WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10007
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10010
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10018
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10011
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10030
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10036
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10055
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock SpringRider10057

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3508
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3512
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3524
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3525
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3528
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3572
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3554
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3538
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 100_3534

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 106_6005-vi
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 106_6098-vi
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Dscf1320
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Dscf1321
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Dscf1322
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010004
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010005
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010006
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010008
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010013
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010020
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010021
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010022
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010026
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010030
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010031

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010049

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock NewYears201012-31-09037

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Vote_lcapOutlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Voting_barOutlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Vote_lcapOutlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Voting_barOutlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock

Go down 
+2
BobT
Country
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Country

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 3:51 pm

I've heard that some of the Burning Rock trails connect with the Outlaw trails. Does anyone know which ones?

We took a trip over to burning Rock for the 1st time last weekend and saw a lot of "Do Not Enter" signs on branching trails that look to have had regular trafic on them. We have another 3 day trip planned over Memorial Day weekend. I'd like to explore the Outlaws if I knew a little more about them...

Also, I down loaded the 1.8 WV trails map into my GPS and can't seem to see the maps. Just all the waypoints... Is there a way to see the map on my unit and follow along?...

Thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 3:54 pm

I have been told they do as well but I am not exactly sure where. Someone will chime in here after while. I am 99% positive they do.
Back to top Go down
Country

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 3:59 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 4:19 pm

Yes, the trails should show up on your GPS. You may have to be at a certain level. When you installed the map it installed the original GPS tracks on your computer in C:\program files\GPS Maps\WV ATV Trails 1.8\GPS tracks

There should be a file called WV ATV Trails 1.8.gdb This is the original gps tracks.

Copy this file to an easier place to access it and open it in Mapsource, this will show you what the trails look like. It will show several routes/tracks between Barkers Creek and BR. Also shows trail to old railroad tunnel and gas in Coal City.
Back to top Go down
Country

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 4:41 pm

Bob, thanks for the reply.
I did just what you described above in Map Source. Then uploaded to my Oregon 400. I could then see the tracks in track manager. When we got to Burning Rock I though if I opened the map on the unit I would see the same map I see in Map Source, but it wasn't there. Only thing showing was the BR trailhead mark, but no trails. I zoomed in and out and never was able to see the trails on the map. Not sure what I'm doing wrong? I'm not to familiare with useing GPS. I bought it just for this trip and future trips. I was able to keep the track back function on and it did mark where we rode...

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
wvbill

wvbill

Number of posts : 310
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 4:59 pm

I have done it, (Beckley to the Wagon Wheel, going by burning rock just as it was about to first open) but we went through Rhodell not Coal City. but it is possible to go either way and not a simple route either way imo. below is link to a topo map i used when we did it. I actually looked at going through Coal City then Odd but it looked longer on the map and we had made a few trips getting closer each time. so we stuck with what we knew. Going through Rhodell we came out in Herndon. my Brother may still have the track logs on his e-trex I will check. honestly I have rode over there since i was 5 and it was tough to put it all together. also we were on ATV's and it was about 2-3 years ago, you could run into some issues on property or trail conditions. I wouldnt recommend it unless you are very familiar with the area or have some real good GPS info.......

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B98Zs_H9DK3rNTU5MzA4ZTAtNDM2NC00N2NhLTkxMGItNzc4NjE5YjlmZTY5&hl=en
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 7:10 pm

Country, I assume you loaded the map onto your GPSr since you say you can see the BR Trailhead which is on the map unless you got if from somewhere else. Did you see the BR trails, they are on the same map.

I know of other people with Oregons and the maps work on theirs. I am not sure how you do it on an Oregon but somewhere under "Maps" you have to select a map to have it show up. Make sure it was checked, the WV 1.8 is a transparent map that will show on top of whatever base map your GPSr came with.

We do not go to BR via Coal City. We go through and past BR and take the trail around/through the old railroad tunnel and then pop into Coal City for gas. We then usually go to Sophia for the Chinese Buffet and take the road for about 10 minutes to BR just North of the Old Church.
Back to top Go down
Country

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2011, 10:45 pm

I'm not sure what the problem is with the 1.8 map showing up on my Oregon. I just spent 45 minutes playing with it and can't find a setting that will allow the trails map to show up in my main map. Looks like all the waypoints show up. Just not the tracks between them. So no trails... I can get a single track to show up one at a time only by choosing a saved track or waypoint. But the names of the tracks don't really mean anything to me so it's hard to find the trail I'm looking for. Haven't been able to see ant of the BR trails...

All the trail maps show on map source. Just not im my gps where i need them. Im pretty sure im just not doing something right. I down loaded the 5/2 updated wv 1.8 map into map source today. I'll try re sinking my gps to map source tomorrow. Maybe the map will show then? Sure wish I could get it to work.
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 9:55 am

I will check to make sure I do not have a problem with 1.8. There are several places I could have screwed something up.

Go to the link below and get version 1.7. I know it works. The only difference is 1.8 has some trails to and around Anawalt.

WV ATV Trails 1.7
Back to top Go down
Country

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 9:59 am

Thanks Bob. I'll try that.
Back to top Go down
Country

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 11:33 am

I still can't get the trail maps to show up on the topo map. I've been trying diferant things all morning with no results. Very frustrating...
I can see "way points" on topo map, but no tracks or trails. I can get a single "track" to show on the map by going to "track manager", selecting a track and pressing "view on map". That doesn't seem very useful though. Most tracks begin at some random point on the map and end at the way point/track name with no other details or info.

I've cleared all the tracks and way points and re loaded 1.7, but this netted the same results as 1.8. Cleared everything again and loaded 1.8 back. Same thing... Tried to paste 1.8 in the "Custom Map" folder on Oregon and that didn't work either. Guess I just don't know enough about it to figure out what I'm doing wrong...
Back to top Go down
Country

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 11:52 am

I finaly figured it out! All the trail maps are showing now!

Alright!...
Thanks Bob!
You the man!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 5386
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2011, 11:54 am

BobT wrote:
Country, I assume you loaded the map onto your GPSr since you say you can see the BR Trailhead which is on the map unless you got if from somewhere else. Did you see the BR trails, they are on the same map.

I know of other people with Oregons and the maps work on theirs. I am not sure how you do it on an Oregon but somewhere under "Maps" you have to select a map to have it show up. Make sure it was checked, the WV 1.8 is a transparent map that will show on top of whatever base map your GPSr came with.

We do not go to BR via Coal City. We go through and past BR and take the trail around/through the old railroad tunnel and then pop into Coal City for gas. We then usually go to Sophia for the Chinese Buffet and take the road for about 10 minutes to BR just North of the Old Church.

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock 371404 China One Kicks Azz!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
kennylacy

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 11:15 pm

I grew up riding burning rocks trails on a motorcycle (before it was burning rock). We ride by them ever time we go riding. Anytime we go to the Wagon wheel we leave from our house in Crab Orchard on the Can Am.
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 11:49 pm

kennylacy wrote:
I grew up riding burning rocks trails on a motorcycle (before it was burning rock). We ride by them ever time we go riding. Anytime we go to the Wagon wheel we leave from our house in Crab Orchard on the Can Am.
When you going back this way to the wagon wheel....I would like to go from James and Niki's house..thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock   Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outlaw trails that connect with Burning Rock
Page 1 of 1