WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10007
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10010
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10018
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10011
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10030
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10036
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10055
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! SpringRider10057

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3508
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3512
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3524
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3525
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3528
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3572
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3554
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3538
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 100_3534

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 106_6005-vi
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 106_6098-vi
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Dscf1320
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Dscf1321
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Dscf1322
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010004
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010005
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010006
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010008
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010013
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010020
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010021
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010022
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010026
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010030
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010031

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010049

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! NewYears201012-31-09037

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Vote_lcapUnstable RZR and Toe help!! Voting_barUnstable RZR and Toe help!! Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Vote_lcapUnstable RZR and Toe help!! Voting_barUnstable RZR and Toe help!! Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Unstable RZR and Toe help!!

Go down 
+2
bubba53
Thunter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thunter

Thunter

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Empty
PostSubject: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 12:10 am

My RZR has felt very unstable on a straight line at speeds 40 and above. Several times I have felt like the damn thing was just gonna take off in one direction or another. I've had to get off of the gas on a staight stretch of smooth gravel road because it feels like it's gonna roll over on me. It almost feels like the body is rolling left and right.

I had set my toe just by eyeballing it. This was a big mistake, today I measured it and i'm toed in
1 9/16" Obviously i'm gonna adjust this, but does anyone know if this would account for the RZR feeling like that?
Also just curious where you guys are setting your toe.

If anyone has any other thoughts on what could be causing this, please help!!
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 12:23 am

sounds like a tie rod end or ball joint....
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 12:32 am

bubba53 wrote:
sounds like a tie rod end or ball joint....

I do have two bad tie rod ends, the one on the Passenger side is the worst. I've been waiting on them for several weeks now, my dealer said there on back order.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 3:58 am

Tie rod ends. I lined mine up dead-on straight using the string method. It seemed to be driving worse all the time at higher speeds. Replaced the tie rod ends, and it handles great now. At 1100 miles I replaced ball joints, and done the control arm bushings. At the spring ride it started driving crappy, and I noticed slack in the passenger tie rod end for the 1st time. So, I guess these things will need attention once a year on mine.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 10:07 am

1/8 toe out works for me make sure everything is tight in front end it makes a difference in straight running and turning
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 11:43 am

it sounds like the tie rods like everyone above said. Something in the steering of off if it gets dicey at high speeds.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 1:29 pm

mason thomas wrote:
1/8 toe out works for me make sure everything is tight in front end it makes a difference in straight running and turning

I have play in both tie rod ends. They've been on order for a while now, so hopefully that will fix it.
I will adjust to the 1/8" out and try it as well. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 1:31 pm

No problem! Let us know if that works!
Back to top Go down
porkchop

porkchop

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 21st 2011, 2:04 pm

set it at least 1/8 out if not 1/4" is what the book calls for !
Back to top Go down
skidrow

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2011, 11:55 pm

check your tie rod end location on spindle ifyou took them off if they are on top it will drive like crap
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 12:01 am

skidrow wrote:
check your tie rod end location on spindle ifyou took them off if they are on top it will drive like crap

Ditto
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 12:27 am

bush wrote:
skidrow wrote:

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 232217

Already had that happen, although it was the dealer that put the tie rod ends on top.
I finally got the tie rod ends today, so i'm gonna put them on tomorrow and adjust the toe. I'll post how it handles after that. Hopefully that will fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2011, 3:19 am

Thunter wrote:
bush wrote:
skidrow wrote:

Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 232217

Already had that happen, although it was the dealer that put the tie rod ends on top.
I finally got the tie rod ends today, so i'm gonna put them on tomorrow and adjust the toe. I'll post how it handles after that. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Glad you got them before our ride. Bad tie rods scare me a little, and it would have sucked to have one come apart just because you couldn't get them.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Finzup

Number of posts : 2037
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2011, 9:45 pm

I use 1/4" toe-out and like it. If you've unhooked your front sway bar, you might want to try using it again. I notice a big difference in stability, at speed.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2011, 9:52 pm

Finzup wrote:
I use 1/4" toe-out and like it. If you've unhooked your front sway bar, you might want to try using it again. I notice a big difference in stability, at speed.

Apparently the guys on here were spot on when they said it was the tie rod ends. I replaced both tie rod ends yesterday and adjusted the toe to 1/4" out. Several of us went for a 55 mile ride today around Camp Copperhead and it handled great.

Thanks for all the help!! Unstable RZR and Toe help!! 834467
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2011, 10:09 pm

Great! Glad it worked out! Have fun and be safe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unstable RZR and Toe help!!   Unstable RZR and Toe help!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unstable RZR and Toe help!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM :: SxS Garage :: Polaris RZR-
Jump to: