WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10007
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10010
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10018
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10011
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10030
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10036
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10055
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. SpringRider10057

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3508
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3512
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3524
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3525
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3528
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3572
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3554
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3538
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 100_3534

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 106_6005-vi
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 106_6098-vi
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Dscf1320
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Dscf1321
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Dscf1322
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010004
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010005
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010006
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010008
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010013
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010020
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010021
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010022
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010026
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010030
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010031

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010049

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. NewYears201012-31-09037

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Vote_lcapI need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Voting_barI need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Vote_rcap 
bubba53
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Vote_lcapI need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Voting_barI need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Empty
PostSubject: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2009, 11:47 pm

Never been there before and will be coming south on I-77. How far is it from the Beckley exit? Right at 200 miles from my place to Beckley so we'll need recommendations on a place to stay. Can't tow my camper and rhino at the same time. Nads not near big enough for that! About how long does it take from the Beckley exit and do you guys stay in the Beckley motels when down there?
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 12:16 am

Woodtick, the Wagon Wheel area is about 30ish miles South of Beckley. Most of the people I ride with stay at www.atvresort.com. You will see some refer to this as the KOA (they dropped the franchise so now its Ashland Resort) Here are the directions from their website.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS

Ashland Resort is located a short drive from I-77 in southern West Virginia near Princeton and Bluefield.
The resort is 6.8 miles east of Northfork on WV State Route 17, also known as the Northfork-Ashland Road, and 26 miles west of the I-77 Bluefield Interchange on US Route 52.

From Interstate-77, take Exit 1, follow Truck Route US 52 N through Bluefield to US 52 North 26.3 miles to Northfork, make a sharp turn north on County Road 17 (Northfork-Ashland Road). Continue traveling on County Road 17 another 6.8 miles to the entrance of the Ashland Resort campground.

Note: Please follow the directions above. Certain web mapping sites (MapQuest, etc.) navigate through dirt roads and may not be accurate!

Please pay attention to that last part, DO NOT trust websites or GPS for directions, you will NOT like the way they take you.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Hey Neuromax, & others, another question please.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 1:52 pm

If the "Wagon Wheel" area ISN'T part of the H / M trail system, who owns all that ground? Do you need anyones permission to ride there? Is there a way for a first timer like myself to find himself in trouble for being somewhere he isn't supposed to be? Last thing on earth I'm lookin for is a good ass chewin or worse.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 2:14 pm

Woodtick wrote:
If the "Wagon Wheel" area ISN'T part of the H / M trail system, who owns all that ground? Do you need anyones permission to ride there? Is there a way for a first timer like myself to find himself in trouble for being somewhere he isn't supposed to be? Last thing on earth I'm lookin for is a good ass chewin or worse.

The land belongs to big Corporations like Bluestone Coal,U.S. Steel, etc: I have been riding there 7 years and some locals have told me they grew up in the 50' & 60' there riding dirtbikes all over that area.I have logged over 20,000 miles in that
area and only had a problem one time I ended up near this guys house and he said I was on his land but he did not have anything posted or I would have never got that close to his house
I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 988103
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 2:30 pm

You will not have any problems there, there are very few places that are posted. When you see a posted sign, don't cross it and you will be fine. One thing I would caution you about up there is not to ride alone. I know Bobby rode up there many years and many times alone but unless you have a great sense of direction it's easy to get turned around up there.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 3:05 pm

Yea I'm I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. 459534 I never carried extra gas,tire plugs,12 volt compressor,tools,etc: not even a GPS and still don't use one scratch

Last edited by Bobby D on February 17th 2009, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Thanks guys. A lot of the land we ride on up here in our area   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 3:58 pm

belongs to what used to be "Westvaco" (Don't know what their new name is, but they've been bought out 2 or 3 times since) I've checked with local DNR office and it's okay to ride the marked roads (mostly mud) as long as a gate is open. (big orange gates) What they worry about is folks getting off those old roads and making trails through their dang Pine trees. I sure have no lost love for them. They rape this state like there's no tomorrow. They cut down (clear cut) all the oak, hickory, beach, walnut and anyother nut bearing hardwood and re plant with those damn pine trees that nothing can eat. The wildlife habitat that we've lost to them is awful. And to top it all, they pay next to NO TAX. They own 57% of all real estate in Wirt County and pay only 17% of the counties real estate tax. Okay, I'll come down off of my soap box now! Here endeth the sermon!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2009, 11:32 pm

Woodtick wrote:
belongs to what used to be "Westvaco" (Don't know what their new name is, but they've been bought out 2 or 3 times since) I've checked with local DNR office and it's okay to ride the marked roads (mostly mud) as long as a gate is open. (big orange gates) What they worry about is folks getting off those old roads and making trails through their dang Pine trees. I sure have no lost love for them. They rape this state like there's no tomorrow. They cut down (clear cut) all the oak, hickory, beach, walnut and anyother nut bearing hardwood and re plant with those damn pine trees that nothing can eat. The wildlife habitat that we've lost to them is awful. And to top it all, they pay next to NO TAX. They own 57% of all real estate in Wirt County and pay only 17% of the counties real estate tax. Okay, I'll come down off of my soap box now! Here endeth the sermon!

:128: lol!
Back to top Go down
Jeff M

Jeff M

Number of posts : 1777
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 11:19 pm

Hey Bobby me and a few friends are planning a days ride at Wagon Wheel March 7 and none of us has ever been there do you know the best way for us to get there where coming from Roanoke up route 460 any help would be appeciated Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 11:36 pm

[quote="Mudytoyota"]Hey Bobby me and a few friends are planning a days ride at Wagon Wheel March 7 and none of us has ever been there do you know the best way for us to get there where coming from Roanoke up route 460 any help would be appeciated Thanks.[/quote

Rt460 from Blacksburg into Princeton,Wv and then it will depend on where you want to park and ride from.How many you got going and are you the only one riding a sxs?
Back to top Go down
Jeff M

Jeff M

Number of posts : 1777
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2009, 7:18 am

I will be the only RZR and 3 others on quads and wanting to park around the Wagon Wheels store if there is a place to unload from there.Thanks
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2009, 1:57 pm

Mudytoyota wrote:
I will be the only RZR and 3 others on quads and wanting to park around the Wagon Wheels store if there is a place to unload from there.Thanks

Here are the directions from the Wagon Wheel web site http://wagonwheelpinnaclecreek.com/_wsn/page4.html I usually take North 71 and go thru Montcalm it's about 7 miles shorter than going down to Northfork and in.I have been parking at the H/M parking lot in Ashland it' nice and graveled and has a nice restroom and from there you can ride the rode through Crumpler and 4 miles you are at the top of the Stairsteps.Check with me if you need a guide because i may be riding that day too.
Back to top Go down
700rhinorampage

700rhinorampage

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2009, 1:56 pm

Anyone have a mpa they can post on the areaand the best places to get in.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2009, 7:35 pm

700, I don't know of any maps of the area but if you go to this link https://wvsxsriders.forumotion.com/west-va-wagon-wheel-f19/links-to-places-around-the-wagon-wheel-area-t130.htm

You will find links to most things in the area. If you are looking to ride the HM trails go to that link for info. If you are wanting to ride the "outlaw trails" around the Wagon Wheel area there really is no place to get off and on, everywhere you look is a trail. Just park the truck and start riding. Come on to the group ride in April and we can show you around some.
Back to top Go down
700rhinorampage

700rhinorampage

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2009, 9:34 pm

I will see if I can make it it all depends on work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.   I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some directions guys to the Wagon Wheel Area.
Page 1 of 1