WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10007
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10010
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10018
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10011
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10030
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10036
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10055
Which Rzr to purchase? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Which Rzr to purchase? SpringRider10057

Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3508
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3512
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3524
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3525
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3528
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3572
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3554
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3538
Which Rzr to purchase? 100_3534

Which Rzr to purchase? 106_6005-vi
Which Rzr to purchase? 106_6098-vi
Which Rzr to purchase? Dscf1320
Which Rzr to purchase? Dscf1321
Which Rzr to purchase? Dscf1322
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010004
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010005
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010006
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010008
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010013
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010020
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010021
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010022
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010026
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010030
Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010031

Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010049

Which Rzr to purchase? NewYears201012-31-09037

Which Rzr to purchase? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 59 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Which Rzr to purchase? Vote_lcapWhich Rzr to purchase? Voting_barWhich Rzr to purchase? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Which Rzr to purchase? Vote_lcapWhich Rzr to purchase? Voting_barWhich Rzr to purchase? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Which Rzr to purchase?

Go down 
+5
Bobby D
KickitNCRZR
simoniz
porkchop
Steve K
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Which Rzr to purchase? Empty
PostSubject: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 6:00 pm

OK, guys and girls, I have been a lurker here for a little while trying to learn as much about Rzrs as I can before I bite the bullet and purchase one. Right now I am in the "get rid of debt and save money" stage of the purchase. I do get some pleasure sitting in front of the computer with my helmet on watching your video but thats another story. My question is basically which Rzs to purchase to ride the Wagon Wheel and Hatfiled McCoy trails. I really want an S but will go with the 50" if I lose too many trails. Having never been on those trails I have no idea if the 10" difference is a big deal. Looking at all of the pics from the fall ride, I see plenty of RzrS out there so I am guessing not. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Steve K

Steve K

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 6:25 pm

If you can afford it, get the S! It will go anywhere the regular RZR will go. Just gotta be more aware that it is a lil wider. Most of the RZR have spacers and are not stock, so I bet no one is 50 inches wide. I had a 09 RZR LE and I think it was around 56 inches with spacers and ITP rims. Now have a S and love the S! Lot of the guys here will say the same the went from the regular RZR to the S.
Back to top Go down
porkchop

porkchop

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 7:31 pm

WELCOME TO OUR ADDICTION ! JUST GET SOMETHING AND RIDE BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS A WORK IN PROGRESS REGUARDLESS OF WHAT YOU GET ! I THINK EVERYBODY HERE WILL SECOND THAT !
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 7:39 pm

I want to make sure I get the right "something" and then I will add to that. Heck, I already have a list. If a Rzr S will work on the Wagon Wheel and the hatfield McCoy trails that is the direction I will go in. It makes sense to have the added suspension and ground clearance. I still have some bills to take care of before I can make a purchase I was just tired of going back and forth between the models and not knowing the trails. I will get there!
Back to top Go down
porkchop

porkchop

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 8:04 pm

either one is fine , I have seen stock rzr's on the trails with out a lift kit and done fine but had to pick their line a little better ! now the rzr s have the better susp. package and will probally do better . width really is not a problem on the trails in question but if you ever go out west that is a different story , I think they are a little more strict about the width . HOPE THIS HELPS
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 8:30 pm

Go for the S if you can. I bought a stock and do good but would like to have some of the S goodies! Either way you will have fun!
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 9:28 pm

I've got both. Get the "S"!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 9:45 pm

I have been biting my nails on the choice of a side by side myself and I went with the 2011 rzr s and I love it...I think I made the right choice... Fast and real smooth ride
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 10:17 pm

Cant wait untill the time comes but for now I will just have to sit back and soak in your stories, pictures and videos. I am also putting together a pretty decent list of the do's and dont's when it comes to DIY stuff and all of the aftermarket parts. It seems like they automatically double the price on the aftermarket stuff as soon as the RZR name goes on it. Thanks for the input, an S it will be.
Back to top Go down
KickitNCRZR

KickitNCRZR

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2010, 10:45 pm

simoniz wrote:
I've got both. Get the "S"!
Which Rzr to purchase? 916441
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 4:09 pm

Dewey and Sissy, I received your PM but cant respond until I get 20 posts. It's nice to know that there is someone close. Maybe we can take a road trip once I get in the seat.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 9:17 pm

We got another member on here machinest0u812 that also lives in Lynchburg,Va
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 9:51 pm

get the rzr s...you won't be sorry.
Back to top Go down
Dewey & Sissy

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 10:34 pm

ALL US LYNCHBURG AND BEDFORD SXS RIDERS NEED TO HAVE A CONVOY HEADIN TO WV.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2010, 10:51 pm

Well, when the time comes count me in. Right now, gotta save some $ and get rid of some bills.
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 12:10 pm

HAD AN LE RZR (THAT I SOLD TO DEWEY & SISSY --FAMILY DISCOUNT) --
I ADDED MANY MODS TO & STILL WAS WHEN I SOLD IT.

NOW HAVE AN 09' RZR S. WISH I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE S TO START OUT WITH.
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 4:46 pm

Well, it's good to hear that I have done my research and come to the right conclusion. I was originally thinking a standard rzr with a 2" lift and spacers but then decided that an S was probobly the way to go. I went through about every video I could find of the fall ride sitting there going standard, S, S, S, standard.....seeing just who had what. I even considered a Rzr4 for a while but I dont have young children and I think it's underpowered for 4 overweight adults.....
Back to top Go down
wvdreamingrzr

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 8:38 pm

i got the 4 same width as s
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 10:15 pm

Yes, I understand the 4 is the same width as an S but it is 24" longer, 100 or so pounds heavier and with 4 grown adults onboard would add anoth 400 pounds give or take. The the same motor as an S, I am worried about a lack of power. I think if we were talking about two adults and two children it would be great, just not with 4 adults.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2010, 11:40 pm

I just home from Lynchburg Va.. I've got a "S" and a "4". The "4" has plenty of power. I had 3 big guys in mine 2 weeks ago and we hauling. Sure it's not going to have the same up hill acceleration as the "S" but its still plenty fun with plenty of power. You could always clutch it if needed more acceleration.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 5:36 pm

How is the Rzr4 as far as manuvering on the HM/WW trails? The wife (she who must always be obayed) really likes the Rzr4 but I dont want to get out there and realize that with 4 overweight old people I am underpowered and oversized for the HM/WW trail systems....
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2010, 11:49 pm

BadOleRoss wrote:
How is the Rzr4 as far as manuvering on the HM/WW trails? The wife (she who must always be obayed) really likes the Rzr4 but I dont want to get out there and realize that with 4 overweight old people I am underpowered and oversized for the HM/WW trail systems....

Chappy's RZR 4 went every where we did at the Fall Ride the 2 days he rode and we had chainsaws ready if we needed to do some trail trimming but we never had to cut anything for his RZR 4 to keep going.I know there where some tight places he had to maneuver a little slower than the majority of us but made it fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitimeOctober 25th 2010, 7:24 pm

Good to know, I really am leaning toward the Rzr4 at this point. It seems the pro's outweight the con's. I must figure out a way to get my butt in the seat quicker. Might have to pick up another job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Rzr to purchase?   Which Rzr to purchase? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Rzr to purchase?
Page 1 of 1