying tighter than any bike I've ever seen. He's racing it at Burning Rock on Feb. 26th, if theres another weak link we'll find it then. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rainemaker

Rainemaker

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 11:38 pm

Mind if I use the pic to post on another commander forum? Been trying to give as many people a heads up as I can. It took us forever to get my bike back to the truck with a flopping tie rod, axle and wheel. Like you said it could have been worse for sure. I learned that I AM going to carry a spare set with me in the woods that is for sure. Not going to get stranded like this again, at least not for this reason anyway :).

Let us know if you find any other weak points on the bike, any heads up is much appreciated!!!

I will know Tuesday or Wednesday if BRP is going to fix it under warranty.

Anxiously awaiting the results of the race on the 26th. Hope he knocks it out of the park for us!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2011, 11:46 pm

No problem ... you can definitely use the pic. Make sure you let 'em know that this is how us hillbillies in WV are fixing it at the JBS SXS shop. lol! We're tryin to get him ready for the race ... check out his practice bike build thread under can-am ... we've worked on it all weekend, it's lookin pretty sweet! Too bad your not a little closer ... you could join us for the fun on the 26th.
Back to top Go down
Rainemaker

Rainemaker

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 12:05 am

One other question about the splint, are you putting the angle on the top or bottom of the tie rod? Or does it really matter. I know you can spin the tie rod around just wasn't sure if it made a difference where it ended up once you adjust the tire alignment.

I will absolutely give you credit for this. Always try to give credit where it is due.

And man it would be so worth it if I could talk the better half into letting me go! It would be about a 5 hour drive to Tams for me.

I can't think you enough for this info. Love my machine, just can't afford to keep throwing money at it to stay on the trail. I need the money for all the upgrades!!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 12:21 am

We left it in the very back ... pointed towards the firewall.

No problem, anything to help keep a SXS on the trail longer lol ... anytime you have questions dont hesitate to ask!
Back to top Go down
Rainemaker

Rainemaker

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 12:56 am

Awesome info man much appreciated!! Checked out the build thread and wow, nice work!!

Thanks CommanderX for letting me know about this thread.
I have some angle in the basement ready for my baby to come home and weld on :)
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2011, 2:41 am

TBONE21 wrote:
3012red wrote:
I'm shocked you like a set of cans. I heard u swing the other way

Commander problems with tire rods  474532 You go Tbone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commander problems with tire rods    Commander problems with tire rods  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commander problems with tire rods
Page 1 of 1