WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10007
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10010
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10018
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10011
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10030
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10036
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10055
So which GPS and software are you using?? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
So which GPS and software are you using?? SpringRider10057

So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3508
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3512
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3524
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3525
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3528
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3572
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3554
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3538
So which GPS and software are you using?? 100_3534

So which GPS and software are you using?? 106_6005-vi
So which GPS and software are you using?? 106_6098-vi
So which GPS and software are you using?? Dscf1320
So which GPS and software are you using?? Dscf1321
So which GPS and software are you using?? Dscf1322
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010004
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010005
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010006
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010008
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010013
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010020
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010021
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010022
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010026
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010030
So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010031

So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010049

So which GPS and software are you using?? NewYears201012-31-09037

So which GPS and software are you using?? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 52 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
So which GPS and software are you using?? Vote_lcapSo which GPS and software are you using?? Voting_barSo which GPS and software are you using?? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
So which GPS and software are you using?? Vote_lcapSo which GPS and software are you using?? Voting_barSo which GPS and software are you using?? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

So which GPS and software are you using??

Go down 
+24
rampage309
killlerskunk
ruauman2
wvregulators
DIESEL
RickV
handymancanfixit
CommAndrew
jbeane
RHarrah
Big Jake 1637
rotten-rhino
Firepup
launch22
Bobby D
Slopoke
ckbetz
wacker
Jesse67
neuromax
cpanderson
bubba53
trailrider2
simoniz
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

So which GPS and software are you using?? Empty
PostSubject: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:02 am

I have all Lowrance products but I am getting ready to migrate to Garmin I beleive. Probably going to get a Garmin 276C. But might get a Nuvi 500.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:13 am

Garmin 60CSX
Topo 100k
City Nav 2010
Mapsourse on the Cumputer
Various free topos from the interweb
Ram Mount
Back to top Go down
trailrider2

trailrider2

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:17 am

Garmin Rino 530 and mapsource, have had it well over 2 years and I'm still learning how to use it. So which GPS and software are you using?? Lol

Everything looks great on a computer screen but when you're trying to view it on a 2x2 screen it's a whole different story. I think I have it just about licked though.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:18 am

Folks, throw the prices in on what you got too and where you purchased it. Might help others get a better deal.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:24 am

Garmin 60 CSX $299 (color)
Saw it at Bestbuy for $239 2 months ago (B&W)
http://www.thegpsstore.com/ This is a North Carolina based company.

Last edited by Mikebike4 on December 14th 2009, 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:28 am

Garmin etrex vista. (300.00 4 years ago.) mapsource topo.(100.00 4 years ago. I have not used it in about a year. I am very satisfied with it. So which GPS and software are you using?? 926115
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:31 am

Great info. guys... Keep it coming!!
Back to top Go down
cpanderson

cpanderson

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:32 am

I have a Garmin GPSmap 378 with mapsource Topo maps as well as mapsource bluecharts for the boat. Get a GARMIN and So which GPS and software are you using?? 643556
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:40 am

Garmin 60csx
various free topo maps found on the net
Ram mount

Its a great GPS that uses AA batteries or you can plug it into 12volt. Battery live is LONG too!
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:41 am

Hope to pick up a Garmin this week.
Back to top Go down
Jesse67

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:47 am

Here's what i use...

The Sun (priceless)
The Horizon (acheiveable)
The Moon (market price for cheese)
The Guy leadin' me around (6 Pack)

BTW, I'm lost right now, HELP.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 12:57 am

Garmin 60CSx ~ $249 Bass Pro Shop 2 1/2 years ago
Garmin MapSource on DeskTop at home & LapTop for traveling.

