WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10007
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10010
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10018
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10011
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10030
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10036
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10055
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS SpringRider10057

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3508
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3512
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3524
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3525
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3528
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3572
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3554
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3538
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 100_3534

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 106_6005-vi
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS 106_6098-vi
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Dscf1320
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Dscf1321
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Dscf1322
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010004
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010005
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010006
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010008
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010013
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010020
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010021
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010022
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010026
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010030
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010031

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010049

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS NewYears201012-31-09037

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 67 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Vote_lcapNewbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Voting_barNewbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Vote_lcapNewbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Voting_barNewbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS

Go down 
+8
kmccauley
Hump
Bobby D
bigwahoo
big g
Timmi
My 800
fish4bass101
12 posters
AuthorMessage
fish4bass101

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-08-25

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Empty
PostSubject: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 8:16 pm

I am from Crab Orchard, WV. I am new to this site and actually will be new to a SXS in a few days. I grew up in the mountains in my Jeep CJ's. That was before the days of ATV's. I bought a three-wheeler when they first came out and bout killed myself on it a few times so I bought a fourwheeler when they came out and still own one. I have decided to get a side-by-side for my retirement gift to myself and start riding the trails...if my aching back will let me. So here is a question for the experienced riders of this site. Which SXS rides the best and would be recommended for an old guy like me with a bad back? I know there will be a few different opinions on this but these things cost so much that I sure don't want to buy one that I can't ride. Any advice is certainly welcome. I've been watching some WVSXSRIDERS videos and hope to join you guys on some rides.
Back to top Go down
My 800

My 800

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2014-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 8:51 pm

Welcome To the Forum, enjoy the information and fellowship...MD
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 8:55 pm

Welcome to the site! My dad is from Daniels. 
I would suggest the Polaris Rzr S model, the Arctic Cat wildcat, Can am commander to start. There are others that members may suggest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
big g

big g

Number of posts : 3689
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 9:41 pm

welcome to the sight ,wildcat 1 lives in the same area as u do he has a wildcat that u could check out the wildcat does ride pretty good and it does not beat u up as bad but there r a bunch of great sxs out there it all depends what kind of riding u r into
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 9:54 pm

I have a bad back as well. I had mine operated on several years ago and it still acts up from time to time. Because of this, I went with the Wildcat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 10:10 pm

RZR 1000 and maverick has the best ride out there. I would suggest going to look at them all and make a decision on what you like. Good luck and hope to see u on the trail
Back to top Go down
bigwahoo

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 10:51 pm

I will go with 'best' as being very subjective to the guy writing the check. I can say I cracked a lower vertebrae (motocross) many years ago and can only stand in the same place about 5 min before I start shifting my weight around and all kinds of stuff, so no stranger to back oddities. I own a Maverick and have been pleased, but took several for a spin. The RZR seat just didn't fit me. I highly recommend taking any you are seriously considering for a short ride.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 2:51 am

Welcome to the site. I would look hard at the RZR 900 S Polaris just came out with.The Maverick & Wildcat ride really good.I owned a Wildcat 1000 and put about 1500 miles on it before the motor had a problem and once it was fixed I sold it so I know they ride great.I have also driven the Maverick & Commander and the Maverick rides much better in my opinion.I also owned a 800 RZR S and put close to 4500 miles on it and it rode good.I now have a Wildcat Trail 700 and I'm amazed how good it rides for what it cost.It all depends on how much money you want to spend.The RZR XP 1000 ride awesome too.I would try to drive all of the ones you are interested in before you spend your money and be disappointed .
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 2:59 am

Get one you feel comfortable setting in. That is real important with a bad back. Unfortunately, I know. Any of these machines can be made to ride like a Caddy with a high dollar set of shocks, but if you are going to just buy something new and not spend tons of cash on shocks, go with something known to ride smooth. How many miles you are planning to ride also matters when it comes to reliability of the machine. The longer machines tend to ride a good bit smoother than the shorter ones. Every one of these can ride very smooth if you slow way down for the rough stuff. No matter what one you pick, you are gonna be blown away by how much smoother it rides than a quad. I've heard from several people that the mavericks ride very smooth and can be had for a decent deal if you shop around. Both Wildcat and Wildcat trail should do you good also when it comes to ride smoothness. That may be the top three in smoothness from what I've been told. Any sxs will ride way way smoother than any Jeep or quad.
Back to top Go down
kmccauley

kmccauley

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 8:03 am

I think you will like the SxS.  I have a significant pelvic injury that irritates my SI and manifests as lower back pain.  A day on my wheeler will irritate it, a day in my SxS won't.  That said, there are a lot of good SxS options... but it's like a pair of boots.  Try as many of them out as you can & buy the one that fits and feels the best to you.  I have a Rzr 800 S [recently replaced by the impressive 900 S] that has upgraded PRP seats & am really enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2010-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 8:21 am

