WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10007
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10010
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10018
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10011
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10030
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10036
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10055
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! SpringRider10057

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3508
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3512
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3524
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3525
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3528
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3572
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3554
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3538
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 100_3534

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 106_6005-vi
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 106_6098-vi
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Dscf1320
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Dscf1321
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Dscf1322
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010004
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010005
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010006
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010008
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010013
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010020
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010021
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010022
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010026
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010030
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010031

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010049

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! NewYears201012-31-09037

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Vote_lcapClean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Voting_barClean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Vote_lcapClean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Voting_barClean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Empty
PostSubject: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 1:03 pm

In spite of having to be towed back to the rode I had a great time riding with all of you. I want to thank everyone for putting up with me and my WC on Saturday and for getting me back to the road! I will do everything in my power to be sure those issue don't crop up again. The last thing I want is to have to change my name to "Tow Rope". Next ride I'll bring the some beer! (remind me so I don't forget)

I am still sorting out the electric issues but I have no codes this morning but didn't try to start the machine.  I may throw a code when I turn the key to actually start it. I want to clean up those connection good and apply so di-electric grease (which I was supposed to do last week) before I try to start it. I an going to revisit Groundhog's post on this before I go much further.

I was able to get the passenger seat out...if anyone else has the seat release break off, you need to drop the skid plate and remove the nut (15mm) that holds the seat post in place, after that, getting the post off the seat is easy.  Now I just need to replace that lever. I don't dare go out if I can't get to the fuses...not with my luck.

I need new rain gear....who knew bright yellow was no longer fashionable! Not sure if Hulk pants are the answer but I will come up with something! 

I did decide while spending hours with the hose that maybe hitting every mud hole is not the best way to ride. There are plenty of holes you can't avoid...make the most of those. I don't think there was a single place of my WC that was not covered in mud.

I also discovered that when you walk into a gas station late at night with you face covered in mud..they will let you use their employee only bathroom.  Not sure if it was out of pity or fear but at least I got to go.  I didn't realize just how dirty I was until I went into a McDonalds closer to home....got some looks there as well.

Is there a place online to order the seat release lever?

Last edited by BadOleRoss on December 15th 2013, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
big g

big g

Number of posts : 3689
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 1:32 pm

is the wildcat still cutting off thinking about getting one most connectors do not give touble sounds like u are doing nothing out of the ordnary to have problems
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:00 pm

I have been fighting 2 issues. The first was a dealer mistake where they did not connect one of the lines that are attached to the battery. The terminal was hidden under the battery boot and I missed it was well. That is why mine was cutting off and losing power. The other issue that is a very easy fix and I understand that this has been addressed on newer machines involves the 3 plugs on the back left side of the machine. Dirt/Mud get in them and they start throwing codes and the machine either doesn't run or runs poorly. I am in the process of cleaning mine out right now and if that does not fix it I will let the dealer look at it. In all honesty, I had read about both of the problems I have experienced and thought the battery was OK but the hidden connector got me. The plugs on the back....I knew about them and just forgot to put di-electric grease in them.  It is a great machine. IMO, the best out there!
Back to top Go down
Rick S

Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:07 pm

IHY Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 755864 luv my cat
Back to top Go down
big g

big g

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:09 pm

Ross your my hero if it was mine i would b mad as hell and giving ARTIC CAT an ear full
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:15 pm

They were know problems and I failed to address them. If cleaning the connections does not clear the codes I will be taking it back to the dealer but it will be more of a learning experience. I will educate   them on the plugs and the battery connections.  This was the first WC this dealer ever sold....I can only be so upset! I feel worse that the other guys/gals had to tow me in......
Back to top Go down
big g

big g

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:26 pm

Ross is yours a 2013 or 2013 1/2
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:35 pm

Ross hate you had problems but we had 78 miles of riding in when we got back to the main road so it was a good day I had fun.It could of been anyone's machine that had a problem it's just part of riding with a group things are going to happen from time to time but it's pretty rare.I'm sure once you clean the connectors and grease them I doubt you will have anymore problems.

