WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
fan override switch SpringRider10007
fan override switch SpringRider10010
fan override switch SpringRider10018
fan override switch SpringRider10011
fan override switch SpringRider10030
fan override switch SpringRider10036
fan override switch SpringRider10055
fan override switch 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
fan override switch SpringRider10057

fan override switch 100_3508
fan override switch 100_3512
fan override switch 100_3524
fan override switch 100_3525
fan override switch 100_3528
fan override switch 100_3572
fan override switch 100_3554
fan override switch 100_3538
fan override switch 100_3534

fan override switch 106_6005-vi
fan override switch 106_6098-vi
fan override switch Dscf1320
fan override switch Dscf1321
fan override switch Dscf1322
fan override switch Springride2010004
fan override switch Springride2010005
fan override switch Springride2010006
fan override switch Springride2010008
fan override switch Springride2010013
fan override switch Springride2010020
fan override switch Springride2010021
fan override switch Springride2010022
fan override switch Springride2010026
fan override switch Springride2010030
fan override switch Springride2010031

fan override switch Springride2010049

fan override switch NewYears201012-31-09037

fan override switch Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
fan override switch Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
fan override switch Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
fan override switch Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
fan override switch Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
fan override switch Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
fan override switch Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
fan override switch Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
fan override switch Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
fan override switch Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 55 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 55 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
fan override switch Vote_lcapfan override switch Voting_barfan override switch Vote_rcap 
bubba53
fan override switch Vote_lcapfan override switch Voting_barfan override switch Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

fan override switch

Go down 
+4
pit dog
Milkman
Jet
ElmoEOD
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ElmoEOD

ElmoEOD

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2011-06-25

fan override switch Empty
PostSubject: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 8:48 pm

I know most of you have not had an over heating problem, but seems that the 2011's are a different animal all together. So I pulled out my service manual and dug in....

OK, on mine, I found out that the fan relay kicks on the fan when it gets grounded, also that the ground wire is Orange w/white stripe. I removed the fuse block so I could get to the back used a short piece of wire to ground that terminal to make sure I had the correct one... with switch on, the fan kicked on.. woohoo. Went up the line a little ways and spliced in another wire and ran it to a one side of a switch (SPST) and other side to ground. Now I can kick on my fan at anytime and and cool it down before it gets to hot.

BTW, this allows the fan to operate normally when switch is off... only issue I see is the service engine light comes on because fan is on when it shouldn't be...

(I figure there is a way to wire it with a (DPDT) so that it is lit when fan is on, but will work on that one later).

Next project it to put in a filter in front of the radiator to keep it from getting junk in it, going to order the materials next week.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

Number of posts : 4150
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 8:52 pm

ElmoEOD wrote:
I know most of you have not had an over heating problem, but seems that the 2011's are a different animal all together. So I pulled out my service manual and dug in....

OK, on mine, I found out that the fan relay kicks on the fan when it gets grounded, also that the ground wire is Orange w/white stripe. I removed the fuse block so I could get to the back used a short piece of wire to ground that terminal to make sure I had the correct one... with switch on, the fan kicked on.. woohoo. Went up the line a little ways and spliced in another wire and ran it to a one side of a switch (SPST) and other side to ground. Now I can kick on my fan at anytime and and cool it down before it gets to hot.

BTW, this allows the fan to operate normally when switch is off... only issue I see is the service engine light comes on because fan is on when it shouldn't be...

(I figure there is a way to wire it with a (DPDT) so that it is lit when fan is on, but will work on that one later).

Next project it to put in a filter in front of the radiator to keep it from getting junk in it, going to order the materials next week.

EXCELLENT BUDDY !

Back to top Go down
Milkman

Milkman

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2011, 9:04 pm

Excellent indeed. I wired a override in on my old atv to help keep it cool. I have thought about wiring one in on the rzr just havent looked into it much. Knock on wood I havent had any issues with my 11 getting hot and bothered.
Back to top Go down
pit dog

pit dog

Number of posts : 4423
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 12:46 pm

See if UTV inc has a override switch,it is a plug and play.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 1:06 pm

I would like to have a light on the dash that shows when the fan is on. I am thinking about wiring a light for that so I can monitor it.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 2:53 pm

TBONE21 wrote:
I would like to have a light on the dash that shows when the fan is on. I am thinking about wiring a light for that so I can monitor it.
Thats a good idea Tbone...keep us posted......
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 3:10 pm

I will thanks bubba
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 4:10 pm

bubba53 wrote:
TBONE21 wrote:
Thats a good idea Tbone...keep us posted......

excellent Tbone
Back to top Go down
jbeane

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 6:12 pm

to the orig poster.

another way you can do it is to get a relay and build a separate harnes. pull your power and ground from the battery and run you a small lighted switch to the dash. tap the power and ground in right next to the fan its self.

that way you can turn it on when you want, and it should still work off the stock relay when the switch is off. and might posibbly not turn the SEL light on.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Jet

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 8:28 pm

fan override switch Engineanimated

TBONE, you are gonna need one of these !
Back to top Go down
ElmoEOD

ElmoEOD

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 8:30 pm

jbeane wrote:
to the orig poster.

another way you can do it is to get a relay and build a separate harnes. pull your power and ground from the battery and run you a small lighted switch to the dash. tap the power and ground in right next to the fan its self.

that way you can turn it on when you want, and it should still work off the stock relay when the switch is off. and might posibbly not turn the SEL light on.

Thanks, but I can live with the SEL on, it reminds me that I have the fan on until I hook up the switch so it lights....
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 9:56 pm

you'all might as well relocate the circuit breaker/fuse while your messing with the electric...
Back to top Go down
ElmoEOD

ElmoEOD

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 10:21 pm

groundhog wrote:
you'all might as well relocate the circuit breaker/fuse while your messing with the electric...

already added in a 2nd fuse block... or do you mean move it off firewall?
Back to top Go down
groundhog

groundhog

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 10:36 pm

I'm talking about the little know fan circuit breaker that is located under the drivers seat. It is prone to getting wet and rusting out.

See this post on the rzr forum.

http://www.rzrforums.net/general-rzr-discussion/54173-2011-fan-issue-circuit-breaker-location-problem.html
Back to top Go down
scottwv

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-10-16

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 10:38 pm

pit dog wrote:
See if UTV inc has a override switch,it is a plug and play.

Their kits for the rhino are pretty kick a$$...I am running their over-ride switch, and their temp gauge kit. Instructions are VERY good...even have pics ! Only thing...wires are a LITTLE long (they ain't stingy w/the wire)...you can cut it down or loop it under the dash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fan override switch   fan override switch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fan override switch
Page 1 of 1