WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10007
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10010
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10018
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10011
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10030
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10036
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10055
Pitbull Rockers 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Pitbull Rockers SpringRider10057

Pitbull Rockers 100_3508
Pitbull Rockers 100_3512
Pitbull Rockers 100_3524
Pitbull Rockers 100_3525
Pitbull Rockers 100_3528
Pitbull Rockers 100_3572
Pitbull Rockers 100_3554
Pitbull Rockers 100_3538
Pitbull Rockers 100_3534

Pitbull Rockers 106_6005-vi
Pitbull Rockers 106_6098-vi
Pitbull Rockers Dscf1320
Pitbull Rockers Dscf1321
Pitbull Rockers Dscf1322
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010004
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010005
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010006
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010008
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010013
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010020
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010021
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010022
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010026
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010030
Pitbull Rockers Springride2010031

Pitbull Rockers Springride2010049

Pitbull Rockers NewYears201012-31-09037

Pitbull Rockers Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 59 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Pitbull Rockers Vote_lcapPitbull Rockers Voting_barPitbull Rockers Vote_rcap 
bubba53
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pitbull Rockers

Go down 
+7
bubba53
bigben129
keeter
jbeane
Bobby D
Thunter
Hump
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 1:43 am

I'm telling you now, these tires are freakin bad! I tried this climb several times, and hit it hard enough to almost flip over backwards with my S. After the front would set back down, the bighorns would just spin. All day long on the slippery trails I was sliding all fours in the turns trying to keep up. Terry was just cruising along like a grandma on a Sunday drive, while I was driving the wheels off mine.

I had my camera in my pocket, so no video of my attempts. Pitbull Rockers 27585

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 8:26 am

That hill looked like nothing. Funny how pics and videos never do anything any justice. I hope the Rockers last as long as a Bighorn, but even if they don't I will still buy more. They are unreal!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 5:44 pm

Pitbull Rockers 733430 Pitbull Rockers 332799
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
jbeane

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 12:55 am

look like they clean out pretty good
Back to top Go down
Hump

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 5:10 am

jbeane wrote:
look like they clean out pretty good

That they do. I wish I had video of my several tries. I hit it 6 or 7 times hard with tires in the air and just spun. I know Bighorns are not a mud tire, but there was no comparison what so ever. On the wet trials with a soft surface, I was in a 4 wheel slide all the time, while those Pitbulls were tracking straight with no slip. They are a mean tire, and seem to be well mannered on smooth trails at higher speeds too.
Back to top Go down
jbeane

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 8:27 pm

i havent looked them up but do they make them in 12" and in atleast 27"?

any idea how they hold up? punctures/mileage.

i really like the looks of the sedona ripsaws, the guys weve rode with love them in the wv trails, BUT my dad just bought some for his new terex, and i mounted them. they are heavy as hell.

one other guy just put some procomp tires on his comander and they are a real good looking tire, but only come in 26"X14"
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 9:12 pm

jbeane wrote:
i havent looked them up but do they make them in 12" and in atleast 27"?

any idea how they hold up? punctures/mileage.

i really like the looks of the sedona ripsaws, the guys weve rode with love them in the wv trails, BUT my dad just bought some for his new terex, and i mounted them. they are heavy as hell.

one other guy just put some procomp tires on his comander and they are a real good looking tire, but only come in 26"X14"

The Pitbull tires run in half sizes, 25.5, 26.5 and 27.5. I'm not sure if they have a size bigger than 27.5. However the biggest Rockers you can get is 26.5, which is just over 27 inches tall. If you want the 27.5, you gotta get the Growlers. The Pitbulls are a pretty heavy tire, as they are an 8 ply tire. I really liked the looks of the Rockers and wanted a set for quite a while. I didn't pull the trigger on a set because so many riders didn't like the weight and I let that influence my decision. After following Phimixson on a ride and he was running the Growlers I saw all I needed to see. He would rip right through stuff in 2wd that I could not get through with my Bighorns in 2wd.

After having some seat time with them they are unreal. They clean out really quick, but more than that is how well they grab stuff. The tread is very soft and flexible and you can't even count all the different biting edges on them. Comparing them to my Bighorns, well thats not even fair to the Bighorns. lol! This past weekend Hump was climbing out of a ditch in 2wd, it was very slick and thick clay. He was spinning but his RZR was going backwards. After he put it in 4wd and moved on I went through in 2wd and never even spun. Actually they keep suprising me on every ride. I just hope they last as long as my Bighorns did, time will tell. Sorry to write so much but I wanted to give an honest review.
Back to top Go down
jbeane

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 9:50 pm

i too have listend to everyone complain/compare about the weight of tires.

