WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10007
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10010
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10018
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10011
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10030
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10036
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10055
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. SpringRider10057

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3508
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3512
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3524
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3525
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3528
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3572
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3554
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3538
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 100_3534

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 106_6005-vi
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 106_6098-vi
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Dscf1320
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Dscf1321
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Dscf1322
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010004
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010005
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010006
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010008
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010013
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010020
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010021
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010022
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010026
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010030
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010031

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010049

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. NewYears201012-31-09037

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Vote_lcapA question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Voting_barA question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Vote_rcap 
bubba53
A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Vote_lcapA question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Voting_barA question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.

Go down 
+8
MarkW
sprinklerhead
Seasonedsole
Clayboy
RickV
redneck49
Bundy78
Bobby D
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Empty
PostSubject: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 11:03 pm

I've only had my Rhino since Nov. I've ridden an ATV (Honda) for 10 years and a Yamaha before that. Still, the side by sides are some different to me. My question is this, can an old man with a new machine and stock tires keep with you guys on one of your group rides? One of the big reasons I don't hang out much at Rhino.Net forums any more is all those guys want to do is go 100 mph everywhere they go and most of that is in or on SAND! I'd rather take it easy enough to look around a little and ride in the woods. Like most other Hillbillies I'd much rather ride the Eastern Forrest than that freaking sand! Most all ya'll boys got after market mud tires and seems everyone has a winch. I'm on a retirement pension and have to buy my extras one at a time as I can afford them. So, you guys take it a little easy on the old man?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2009, 11:45 pm

woodtick i think you will do fine riding with us. on the big rides its slow going most of the time. but on the rides that are just a few of us its a faster going. but eather way we will stop and wait on you at each turn. no one will be left behind.

and this site will be for SXS and there will be no sandfleas here. just good ol countyboys that like to ride and have a good time.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

Number of posts : 14579
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 12:56 am

We want run off and leave you Woodtick and you will be fine with stock tires too :71:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wvsxsriders.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 12:59 am

But to get the most out of your Rhino . you do need some better tires.
always make it the best you can. stock tires do sux compaired
to good tires anyday. ;)
Back to top Go down
Bundy78

Bundy78

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 1:04 am

I have a set of Duro powergrips on my rhino and they work great! They look just like a big horn and the only cost 250. So those will be a good starting point on the cheap side of these things.
Back to top Go down
redneck49

redneck49

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 2:32 am

hey woodtick my wife and i are looking to hook up with some folks to ride.and she doesn't like the realy fast stuff and i use to be one of the go fast sand guys but now i'm older and ready to just cruise the trails and enjoy all the nice trails the east has to offer. besides its easyer on the body and alot cheaper.
Back to top Go down
RickV

RickV

Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 9:59 am

Woodtick, watch the old man comments, I'm right behind you. Rolling Eyes Just kidding. No worries, especially when the wife goes along. I like riding the technical stuff more than just getting it. It is like mountain climbing, I'll do it because its there. Have you every ridden 5 points? It starts in eastern Doddridge county between West Union and Salem.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy

Clayboy

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 12:56 pm

I will try and make this short and sweet. I always run any new toy on stockers for at least 400 miles because it just might have to go back where it came from and I dont want to loose and $ if that happens. That being said, when I got my 08 and me and my wife were riding I put her in the 07 with 27" Swamplites so she would have some better ground clearence and traction, thinking I'm doing a good thing. She would drive the 08 every now and then and decided she liked it better with the stockers. She said it was easier for her to steer and felt more comfortable in it being just a tad lower. She made us boys look pretty stupid sometimes because we would have to take 2 or 3 tries to get though a rough spot and she would zip right on up with her little red stock Rhino. For me, I want some meat on the wheels, but I do understand that these machines are very capable in stock form. Hope you get something from all that, cause that short and sweet part didn't go so good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 1:03 pm

No i haven't ridden 5 points. In fact this is the first I've heard of it. Who owns the ground? Westvaco? State? I ride mostly in Wirt County on a lot of Westvaco ground. I still call them that even though they have been sold a time or three and the name is no longer correct, but this way everyone knows who the heck you're talkin about. Tell me about it. What kind of riding is it. Wirt Co. where I ride is a mix of a little gravel, old logging roads, mud roads / trails and roads like Little Two Run that had a small creek flowing right down the road for 3/4 of a mile. Rock Run area along the Little Kanawha River drainage is where I'm talking about. Near Burning Springs WV off of RT 5.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 3:12 pm

All i will add is this , I myself would not like to climb
trail 87 at Brimstone with stock tires on anything. But
Specialy if i owned a Tyrex.... :98:

My Rhino had not trouble with my 27 XTR's.
I like them..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 3:20 pm

My Nephew got a set of Terra Cross I think they are. He likes them right well. They're radials and seem to go real good. He bought new wheels and went up to 14 inch. When I get new tires I think I'll still stick with the 12's. Chris do your Mudlite XTR's look like they're gonna wear good?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 3:29 pm

Woodtick wrote:
My Nephew got a set of Terra Cross I think they are. He likes them right well. They're radials and seem to go real good. He bought new wheels and went up to 14 inch. When I get new tires I think I'll still stick with the 12's. Chris do your Mudlite XTR's look like they're gonna wear good?

