WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Communication while you ride SpringRider10007
Communication while you ride SpringRider10010
Communication while you ride SpringRider10018
Communication while you ride SpringRider10011
Communication while you ride SpringRider10030
Communication while you ride SpringRider10036
Communication while you ride SpringRider10055
Communication while you ride 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Communication while you ride SpringRider10057

Communication while you ride 100_3508
Communication while you ride 100_3512
Communication while you ride 100_3524
Communication while you ride 100_3525
Communication while you ride 100_3528
Communication while you ride 100_3572
Communication while you ride 100_3554
Communication while you ride 100_3538
Communication while you ride 100_3534

Communication while you ride 106_6005-vi
Communication while you ride 106_6098-vi
Communication while you ride Dscf1320
Communication while you ride Dscf1321
Communication while you ride Dscf1322
Communication while you ride Springride2010004
Communication while you ride Springride2010005
Communication while you ride Springride2010006
Communication while you ride Springride2010008
Communication while you ride Springride2010013
Communication while you ride Springride2010020
Communication while you ride Springride2010021
Communication while you ride Springride2010022
Communication while you ride Springride2010026
Communication while you ride Springride2010030
Communication while you ride Springride2010031

Communication while you ride Springride2010049

Communication while you ride NewYears201012-31-09037

Communication while you ride Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 49 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Communication while you ride Vote_lcapCommunication while you ride Voting_barCommunication while you ride Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Communication while you ride Vote_lcapCommunication while you ride Voting_barCommunication while you ride Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Communication while you ride

Go down 
+3
pushrod
Bobby D
RZRCRAC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RZRCRAC

RZRCRAC

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Communication while you ride Empty
PostSubject: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 2:16 pm

The guys I have rode with in the past we all had FRMS/GMRS radios.

When we rode ATVs we used the handhelds but found CB style when we went to SXS.

This is what the Ridgerunners use.

Do you all have radios or use something else? If not, pointless for me to bring mine.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 2:18 pm

Yes bring your radio I have a handheld we will use them on the group ride :158:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
pushrod

pushrod

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 2:53 pm

bobby, i have the small hand held motorolas, ( like the walkie talkie with several channels) , is that what you use?
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 3:13 pm

pushrod, thats the kind most of us use.
Back to top Go down
Wingman

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 4:05 pm

We have used the small handhelds at Windrock. We installed a CB for when we ride at Uwharrie. That way we can tell when the trucks and Jeeps are nearing the bottom of Daniel. We set at the top and watch!!!!
Back to top Go down
700rhinorampage

700rhinorampage

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 5:08 pm

Yeah I have one I just need to get thed headset unit for it works great with a big group so no one gets left behind
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 5:26 pm

I have thought about a CB but no one I ride with has one so it would get quiet talking to myself any more than I already do. Communication while you ride 924720
Back to top Go down
RZRCRAC

RZRCRAC

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 5:52 pm

I love my radio it's works like a CB but has all the advantages of FRMS.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 7:13 pm

I have these

http://www.midlandradio.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5554
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
RZRCRAC

RZRCRAC

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 8:00 pm

This is similar to what I have http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Communications/Land_Mobile_Radio/Business_n_Industry/TK-863G

Somehow they work great with the two way radios. We had issues with the headsets and our helmets
Back to top Go down
pushrod

pushrod

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 10:06 pm

thanks max!!
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2009, 10:39 pm

INDRZR wrote:
This is similar to what I have http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Communications/Land_Mobile_Radio/Business_n_Industry/TK-863G

Somehow they work great with the two way radios. We had issues with the headsets and our helmets

Looks great but I am too scared to spend that much money on a radio for the trail. I have had hit or miss issues with the helmet headsets and pretty much given up on them. Is this radio loud enough to hear over the engine noise?
Back to top Go down
RZRCRAC

RZRCRAC

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 10:40 am

neuromax wrote:
INDRZR wrote:

Looks great but I am too scared to spend that much money on a radio for the trail. I have had hit or miss issues with the helmet headsets and pretty much given up on them. Is this radio loud enough to hear over the engine noise?

Yes and the radio cost $100 last year. The Midland handhelds were $40 + headsets that didn't work to well. However I do like the Midlands when driving down the road.

I turned the radio updise down so the speaker would be face down. Also mounted the radio to the roof
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 11:14 am

$100 isn't bad, the prices I was seeing on them were closer to $400. You have a link to where you bought yours. I like that!
Back to top Go down
RZRCRAC

RZRCRAC

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 5:08 pm

Yeah let me call my friend who got them. I agree I would never pay $400 for a radio I am far to cheap lol

It came with antenna, mic and mounting bracket
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2009, 5:38 pm

INDRZR wrote:
Yeah let me call my friend who got them. I agree I would never pay $400 for a radio I am far to cheap lol

It came with antenna, mic and mounting bracket

Sounds great. Can you hear it ok with a helmet on, is it loud enough?
Back to top Go down
RZRCRAC

RZRCRAC

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2009, 8:38 pm

Ok found out the deal on these things.

It is a kenwood tk 860 which you have to buy from a Kenwood dealer to program the FRMS / GRMS channels which apparently is no big deal them - difficult for us normal people to get the software.

The newest model is the tk 863, but I say several TK 860 selling on ebay for less than $50.

Sorry I was unable to find a onestop shop that has the full kit. My friend said you could put a kit together (programmed radio, antenna, mic) shipped to you for $225 seems steep to me, probably can deal with him 502 442-3698

I wish I could find an easy source and post a link.

Yes, it is loud, hard to hear anything though if you have the RZR wide open. Normal driving you could carry on converstations while riding if inclined.

I changed from a full face helmet to a half helmet when I got the RZR so I can't honestly answer you if you could hear it or not through a full face helmet.
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2009, 8:49 pm

Sounds great, thanks for the info. I will check yours out in a couple of weeks ;)
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2009, 8:22 pm

For in the helmet speakers check out Autocomm. I have their pro rider unit on my road bike and it works great even at 100 mph. It is an interface/intercom that you can plug anything that has an audio out into it. I have my XM, cell phone, ham radio 2 meter rig, and radar detector plugged into mine, and oh yea almost forgot, the wife too. It has helmet speakers and a very thin boom mike that has a great noise canceling mic. The mic has to be touching your lips, that cuts out false triggering from background and wind noise. The intercom works fantastic the wife and I can easily carry a conversation even when buzzing down the highway at 100.
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2009, 9:21 pm

guys I have a very close friend that is a Kenwood dealer. I should be able to get the software from him to program with, and an interface cable, I'm installing my ham radio dual bander in mine this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Communication while you ride   Communication while you ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Communication while you ride
Page 1 of 1