Another great option is the RZR 800 XC which has the upgraded shocks and the upgraded PRP seats that kmccauley mentioned.  You may be able to find a good deal on one that is left over.  They ride very nice and those seats don't even compare to a standard rzr seat.  Very nice on the back.  If you wanted to go the RZR S route, you could always upgrade the seats if you weren't happy with them.  Personally I think my teryx seats are very comfortable and the ride isn't bad for what it is.  If you are looking to just ride and not work the machine, then there are plenty of options out there.
Back to top Go down
fish4bass101

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 11:09 am

Thanks for the replies. Lots of good advice here. I have looked at most of the ones mentioned and had narrowed it down to the RZR, Wildcat Trail, Commander XT, and a Polaris Ranger EPS. Nobody mentioned the Ranger though. The main reason I was considering it was that I could take the grandkids riding from time to time in it with the bench seat. The dump bed would be usefull at times too. I didn't know the RZR models rode that much different either until you guys mentioned the S model. Looks like it has more suspention travel than some of the other model RZR's. That is good to know. I may have to look a little harder at the Wildcat Trail since it was mentioned several times and I found that it cost less. I was offered a decent deal on a Wildcat and a leftover Ranger EPS but I want to buy something that I can ride with the least amount of pain regarless of price. The Commander seats sure sit good but they are pricey and a little harder to get in and out of but I haven't ruled them out. Anyway, thanks for the help. Always good to get advice from someone with experience with them. These things are not cheap and I want something to ride, not just an expensive yard ornament. I plan to buy something within the next month so I am still looking at my options and will listen to any advice. Thanks
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 11:34 am

If you are considering a Ranger then you may want to consider the Yamaha Viking also. It should prove to be more dependable than the Ranger in the long run. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Yotehunter66

Yotehunter66

Number of posts : 2119
Registration date : 2011-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 9:08 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 2:58 am

If you want seating for three, hands down the viking is the winner. It should ride pretty good being the wheelbase is longer than the rhino. Maintenance will be very minimal compared to most everything else. And, if for some reason it doesn't have enough beans for you, JBS has some performance mods for it that will get you rolling faster. They are just a little wide, but so is the ranger with a much higher seat height. Viking wins over Ranger, that's a no brainer, even if it costs you a little more.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 8:12 am

I agree about the Yamaha reputation for reliability but I would still choose the Ranger for myself. Viking is longer and wider, no adjustable seat, no glass window option, no power steering option, no rim/tire option, 20 hp less. The Viking needs more options to be competitive.
Back to top Go down
kmccauley

kmccauley

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 8:23 am

I'd put a middle seat in that 900 S for the kids and love it.
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 9:40 am

kmccauley wrote:
my friend wants to do that. how does it fasten? do you have any photos of it?
Back to top Go down
kmccauley

kmccauley

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 10:16 am

Timmi wrote:
kmccauley wrote:
my friend wants to do that. how does it fasten? do you have any photos of it?

I'd have one for my 800 S Timmi if I wouldn't have to give up my PRP seats.  Our kids would love it.  Those standard seats in the new 900 S are more comfortable than the old standards in the 800 S IMO... which would allow a comfy seat plus the middle seat.

This is the one I would get though for the 1K or the new S.  Looks like it has its own mounting system and harness.

http://www.utvgiant.com/rzrxpcesewh.html
Back to top Go down
mrwvsportsman

mrwvsportsman

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 10:33 am

Poor kid would have to be tiny to ride on that.  And wore out by the end of the day.  I was looking at getting a 570 a few years ago and doing this for our daughter.  So glad I went with the 4 seat Teryx instead!  She would have outgrown it in a year or less.  Drive em all and buy what suits your needs!  That's the beauty of having a fairly diverse market!  There is something out there that will suit your needs without sinking a ton of money into it.  But then, that's half the fun....making it your own.
Back to top Go down
fish4bass101

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 11:36 am

I ran across a real deal on a leftover 2013 Teryx 750 SE yesterday. Any thoughts on them..ride, quality, etc?
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 12:17 pm

fish4bass101 wrote:
I ran across a real deal on a leftover 2013 Teryx 750 SE yesterday. Any thoughts on them..ride, quality, etc?
they are reliable, ride is fair, about like a Rhino. I don't know about a third seat option. not knowing the price, I am thinking for very little more money you could buy the Teryx 800 2 seat which has much better features.

Last edited by Timmi on August 28th 2014, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmccauley

kmccauley

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 12:31 pm

fish4bass101 wrote:

Did they let you take it or one similar to it for a spin to see how it felt to you?
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 1:02 pm

Welcome and the information your getting is true. Need to try as many as you can out 1st. I have had several machines through the years & understand one thing, get what makes you feel comfortable. I recommend a machine with gas shocks and plenty of wheel travel.
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 10:18 pm

Welcome  Good luck with your decision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS   Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie to WVSXSRIDERS and new to SXS
Page 1 of 1