You remember me asking you if you wanted to clean your face it looked like you came straight out of a coal mine it was so black lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Cale

Cale

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:47 pm

We had a great time too and it was nice meeting you. Hope you get it figured out.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:52 pm

big g wrote:
Ross is yours a 2013 or 2013 1/2
 2013, still has the wet clutch and I understand the plug issue I am dealing with was fixed on the 2013.5s.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 2:54 pm

Cale wrote:
We had a great time too and it was nice meeting you. Hope you get it figured out.
 Thanks again for the ride back to the Jeep!
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 3:17 pm

Not a problem at all. We had some bad luck of our own on the way home. Had a tire blow out on the trail right before the last toll booth just south of Charleston and dummy me didn't have a spare Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 387450 
Long story short ended up pulling it flat for about 1 mile to the toll booth and leaving the rzr on the trailer there beside the road until this morning. We stayed at a hotel in Charleston and got up this morning around 8 and went to Walmart to get a new tire. Just got home around 12:30pm today. I will never go without a spare again! We didn't get to bed until around 3:30am after everything and we had gotten up at 4 that morning to ride. We had a blast riding though!!
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 3:23 pm

Sorry about you bad luck Cale my wife said she liked riding with you & Stacey
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 5:06 pm

Brother Ross, stuff happens and it happens to most of us.... hang in there.Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 300984 IHY
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 5:25 pm

Cale wrote:
Not a problem at all. We had some bad luck of our own on the way home. Had a tire blow out on the trail right before the last toll booth just south of Charleston and dummy me didn't have a spare Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 387450 
Long story short ended up pulling it flat for about 1 mile to the toll booth and leaving the rzr on the trailer there beside the road until this morning. We stayed at a hotel in Charleston and got up this morning around 8 and went to Walmart to get a new tire. Just got home around 12:30pm today. I will never go without a spare again! We didn't get to bed until around 3:30am after everything and we had gotten up at 4 that morning to ride. We had a blast riding though!!
 Damn, that stinks. Take a look at this jack that I carry with my trailer.  I have not put it to use yet but for the price I thought i'd give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 5:45 pm

Just purchased Jack Ross, will give it shot, who knows, may be able to use on trails with my AC X in emergency as well as trailer jack?
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 5:45 pm

You rode with Bobby with out fender flares??ROFL Just kidding.  I know adding these accessories takes time and money.  We were breaking seat latches on the rzr's also.. Use the latch to release it and then some other part of the seat to lift it out. I blew a trailer tire south bound on Rt. 81 going to a ride.  I had a spare and had it replaced in about a half hour.  But then I didn't have a spare. Still had about ten hours of towing to go.  Made me nervous.  I stopped in the next town and got another spare. Don't like traveling on Sundays.  About the only thing open is Walmart if you can find one.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 6:02 pm

groundhog wrote:
You rode with Bobby with out fender flares??ROFL Just kidding.  I know adding these accessories takes time and money.  We were breaking seat latches on the rzr's also.. Use the latch to release it and then some other part of the seat to lift it out. I blew a trailer tire south bound on Rt. 81 going to a ride.  I had a spare and had it replaced in about a half hour.  But then I didn't have a spare. Still had about ten hours of towing to go.  Made me nervous.  I stopped in the next town and got another spare. Don't like traveling on Sundays.  About the only thing open is Walmart if you can find one.
 I have Andy putting me a set of flares together right now. I was looking at the other machines toward the end of the ride and was noticing I seem to be covered in more mud.  I am not sure if it's my riding style or the flares. At the end of the day, my WC looked like this......
Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! 9487402895_e0e9edf03d" />
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 6:04 pm

Billy wrote:
Just purchased Jack Ross, will give it shot, who knows, may be able to use on trails with my AC X in emergency as well as trailer jack?
 I have thought about that as well but wonder how the A-arms or axles will hold up to the weight? I have a 48" hi-lift mounted on my cage right now.
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2013, 6:17 pm

Bobby D wrote:
Sorry about you bad luck Cale my wife said she liked riding with you & Stacey
 Stacy said the same thing about you guys. It was my own stupid fault for not have a spare, never happen again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2013, 9:03 pm

Cleaned the connections and still getting the codes (P0336/P0337). It runs better but stalls every time I put my foot on the brake. Got it loaded up and will drop it off at the dealer tomorrow. I will also let them replace the broken seat latch if they will do it under warranty even though I have one ordered. I can use the one I have ordered as a spare. Dealer said it might be a week before they can look at it and I am guessing another week for parts. It really works out okay after taking a look at my work schedule.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2013, 9:10 pm

Ross who is your dealer??
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2013, 9:15 pm

Hate you have all those problems. I am sure they are very frustrating. I'm sure it will get all ironed out though. We pay too much to have all of those problems.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2013, 9:16 pm

Wildcat1 wrote:
Ross who is your dealer??
 Outback Motor Sports in Amherst VA
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2013, 9:22 pm

Sounds like a stator code to me, pretty simple fix,
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitimeAugust 12th 2013, 9:28 pm

Wildcat1 wrote:
Sounds like a stator code to me, pretty simple fix,
 Yeah, that's what I have been reading. When I get those flares/bumper from you I have an idea for tool storage I want to run by you too see what you think.....don't let me forget!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!   Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clean up, repairs, and lessons learned!
Page 1 of 1