WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10007
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10010
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10018
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10011
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10030
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10036
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10055
Demo Ride Review 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Demo Ride Review SpringRider10057

Demo Ride Review 100_3508
Demo Ride Review 100_3512
Demo Ride Review 100_3524
Demo Ride Review 100_3525
Demo Ride Review 100_3528
Demo Ride Review 100_3572
Demo Ride Review 100_3554
Demo Ride Review 100_3538
Demo Ride Review 100_3534

Demo Ride Review 106_6005-vi
Demo Ride Review 106_6098-vi
Demo Ride Review Dscf1320
Demo Ride Review Dscf1321
Demo Ride Review Dscf1322
Demo Ride Review Springride2010004
Demo Ride Review Springride2010005
Demo Ride Review Springride2010006
Demo Ride Review Springride2010008
Demo Ride Review Springride2010013
Demo Ride Review Springride2010020
Demo Ride Review Springride2010021
Demo Ride Review Springride2010022
Demo Ride Review Springride2010026
Demo Ride Review Springride2010030
Demo Ride Review Springride2010031

Demo Ride Review Springride2010049

Demo Ride Review NewYears201012-31-09037

Demo Ride Review Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Demo Ride Review Vote_lcapDemo Ride Review Voting_barDemo Ride Review Vote_rcap 
bubba53
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Demo Ride Review

Go down 
+8
mrwvsportsman
Hump
Randy R
big g
Mothgrey
pit dog
Reynolds716
Bobby D
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 1:23 pm

Found this posted on the Arctic Cat Forum….

I went to the demo ride at Rausch Creek in PA yesterday, and just wanted to give a quick impression on the machine. First things first, the guys at Cat were awesome and really knew their stuff about this machine and the competition. I'm sure they didn't want to go back out for another 15 minute ride in the 20 degree weather, but they did anyway and I appreciated that! On the machine itself, there were 3 things that really stood out to me:

1) The machine is very solid. The demo machines had around 400 miles on them, and they made no noise (other than the engine) whatsoever. We were riding in 4WD in about 6 inches of snow, and there was no noise whatsoever from the suspension, bushings, or drivetrain. It really is to the extent that it stood out to me while I was driving. It's not something you appreciate until you experience it, but it is nice!

2) The EFI and clutch tuning seem right on point. I've never been in any SxS with such a direct feeling from the gas pedal to power at the wheels. Throttle response is excellent, and the clutch grabs HARD and puts down power right away. It was hard to get a good feel for acceleration in the snow, but that little machine was moving better than I expected. The girlfriend said she saw 44mph indicated on the dash at one point. Granted, this probably isn't accurate because of the snow, but I honestly don't think we were far off.

3) Steering. I really liked how quick the steering rack is. I could keep both hands planted on the wheel and never really felt the need to cross my hands up. Some the the trails were very tight, and a lot of steering input had to be exaggerated because we were running 4WD in the snow, but I still never got too busy in the cockpit. I remember running a RZR 50" in the snow being a handful - the Wildcat Trail is not.

We did run through some pretty rough stuff, and the suspension felt good. It was hard to get a good feel in the snow, but it soaked up smaller stuff pretty well. I did try to make it bottom through some harsher hits and wasn't able to. Brakes work much better than the 1000 Wildcat. Body roll felt very, very minimal, and getting the narrow machine sideways in the snow and ice didn't feel sketchy at all - even at 40mph down a rutted out snow covered "road". The ground clearance feels huge for some reason - I was driving over things I thought would surely drag, but didn't. Also, the exhaust note is much better than the Polaris parallel twin. It's similar, but has a much better tone. 

The girlfriend did take some video, which I will try to upload to youtube later if anyone's interested. 

I really couldn't pick out any bad points. If I had to, I'd say the interior quality isn't up to par with the WC 1000, however, I was told there would be some improvements since the machines there were all pre-production.

The bed was about the size of the full size WC, maybe little smaller through the center and not as deep. Big enough for a small cooler and then some. It didn't look like the plastic was quite as sturdy in the bed as the bigger machine either, but again, these were pre-production units.

Plastic skids, but about the same quality as the stock 1000, which is good.

Seats felt awesome, good quality and very similar build to 1000, but smaller. It did have 2 cup holders inside on either side of the tunnel. Same glovebox setup as the larger machine, but they got rid of the junk door and replaced it with a net. The shifter felt really solid, too. Better than both the bigger WC and the RZR. Shift pattern is the same as the RZR.

When we showed up at around 1:30 we were the only ones there, but apparently they had around 17 people show up before then. The guys from Arctic Cat seemed very excited about it, and they said the more people ride them, the more optimistic they are. They wanted me to point something out I didn't like, and I really couldn't find anything. The machine is near spot-on for what I would want in a 50" at that price. They definitely, hands down built the best performing 50" machine available. I can say that without hesitation.

I really have a hard time making a guess on the tires. It looked like there was plenty of clearance at lock for 26" tires with larger lugs, but you may have to run higher offset wheels to go bigger than that. Also, the steel wheels looked sweet.

Also, the machine comes with a 2" hitch AND they are working on plow setups.

Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 3:16 pm

Good Post 
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Reynolds716

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 3:21 pm

Thanks for the write up and video. A friend and I are suppose to go up in Ohio this Saturday for the demo ride I am hoping they still have it I know they are calling for rain this weekend.
Back to top Go down
pit dog

pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 5:17 pm

Demo Ride Review 733430
Back to top Go down
Mothgrey

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 11:08 pm

Nice write up thanks
Back to top Go down
big g

big g

Number of posts : 3689
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2013, 11:33 pm

Good Post I would like to try one out
Back to top Go down
Randy R

Randy R

Number of posts : 775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2013, 1:01 am

I reeally am intersted in testing one.  Narrow has it's advantages.  That means I can go faster in the woods.  Where a 64" will fit a 50" will fit faster...
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2013, 5:13 am

sounds like it's going to be a winner.  May be a great machine for the trails we ride.  Only thing as far as how it performs that I would be concerned with is ground clearence.  In the pics it looks low as a standard rzr and it has a longer wheelbase.  In most cases though, a little more speed or picking the right line will take care of that.

Somebody buy one.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2013, 9:37 am

My mother in law is hopefully trading her Ranger on one. If she does I will talk her into letting me bring it to Bergoo in the spring and we will try it out. $500 down (or take possession of your trade) before Jan 1 and you get the first ones delivered and either $500 Cat Cash or 18 months of extended warranty.
Back to top Go down
cmck141

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-01-16

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 5:04 pm

Hey guys, that was my original post.  If anyone has any questions, let me know.  I don't check this forum as much as I should, but you can email questions to corey@xps-usa.com 

Randy R's statement is exactly correct - there were trails we were running at speed that I would have a hard time fitting through in my Prowler, let alone a 1000 WC.  This thing rips through the tight stuff - it's a good combination of motor response, clutching, and quick steering.

I'm going to the demo in Northfork, WV at Ashland Resort on January 6.  Anyone else going?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 7:17 pm

I will be there with a buddy on Tuesday. I pretty much talked him into waiting on the Wildcat Trail to come out instead of going with the 570!
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 8:43 pm

If I had known this was coming this soon I would have waited a year and got the trail instead of the 570 too. Maybe I wait and get a big cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Anonymous

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 20th 2013, 9:07 pm

I love my WC!
Back to top Go down
Rick S

Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2013, 12:49 am

Thanks for the video ross
Back to top Go down
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2013, 1:48 am

Good video and review. Thanks for sharing.  thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Demo Ride Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demo Ride Review   Demo Ride Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demo Ride Review
Page 1 of 1