WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10007
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10010
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10018
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10011
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10030
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10036
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10055
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? SpringRider10057

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3508
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3512
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3524
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3525
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3528
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3572
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3554
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3538
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 100_3534

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 106_6005-vi
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 106_6098-vi
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Dscf1320
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Dscf1321
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Dscf1322
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010004
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010005
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010006
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010008
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010013
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010020
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010021
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010022
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010026
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010030
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010031

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010049

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? NewYears201012-31-09037

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Vote_lcapWonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Voting_barWonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Vote_lcapWonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Voting_barWonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??

Go down 
+9
Pops
Gary
bubba53
Wingman
punder
RickV
shawn
Hump
simoniz
13 posters
AuthorMessage
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Empty
PostSubject: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 2:43 am

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? 07060910
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 3:50 am

I don't know, but I think it should be ok as long as you are not overweight. A few big trucks have two trailers.

It will be a lot easier to tow it and find out it's illegal, than to try to find out if it is ok.
If you call the wvdmv 20 times, I bet you anything you will get 20 different answers.

trust me
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:06 am

NOW THAT WOULD BE A CHALLENGE .
NOT SURE IF ITS LEGAL, BUT I SEE A SET UP LIKE THIS ABOUT 4-5 TIMES A YEAR ROLL INTO THE ASHLAND/WAGON WHEEL (WV).

Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:49 am

I'm going to be trying it soon! Guess I will find out!
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:53 am

I think in WV you have to have a CDL with doubles endorsment. Big Laugh
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:59 am

Just get you a 80 ft trailer and a Tractor ....... single drive axle ..... plus that set up you will be unable to back ( unless it is just straight/ and lucky ) , or a Bus .
Back to top Go down
Wingman

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 9:35 am

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

This may give you the information you are after.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 10:45 am

I think in NC it is not legal
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 11:06 am

I was told in NC ..it is legal...if you pull the trailer with a fifth wheel...the reason I know is I use to have a travel trailer and I wanted to do the same thing...after talking to the NCDMV...they said no..
Back to top Go down
Gary

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 12:10 pm

Va, it depends upon the trooper.Where they get you at is designated route
Back to top Go down
Pops

Pops

Number of posts : 1259
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 2:20 pm

If the trooper in Virginia is by the book, it's not legal to piggy back trailers. they also have a lenght limit. But I see them hauling piggy back all the rock buggies up and down 23 to Kentucky with Tennessee plates.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 3:36 pm

Its not legal in NC, when you see rigs like that in NC they are just passing thru, if its legal in your home state NC will not have an issue with it. The law works the same for window tint, if its legal in your state to blackout the windows NC wont issue a ticket.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 3:56 pm

bubba53 wrote:
I was told in NC ..it is legal...if you pull the trailer with a fifth wheel...the reason I know is I use to have a travel trailer and I wanted to do the same thing...after talking to the NCDMV...they said no..

No to a travel trailer but yes to a fifth wheel?

Quote=http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

This say in NC the total length can not be over 60"ft. I don't see how that can be correct, 40' toyhaulers are pulled all over the state, if you pull them with a 4 door dually, the duallys are 26' ft. long...
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 5:23 pm

Mark so what are you buying now? I hear you have a new RZR 4 & a new S so where are the pictures lol! besides the one in your avatar
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 5:57 pm

I really have not taken any pictures yet just a couple with the cell phone. I not buying anything else lol... My dad is buying a new truck and toyhauler.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 7:42 pm

simoniz wrote:
I really have not taken any pictures yet just a couple with the cell phone. I not buying anything else lol... My dad is buying a new truck and toyhauler.

Good for your Dad thumbs up Is he going to start riding again and if so whats he going to ride?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
3012red

3012red

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 8:59 pm

simoniz wrote:
bubba53 wrote:

No to a travel trailer but yes to a fifth wheel?

Quote=http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

This say in NC the total length can not be over 60"ft. I don't see how that can be correct, 40' toyhaulers are pulled all over the state, if you pull them with a 4 door dually, the duallys are 26' ft. long...
But the 5th wheel hitch is in front of the rear axle and not on the bumper, and the trailer hitch is under the camper nose.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 9:11 pm

Bobby D wrote:
simoniz wrote:

Good for your Dad thumbs up Is he going to start riding again and if so whats he going to ride?

Yea he is going to start riding a lot more often. He will be riding with me or one of my machines.
Back to top Go down
pit dog

pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 9:41 pm

About 10 days ago. I was heading north on I-79,outside of charleston. And passed about 28 ft camper and a 12 ft trailer.From ohio. Even looked pretty stable. I had to do a double take.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 9:43 pm

i will check the VA code book.

but you probobly will not get in trouble unless you get in a crash.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2010, 9:45 pm

10-4 Bush
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??   Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wonder if this is legal in NC,Va, and WV??
Page 1 of 1