WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10007
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10010
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10018
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10011
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10030
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10036
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10055
Where can you ride with family/kids? 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Where can you ride with family/kids? SpringRider10057

Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3508
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3512
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3524
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3525
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3528
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3572
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3554
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3538
Where can you ride with family/kids? 100_3534

Where can you ride with family/kids? 106_6005-vi
Where can you ride with family/kids? 106_6098-vi
Where can you ride with family/kids? Dscf1320
Where can you ride with family/kids? Dscf1321
Where can you ride with family/kids? Dscf1322
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010004
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010005
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010006
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010008
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010013
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010020
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010021
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010022
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010026
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010030
Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010031

Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010049

Where can you ride with family/kids? NewYears201012-31-09037

Where can you ride with family/kids? Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Where can you ride with family/kids? Vote_lcapWhere can you ride with family/kids? Voting_barWhere can you ride with family/kids? Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Where can you ride with family/kids? Vote_lcapWhere can you ride with family/kids? Voting_barWhere can you ride with family/kids? Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Where can you ride with family/kids?

Go down 
+8
Hump
bcfatvs
sprint8
Timmi
BobT
Cale
Ron(09rzr)
baneco
12 posters
AuthorMessage
baneco

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-12-01

Where can you ride with family/kids? Empty
PostSubject: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 7:38 pm

Are there any places close to Ashland Resort that you can ride with your kids, or in my case grand kids? We have a large group coming there the end of April though May 7th, about 30-35 people. We just found out that no one under 16 is allowed as passengers on the H&M trails and several of us have kids or grand kids. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Ron(09rzr)

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 2011-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 7:48 pm

I thought they just had to be able to touch the floor...i have seen lots of youngsters down there...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 7:51 pm

u could ride outlaw trails......just hook up with someone that knows where to go
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 8:04 pm

I've seen alot of kids even some in car seats in sxs's but have never heard or seen anyone getting fined for it. I think H/M understands how popular it is to bring the family these days and that if they started fining people it would hurt their business.
Back to top Go down
baneco

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 8:15 pm

I agree it will or would hurt their business. I talked to a lady yesterday at the H&M office and she told me if caught with someone underage in my Ranger I would be fined and loose my Ranger. We have been to Tennessee, Kentucky and several other places with no problems. They advertise is as a family atmosphere, maybe that means as long as they are 16 or above? I am sure most of the group will cancel if we can't have our kids with us.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 10:24 pm

I don't know where you got that age restriction but the link below will take you to the HM Rules and Regulations. The only age restriction is that anyone under 18 be accompanied by an adult.

HM Rules and Regulations
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 10:26 pm

I have never heard that and I don't see that on their site. Call and ask them :1-800-592-2217

baneco wrote:
Are there any places close to Ashland Resort that you can ride with your kids, or in my case grand kids? We have a large group coming there the end of April though May 7th, about 30-35 people. We just found out that no one under 16 is allowed as passengers on the H&M trails and several of us have kids or grand kids. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
sprint8

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 6th 2013, 11:16 pm

It says that you have to follow the manufacturers reccomendations as far as age and size of passengers.

What age do the major manufacturers say as far as age of passengers.

I plan on getting a side by side in a year or two to be able to take my son who is 6 months now riding with me. I do enjoy the hatfield mccoy trails as well as the outlaws.
Back to top Go down
bcfatvs

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 2:47 am

A buddy of mine talked to one of the ladies behind the desk at Ashland last year and she told him that as long as his or her feet touched the floor or foot pegs, then they are legal regardless of age. She told him that the whole age limit rule has to be in print on their website and brochures for legal and political reasons, which makes since. I have seen tons of youngsters up there on big atvs (500cc plus) and never heard of any of them getting a fine. You gotta remember, the Hatfield trails are out to make money, and by enforcing such strict rules on the younger crowd would hurt their business. Most of the youngsters are there with their parents and or relatives and that means big groups which means more money for the Hatfield folks and the local economy.
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 3:56 am

I don't have my owners manual handy, but I believe it says that passengers feet must be able to reach the floorboards while being buckled up. Drivers must be 16 or older. I don't think it said anything about age. I don't think you will have any problems at all as long as you are not hauling babies around, or have a 10 yr old driver ripping it up in a sxs.

H&M rules pretty much go by the manufacturers recommendations on everything.

Only big deal for you is the fact that everyone needs a permit, not just the driver.
Back to top Go down
Gadget

Gadget

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2009-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 7:31 am

build a false floor plate .
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 7:45 am

rayray's feet don't touch the pedals and they let him on H/M....
Back to top Go down
baneco

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 8:49 am

I was hoping that they were just covering themselves in case there was a problem. My grandson rides with me all the time and he is three. He is in a approved child seat strapped in a seat belt. Obviously I don't ride extreme trails with him and would never put him in danger. My 900 Ranger and my 800 crew owners manual does say no passengers under the age of 12, no drivers under 16. Are there a lot of outlaw trails in that area where you can ride if there is a problem?
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 8:54 am

[quote="baneco"]I was hoping that they were just covering themselves in case there was a problem. My grandson rides with me all the time and he is three. He is in a approved child seat strapped in a seat belt. Obviously I don't ride extreme trails with him and would never put him in danger. My 900 Ranger and my 800 crew owners manual does say no passengers under the age of 12, no drivers under 16. Are there a lot of outlaw trails in that area where you can ride if there is a problem?[/quote
There's more then enough outlaw trails to keep you busy for a few day's if not more.
Back to top Go down
baneco

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 9:10 am

Thats good to know, thanks. How would you find these trails or who would be best to get ahold of. I do appreciate the help from you guys that know the area.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 9:40 am

baneco wrote:
Thats good to know, thanks. How would you find these trails or who would be best to get ahold of. I do appreciate the help from you guys that know the area.
Just post the exact dates you are gonna ride and maybe one of us can be there to show you all around...
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 10:47 am

I would ride H/M anyway and would not worry about what age the kids are but that is me.There are more outlaw trails in that area than H/M has but you got to know where they are so it's best to ride with someone that knows them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
baneco

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 11:20 am

Most of us will be there April 30th through May 6th. Thanks again, you guys have been a great help. We are looking forward to riding out there.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 11:25 am

baneco wrote:
Most of us will be there April 30th through May 6th. Thanks again, you guys have been a great help. We are looking forward to riding out there.

Just post a new thread a week before you go I'm sure some of us will be there if only for a day ride we could show you some good outlaw trails.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
baneco

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 7th 2013, 12:39 pm

Sounds good to me, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
PUPS

PUPS

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 10:49 am

I hooked up with a couple of guys from West Virginia SXSs last year, awesome bunch of guys, excellent riding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can you ride with family/kids?   Where can you ride with family/kids? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can you ride with family/kids?
Page 1 of 1