WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10007
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10010
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10018
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10011
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10030
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10036
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10055
Removable roll cage? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Removable roll cage? SpringRider10057

Removable roll cage? 100_3508
Removable roll cage? 100_3512
Removable roll cage? 100_3524
Removable roll cage? 100_3525
Removable roll cage? 100_3528
Removable roll cage? 100_3572
Removable roll cage? 100_3554
Removable roll cage? 100_3538
Removable roll cage? 100_3534

Removable roll cage? 106_6005-vi
Removable roll cage? 106_6098-vi
Removable roll cage? Dscf1320
Removable roll cage? Dscf1321
Removable roll cage? Dscf1322
Removable roll cage? Springride2010004
Removable roll cage? Springride2010005
Removable roll cage? Springride2010006
Removable roll cage? Springride2010008
Removable roll cage? Springride2010013
Removable roll cage? Springride2010020
Removable roll cage? Springride2010021
Removable roll cage? Springride2010022
Removable roll cage? Springride2010026
Removable roll cage? Springride2010030
Removable roll cage? Springride2010031

Removable roll cage? Springride2010049

Removable roll cage? NewYears201012-31-09037

Removable roll cage? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Removable roll cage? Vote_lcapRemovable roll cage? Voting_barRemovable roll cage? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Removable roll cage? Vote_lcapRemovable roll cage? Voting_barRemovable roll cage? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Removable roll cage?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoojs12840

Hoojs12840

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2010-06-14

Removable roll cage? Empty
PostSubject: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 10:50 am

Ok, now that I have the lift on and new tires on the way. I was wondering if their is anyway to make the cage easier to take on and off so it will fit in my ToyHauler?

I can take the stock one off in about 10min's and put back on in about the same time. It takes my wifes help which is frustrating as is anything my wife tries to help me with.

I was wondering if you cold create a joint right above the hood and backrest top that would put a solid piece of pipe abot 12' long "inside" the factory cage that would extend up and down 6inches on either side. Then it would only take 4 bolts, or possiably quck disconnect pins?

Jason
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 11:18 am

I dunno. I'm sure it could be done. That would take away from the safety and cause it to collapse in the event of a rollover. Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 5386
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 11:26 am

We have to let the air out of the tires on teryx to get it in the trailer
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
Hoojs12840

Hoojs12840

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 12:07 pm

If I took the tires completelyoff it might fit, but at that point it's easier to take the cage off.

I just posted some pics of our toyhauler in that thread. It's lightweight and low profile so the roof is lower than most.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 12:20 pm

How about chopping the cage all together?
Back to top Go down
Hoojs12840

Hoojs12840

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 12:42 pm

I thought about that. Once I get the new tires mounted. I will test it and see how much I need to cut. If I can do that I woud say thats the way to go. I always said if Polaris had designed the cage on the 400 like the RZR it would be more "trail capable".

Know anyone that does that type of work?
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 12:46 pm

I know in the Ranger I had there was little room to cut the cage ( I have a tall upper body ) , your gonna need to know exactly how much you need to cut the cage ( as a permant solution ) to loading into that trailer and how much room you need to drive it . You kinda need the 2 bolt system cause in a roll over you have twist in the roll cage this helps that joint stay strong and not give . I could see you changing one bolt for a Pin which would cut the time in half and give you something to hold the roll cage in place while you bolt it up . A air suspension might work as it would let you lower the entire ranger to it lowest point , then just air up to a riding height . I did not find a good solution to pulling the suspension down easily , I looked at putting Chain Dogs on the Arms and pull the suspension up by the frame ( lowering the riding height) but there is just a lot of tension in those springs once you get so far , and no good angle to pull from that was a solid piece . I tried the letting the air out the tires and did not like doing it , it really sounded like I was tearing the tires , then needed to air the tires up to get a good lock down in the trailer , which ment letting the air back out , then back up ( it got old thinking about it ) . I would suggest ( having had one ) to cut the cage if you have room too , if not then your just going to have to do what you are currently doing . I'm sure JBS could hook you up on a lowered cage , and even get it coated back looking factory or what ever look you want . By the way , nice looking setup , hope it works out where you can have fun with what you have .....
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 12:53 pm

JBS in WVA has been doing a lot of work for members of this site , he does a great job at all he touches , motors to welding to paint . He recently posted some roll cage work he did on a Race Can Am that looked really good . He is a site sponcer in MT Holly WVA .
Back to top Go down
Hoojs12840

Hoojs12840

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 12:55 pm

I could probably cut 4-5 inches of the height and still fit comofrtable, but I might just by an electric impact gun that would aid in take the top on and off easier.... plus I could use it for something else.

I will let HHR look at when we go to the ride on March 12th. Get a professional opinion on the matter.

Back to top Go down
punder

punder

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 1:01 pm

Would that be enough to get you in your trailer with out having to take the top off ? If so I can tell you taking that cage on and off will get anoying over time . My trailer was like 2" to short so I would have someone pull down on the tailgate as I pulled into the trailer , but if no one was avalible then I was stuck !! I later traded for a RZR which solved the height problem , but was considering what you are as a solution to the problem . Measure with the top off in the trailer , then transfer that measure with the top on and see if 4"-5" will get you in with out having to remove the top , it is so nice to just drive in your trailer and hook up .
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 1:10 pm

Thanks for the shout out Pun Removable roll cage? 722106 You gonna try to make it to the ride Removable roll cage? 824603 Removable roll cage? 795991 Removable roll cage? 795991 lol!

Yep ... I'll take a look at the ride Hoojs. Until then is there anything you can do with the bed system to make more room?
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 2:48 pm

WV Hot Rod Rhino wrote:
Thanks for the shout out Pun Removable roll cage? 722106 You gonna try to make it to the ride Removable roll cage? 824603 Removable roll cage? 795991 Removable roll cage? 795991 lol!

Yep ... I'll take a look at the ride Hoojs. Until then is there anything you can do with the bed system to make more room?

I'm Ready to see that Rhino in action ..... hope to be up soon , I'm missing the moutains .....
Back to top Go down
Hoojs12840

Hoojs12840

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 2:49 pm

The rear bed coud go up a few inches, but I think now my problem is the door frame itself. I will measure it next weekend.

We bought the toyhauler with thoughts of an RZR. But then Polaris came out with this and my son sat in it with all three of us at the dealer and we were sold on being able to take the whole family and we just bought a house with 6.5acres so it made the most sense.

In a year or two when my son is to big to ride with us I am going to get the RZR. Then I will load this in the bed of my truck and the RZR in the toyhauler on the weekends it's a family ride.

Back to top Go down
punder

punder

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2011, 3:39 pm

Wonder if there is a way to dove tail the trailer ? Another trick to try is using the space under the Ranger to get it in , try lowering the tounge of the trailer( raising the Rear ) to make the hinge of the Rear Door closer to the bottom of the ranger ( basicly lowering the ranger , try backing it in first to see if the angle is better . Like removing the Roll bar , its a little bit of work but if don't have to take a cage on and off it might be worth a shot . I noticed its the Bed in your trailer that is close ..... In the future maybe a RZR 4 , best of both worlds . Buddy of mine just did this and is really happy with the RZR 4 , he came from a Rhino 450 that he made into a 4 seater ( cage and all ) , but his sons Can am 90 X was out running him on the trails , the 800 was the trick .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removable roll cage?   Removable roll cage? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removable roll cage?
Page 1 of 1