i want to go a inch bigger atleast. they say the bighorns measure bigger so since i have 26's now id need atleast a 27" tire to be the same. so its a good thing that the pitbull's are half sized and over sized.

whats the opinion on the growlers VS the rockers?

as for wear if there super soft then surely they will wear faster, but how fast is the question.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 10:03 pm

I don't know how fast they will wear. I have right at 500 miles on mine right now and see almost no noticeable wear. The tread depth on the Rockers is 1 1/8", so I figured when I bought them I had 1/4" of tread to wear off before I got to the tread depth of a new set of Bighorns. lol! The height of a set of 26.5 Rockers is 27.2"

As for comparing them to the Growlers, I really don't know. I know from watching guys running the Growlers that they get awesome traction, much like the Rockers. The dealer I bought them from said the Rockers tend to last a little longer than the Growlers, but thats not first hand knowledge. I don't think you would go wrong either way. For me I just like the look of the Rockers better than the Growlers, but thats just my personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 10:11 pm

I looked the price of these tires up affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Thunter

Thunter

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2012, 10:22 pm

Bobby D wrote:
I looked the price of these tires up affraid

Yep the price is painful!!! lol! I gave $710.00 for mine after tax. I was gonna buy another set of Bighorns and they were gonna cost me $620.00 after tax. So I figured whats another 90 bucks. I will tell you that I will spend the money to buy another set. They are that good. But thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 3:47 am

Side by side = seperate savings account for mods and maintenance. Pitbull Rockers 514110
Back to top Go down
keeter

keeter

Number of posts : 933
Registration date : 2010-06-02

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 8:54 am

Yea I'm gonna say that the Bighorns are a great tire especially out toward Moab but places like Wv where you have all types terain the Pitbulls and tire like them do a lot better. I ended up going with Interco Reptile 27 x 12s on my RZR and haven't looked back since, I was convinced when i had to rail run a log over a washout on 9 Mile ridge above Pinnacle Creek campground that i had a tire I needed for my type riding. Like has been mentioned i rarely have to go in 4 WD unless its a deep mudhole!
Back to top Go down
bigben129

bigben129

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2011-02-09

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 9:49 am

philmixon put a huge hole in the sidewall of his growler this weekend. 5 plugs and SLIME and it was still leaking LOL so phil is gonna need a Pitbull Rockers 214993

i went ahead and ordered the GBC dirt tamers Cause funds are low right now. we will see how they do
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 10:56 am

From what I have seen slime and plugs don't mix. Ask Jimbob about the plugs we put in one of his sidewalls. The plugs would not stick, when we put pressure on the tire they just slid right out. The plugs will not adhere very well with slime.
Back to top Go down
jbeane

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 11:25 pm

i will seriously consider the pitbulls. if there that much better than the bighorn.

i ride anything you can think of in wv, and hit plenty of sloppy mud. i very rarely use 4wd with the big horns.

only been stuck a couple times.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 12:54 pm

Pit bulls are 8 ply and they are Pitbull Rockers 231577
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 4:15 pm

Everything I've read on other sites is that the Pit Bulls hook up great. The gripe is power robbing weight and that they make it tough to spin around the back end of the machine with.

What I read out of those descriptions is that they must be ideal trail and mud combo. I'd like to hear more about toughness and lack of sidewall punctures. Also durability would be nice, but if the tread compound is softer, it's going to wear more. The fact that the tread depth is deeper is going to offer some additional life though.

Will be interesting to see how the Pit Bulls perform and last going forward.

Someone mentioned the Sedona Ripsaws. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/50/82/177/744/-/30668/Sedona-Rip-Saw-R-T-Radial-ATV-Tire I also liked the look of these for a trail tire. Reviews I read on these said that at speeds over 50 they vibrated. I'm wondering if some of that could be mitigated by having them balanced when mounted. The price isn't too bad on them.

Others I like the look of are the STI Black Diamonds. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/50/82/177/744/-/31262/STI-Black-Diamond-XTR-Radial-ATV-Tire Complaints are it rides a little rough and not a grippy on hard packed. I guess not enough surface area on hard packed. I'd think lowering tire pressure would help the ride since they are radials. I have beadlocks so I can probably lower a little bit more without much risk of unseating a bead.

Kenda Bearclaw radial looks like it would be a great all around tire. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/50/82/177/744/-/31976/Kenda-Bear-Claw-HTR-Radial-ATV-Tire

One last trail tire that caught my eye is the Maxxis VIPR. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/50/82/177/744/-/31976/Kenda-Bear-Claw-HTR-Radial-ATV-Tire Pricey, but I suspect that since it is the same mfgr as the Bighorn that it will have similar ride characteristics, ie., comfortable. Looks like it might have a little more mud capability and bite but primarily what I like about it over the Bighorn is the directional tread. That has always been my biggest beef with the Bighorn. You don't notice it as bad in a RZR as you do in a higher profile SxS. I like that they were designed specifically for a SxS. The only thing I see now as I look back at them is that they are only available for 14" wheels. That will rule them out for me as I have 12" beadlocks and am not looking to change wheels.