400 hard miles in trail and rock crawling . and the rears , the nobbies are just bearly
rounded , and the fronts still have the little rubber titties
on them. so Yes i would say there wearing pretty good.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Seasonedsole

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2009, 9:03 pm

I've ridden With Bobby on several occasions and have not heard of anyone disappointed. You'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 11:59 am

Everything about my RZR is stock except for my sound system and i have NEVER had any problems with getting thru the ruff stuff.I occasionally go for a few high speed blasts but they dont last long.I have more fun sipping a cold one and enjoying the views.I USED to race go-carts,jet skis,dirt track late models,and the old body has taken some major punishment.Cant make money at what i do all laid up and out of commission.The last time i rode,it was about 60 miles round trip and g.p.s. recorded 17m.p.h. as average speed. :105:
Back to top Go down
MarkW

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 8:48 pm

Woodtick,

Stock is fine you can go anywhere we can go, some places like tight turns and narrow runs, better than us.
Never feel lacking, when you ride with quality peeps like these guys, if you can't go, they'll tow you, pull you, carry you.
Like Chris said I think, no one is left behind.

Ride, have a good time, for me the people make the ride.

M
Back to top Go down
RHarrah

RHarrah

Number of posts : 555
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2009, 8:57 pm

Woodtick wrote:
I've only had my Rhino since Nov. ... Most all ya'll boys got after market mud tires and seems everyone has a winch. I'm on a retirement pension and have to buy my extras one at a time as I can afford them. So, you guys take it a little easy on the old man?

If you are riding with a group someone will winch you out of your trouble.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2009, 1:05 am

RHarrah wrote:
Woodtick wrote:
I've only had my Rhino since Nov. ... Most all ya'll boys got after market mud tires and seems everyone has a winch. I'm on a retirement pension and have to buy my extras one at a time as I can afford them. So, you guys take it a little easy on the old man?

If you are riding with a group someone will winch you out of your trouble.

Ditto on that there is always plenty of winches avaliable when riding in even small groups A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 988103
Back to top Go down
sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 10:22 am

This past summer,i made it up stair steps at wagon wheel with stock tires and a passenger.It got kinda hairy at one point but i did make it.Needless to say tho ,i had to run down to riders paradise to have a cold one and get my shit back together.Passenger enjoyed it even less. :79:
Back to top Go down
Gary

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 10:36 am

springerhead you should have seen a s10 truck go up the ss several years ago .He did make it but lost all his beer ,cooler,an spare tire.it was one great show but lucky no one got hurt even more fun watching him go down the truck had a good bow behind the cab at bottom :lol:
Back to top Go down
sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 10:57 am

Now that is insane!!!But i would have loved to seen that.One thing for sure...you dont EVER lose that forward momentum on the way up..... :84:
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

Number of posts : 2775

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 12:34 pm

Simoniz and I were in an F350 with a lift and on 35's that went up it several years ago, that was interesting.
Back to top Go down
sprinklerhead

sprinklerhead

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 1:29 pm

man that sounds like something i would love totry but damned if id try it if that was my only transportation back outta there.It would definitely be something i hauled down there A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. 924720
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 1:49 pm

believe it or not this is what the stair steps looked like about 7 years ago. It wasn't in this good of shape when we did it in the F350 but it was MUCH better than it is now.

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Burkemtn_025
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 1:59 pm

I remember those days that's when I rode a Wolverine 350 and I use to play on them and getting air on every step then get to the top and turn around and do it over & over again :124:
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 2:00 pm

Daryl, that picture sure reminds of some good memories!!!
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 2:24 pm

Yeah it was a great hill, run up as hard as you could get air off one step and land on the next and keep going. I wish it was still like that.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 2:31 pm

Same here... Alot of good trails are no longer there BUT... there's are lots of news trial as well...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: I see now why   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 4:48 pm

all ya'll boys got side by sides! NEEDED THE EXTRA TO HAUL AROUND THOSE NADS! This busted up, old, arthritic knucklehead ain't about to try something like that! Not any more anyway. Perhaps back when I was younger, and much dumber than now. But no more! There is still a lot of my pension I want to be around to collect! HA HA HA.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 5:17 pm

Woodtick wrote:
all ya'll boys got side by sides! NEEDED THE EXTRA TO HAUL AROUND THOSE NADS! This busted up, old, arthritic knucklehead ain't about to try something like that! Not any more anyway. Perhaps back when I was younger, and much dumber than now. But no more! There is still a lot of my pension I want to be around to collect! HA HA HA.

I don't like climbing really steep hills in my RZR because I can't jump off of it like I could on a 4 wheeler :126:
Back to top Go down
neuromax

neuromax

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2009, 5:20 pm

I am with you on that Bobby, I really don't even like climbing the view but I do it. I also unbuckle when I do and unlatch my door LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.   A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question for you guys, Bobby, Bush & Others.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next