Ram Mounts from GPSCity.com for the truck, ATV, sport quad
and RZR including rollbar and suction cup camcorder mounts.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 1:00 am

jesse67, you know how to save a buck, don't you. Yahoo!
Back to top Go down
ckbetz

ckbetz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 2:20 am

Is anyone using an Iphone for maps? There are several different apps you can download for those and I'm just curious how well they work. I have motionx gps on mine but haven't bought a mount or really been anywhere to use it yet.
Back to top Go down
Slopoke

Slopoke

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2009-08-02

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 7:44 am

I have a Garmin 530HCx site to store from Wallyworld.
I have two ram mounts one larger one on the left cage above the steering wheel. and a smaller mount from my grizzly on the T-handle.
I have Mapsource and several other programs including HFM.
Not sure how much $ b/c it was a Christmas gift, but I think it was around $350.
I like this unit because it also has a two way radio and if you get seperated from the group it also has a polling feature that relays your position if you enable the feature.
I can also recieve gps tracks from others then download them into my computer, personalize them if I choose and then upload them to my gps.
I did learn a few lessons at Thanksgiving....don't filter a long track lower than 500 points or you may not have enough points left to follow the track...but it will be close.

The best gps IMO is just to follow Bobby D. So which GPS and software are you using?? 39556
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 8:42 am

Again, great info... Keep it coming....
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 8:21 pm

Who needs a GPS So which GPS and software are you using?? 545418 So which GPS and software are you using?? Lol I will get around to getting one some day So which GPS and software are you using?? 706639 So which GPS and software are you using?? 583686
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 10:27 pm

I said that for a long time too but I go off too far now and it really helps you find a shorter way back. I just get a little bored riding the same stuff.
Back to top Go down
launch22

launch22

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2009, 11:07 pm

ive got the nuvi. it works good for me, i like the trip log. you dont have to worry about going down trails you dont know. if it ever quit on me i would be screwed though!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 2:37 am

i have a garmin etrex that i have used once at the wagon wheel following bobby but i dont think there is anyway to put them on the computer.
Back to top Go down
Firepup

Firepup

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2009, 7:46 am

launch22 wrote:
ive got the nuvi. it works good for me, i like the trip log. you dont have to worry about going down trails you dont know. if it ever quit on me i would be screwed though!

Launch22 , Which Nuvi you have? Mine is a 255W and I was wondering if I can download trail maps to it. I also have a Legend Etrex but I like the larger screen of the nuvi.

Steve
Back to top Go down
rotten-rhino

rotten-rhino

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2010, 1:07 pm

lowrance 540 in the rhino. I think i will use an iway or xog in the rzr.
also using the lowrance topo maps
Back to top Go down
Big Jake 1637

Big Jake 1637

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 12:50 am

At work i use the Garmin 76CSX ($299) and my personal are the Garmin Rhino 130s. Both are loaded with Garmin Mapsource Topos. Used the Rhino for 96 mile ride today in all terrains and covers and worked GREAT!!!! Also, the 130s have a built in Radio to talk to other riders, and can located each other in case of getting seperated. They are great if you have hunting partners.
Back to top Go down
RHarrah

RHarrah

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:20 am

Jesse67 wrote:
Here's what i use...

The Sun (priceless)
The Horizon (acheiveable)
The Moon (market price for cheese)
The Guy leadin' me around (6 Pack)

BTW, I'm lost right now, HELP.

LOL, mine too
Back to top Go down
RHarrah

RHarrah

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 10:21 am

simoniz wrote:
I have all Lowrance products but I am getting ready to migrate to Garmin I beleive. Probably going to get a Garmin 276C. But might get a Nuvi 500.

Which Lowrance unit are you using?
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 11:08 am

I was using a Lowrance Expedition Hand held and then the Lowrance EOG. I made the switch to Garman (Oregan 400) and Map Source software. Love it!!
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeJune 20th 2010, 6:33 pm

I have the nuvi 500, and love it
Back to top Go down
jbeane

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 4:11 pm

ok i read through most of this. still is hard to make a decision.

whats the easiest to use? i just want a simple water proof/resitant gps, that i can go riding with and be able to find my way back out.

id like to be able to posibly record and upload the maps for later use as well.

im brand new to the gps world. ive used basic navigation in the truck, but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
CommAndrew

CommAndrew

Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 4:46 pm

I have the Garmin 62st. It does a good job tracking where we have been and is pretty easy on batteries.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2011, 7:35 pm

Whatever came with my nuvi is what I'm using. Works good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So which GPS and software are you using??   So which GPS and software are you using?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So which GPS and software are you using??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next