Thanks for the video and if anyone has any input on any of these others, I'd be interested to hear it. I'm in no hurry as the Bighorns work well on the RZR, just keeping an eye out is all.
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 5:19 pm

I just bought tires last weekend in prep for the spring ride. I too was going to get the rockers but the dealer was out of the size I needed. HE then showed me a set of ITP Blackwater Evolutions. They are 8 ply, with 1 inch lugs, the side walls are reinforced to resist puncture. I haven't had a chance yet to run them but I will post up after the spring ride of what I think of them. If you are going to the ride look me up and check them out. Here are some pics of them https://wvsxsriders.forumotion.com/t7786-brand-new-tennis-shoes
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 10:47 pm

They look good Rick. Thanks for letting us know about them. I wish I was going to be at the spring ride but alas I will be with my family at the beach for Easter. Keep us posted on how they work for you. I like the directional tread. If they are tough and durable, I think they could be a contender!
Back to top Go down
jbeane

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2012, 11:49 pm

my dad has the rip saws on his terex. havent used them off road yet but they deff vibrate a bunch over 35-40 mph. his terex tops out about 50ish. and they are shaking like crazy at 50.

i thought it was where its been setting for a couple months, but if others are reporting it then they might need balanced.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 12:03 am

jbeane wrote:
my dad has the rip saws on his terex. havent used them off road yet but they deff vibrate a bunch over 35-40 mph. his terex tops out about 50ish. and they are shaking like crazy at 50.

i thought it was where its been setting for a couple months, but if others are reporting it then they might need balanced.

Yeah, I think I read that on RZR forums. Maybe not too bad on some machines, but on an XP that is capable of 70+ (not that I've even exceeded much over 50 on mine), it might be better to consider another tire. It looks like a great trail tire pattern though.
Back to top Go down
pit dog

pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 9:44 pm

My growlers have 1300 miles on them. Very little wear. Pit bull has a patent on the rubber compound. They are a little heavy. And on the rockers you will see the lugs start chipping & splitting.I done 27.5 X 9 all around. love them. Paid 560 on the porch 18 mo ago. Also have great rim guardss
Back to top Go down
opelgt73

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2011-06-13

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 10:46 pm

I have Rockers bought them after the fall ride last year when I ripped a hole in my stock tire (Thanks again RAY RAY for the use of the tire). I like them and they are heavy but I don't really notice any difference other than not being able to slide the rear around because they hook up to good.
Back to top Go down
Tiger Rag

Tiger Rag

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2012, 11:03 pm

opelgt73 wrote:
I have Rockers bought them after the fall ride last year when I ripped a hole in my stock tire (Thanks again RAY RAY for the use of the tire). I like them and they are heavy but I don't really notice any difference other than not being able to slide the rear around because they hook up to good.

That's exactly what I've read about them. Could be a good thing unless it is because they are so heavy. I would think you'd feel more acceleration if they are hooking up like is reported.

I have definite interest in this tire.
Back to top Go down
jbeane

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2012, 12:45 am

local dealer carries the efx tires. motomtc.

this is the one weve been looking at. very similar to a big horn but with deeper lugs and a lil more side bite.

http://cocomponents.com/dealer/portfolio/efx-motomtc-atv-tire/

the dealer has a couple set out on pipeline/gas line atv's and utv's and have zero complaints so far.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2012, 7:39 pm

Tiger Rag wrote:
opelgt73 wrote:

That's exactly what I've read about them. Could be a good thing unless it is because they are so heavy. I would think you'd feel more acceleration if they are hooking up like is reported.

I have definite interest in this tire.

It is definitely more of a chore to get the rear end to break free with my Rockers. However it has nothing to do with tire weight. They just grab everything in sight. Ask someone who has rode behind them for awhile. I can't speak about the Growlers but I have followed someone who was running them and they seem to do the same thing. I have 500 miles on my Rockers now and have zero wear on the fronts. I do have a very minimal amout of wear on the rear. Of course I have a heavy foot, even on pavement. lol!

There are alot of good tires out there. Those ITP Blackwater tires look pretty nice and the tread is very soft. Looking forward to hearing from Rick V as to how they do. Also like the Grim Reapers somewhat. I will not go back to a 6 ply tire though. I want heavy sidewalls and a durable tire, with an agressive tread and a soft rubber compound. But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pitbull Rockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitbull Rockers   Pitbull Rockers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pitbull Rockers
Page 1 of 1