WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10007
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10010
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10018
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10011
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10030
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10036
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10055
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home SpringRider10057

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3508
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3512
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3524
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3525
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3528
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3572
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3554
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3538
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 100_3534

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 106_6005-vi
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 106_6098-vi
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Dscf1320
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Dscf1321
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Dscf1322
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010004
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010005
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010006
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010008
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010013
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010020
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010021
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010022
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010026
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010030
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010031

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010049

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home NewYears201012-31-09037

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Vote_lcapWindshield cleaning on the trail and at home Voting_barWindshield cleaning on the trail and at home Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Vote_lcapWindshield cleaning on the trail and at home Voting_barWindshield cleaning on the trail and at home Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home

Go down 
+7
Timmi
amiller
T Wood
JOHN DILLARD
punder
ElmoEOD
itsavrod
11 posters
AuthorMessage
itsavrod

itsavrod

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-10-30

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Empty
PostSubject: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 9:12 pm

I love my windshield for keeping the cold and rain off me but it gets dirty and I just guess where I'm going!

What do you use to clean them on the trail?  What do you do you do to really get them clean in the garage?

I have the Polaris lock and ride poly.
Back to top Go down
ElmoEOD

ElmoEOD

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 9:19 pm

Rain-X Washer fluid in a spray bottle.... most of the water just beads up and falls off and a lot of the mud does the same.
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 9:20 pm

I wondered about using that ....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 9:22 pm

I have a sprayer (like a garden pump sprayer) that I keep on the machine full of clean water. When the windshield get dirty, we spray it off  getting the dirt off the windshield and then squeegee the windshield. About every other stop or every 3rd, I will break out the lemon pledge and spray the windshield and wipe it off with a micro fiber towel after the above mentioned cleaning in done.
Back to top Go down
JOHN DILLARD

JOHN DILLARD

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 9:58 pm

2 gal new gas can 12 volt garden sprayer pump 8 ft 3/8 hose number 0.1 pressure washer nozzle works great I catch a lot of crap about it tho.   LOL
Back to top Go down
JOHN DILLARD

JOHN DILLARD

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 10:01 pm

And it works great as a radiator cleaner also or to spray your wife if she gets overheated about something. LOL
Back to top Go down
T Wood

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2013-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2014, 10:02 pm

I have the Polaris windshield. In the garage I clean mine with some stuff called Plexus and a microfiber towel.On the trail I basically do as Ross mention above except I use the plexus instead of the pledge.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 12:51 am

Armor all xtreme shield wax!! best out there hands down apply before the ride and wipe dry and all you need is straight water and the mud rinses to the bottom,squeegee dry
Back to top Go down
amiller

amiller

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 1:28 am

AMEN....
Back to top Go down
http://www.millerlandscaping.net
Timmi

Timmi

Number of posts : 1623
Registration date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 8:15 am

T Wood wrote:
I have the Polaris windshield. In the garage I clean mine with some stuff called Plexus and a microfiber towel.On the trail I basically do as Ross mention above except I use the plexus instead of the pledge.
Yep, that's what I use. Acrylic and even polycarbonate will scratch. I will get the emp hard coat windshield if I need another one or maybe make me a frame and put safety glass in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbshotrodperformance.com/
Rick S

Rick S

Number of posts : 2791
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 12:26 pm

I us the armor all extreme shield wax on windshield and body great wax for both i use a round up garden sprayer to clean windshield out on trail when it is freezing i put windshield washer in sprayer  thumbs up 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 2:02 pm

I used the Armor All Extreme Shield Wax on mine as well and then cleaned half of the windshield with Lemon Pledge to feel the difference. The pledge side was much slicker so my thinking is the dirt, mud, water will be more prone to slide off. Take the Lemon Pledge Test and feel the difference!
Back to top Go down
Gary

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2014, 3:32 pm

safety glass  take rag and wipe
Back to top Go down
chilly2031

chilly2031

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2014, 4:08 pm

The best sprayer I have found are the fire extinguisher that you put water in and pump it up with a air hose. It sprays water like a garden hose. We take 2 of them whenever we go camping for cleaning winshields at camp but we don't carry it on the trail.
Back to top Go down
JimBob

Number of posts : 1756
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2014, 4:53 pm

HEY DILLARD YOU WON'T SPRAY THE QUEEN SHE WILL Big Laugh  dynwim  Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home 870268  WHIP YOUR BUTT.  GOD BLESS THE QUEEN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home   Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windshield cleaning on the trail and at home
Page 1 of 1