WV SXS RIDERS / WVTRAILRIDERS.COM
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Thanks for visiting us! Check out our forum here and on HotRodForums.net. Visit us on www.JBSPerformance.com for ultimate performance parts and accessories for your SXS !!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wv trail riding on side by sides

HomeBannerLatest imagesRegisterLog inVideos
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide133
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide131
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide136
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide140
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide148
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide121
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide161
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide186
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide190
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide126
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide194
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide195
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide197
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide217
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide221
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide229
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide234
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide253
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide256
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide258
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide276
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide280
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide287
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide159
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide293
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide299
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide305
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide315
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10007
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10010
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10018
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10011
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10030
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10036
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10055
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2010WVSXSRIDERSSpringRide119
Idea to modify a-arm bushings SpringRider10057

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3508
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3512
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3524
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3525
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3528
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3572
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3554
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3538
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 100_3534

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 106_6005-vi
Idea to modify a-arm bushings 106_6098-vi
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Dscf1320
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Dscf1321
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Dscf1322
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010004
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010005
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010006
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010008
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010013
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010020
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010021
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010022
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010026
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010030
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010031

Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010049

Idea to modify a-arm bushings NewYears201012-31-09037

Idea to modify a-arm bushings Springride2010032

Latest topics
» Happy Thanksgiving
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2021, 9:07 pm by Timmi

» 2020 JBS Fall Ride
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2020, 11:26 am by Timmi

» 5 points/ Wallace wv
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2020, 9:22 am by Timmi

» Wildcat
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2020, 6:29 pm by Timmi

» Released a new WV ATV Trails Map
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeApril 13th 2020, 1:59 pm by richrzr714

» 2019 JBS Spring Ride
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2020, 8:09 am by Timmi

» 2014 rzr 800 fuel pump don't come on and motor will not turn over
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2019, 12:32 pm by John

» Apologies
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJanuary 3rd 2019, 11:52 pm by Carolinarhino

» Creston Poker Run
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeOctober 10th 2018, 11:35 pm by Bubbaz

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 650 on November 11th 2021, 8:48 am
Top posters
Bobby D
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Vote_lcapIdea to modify a-arm bushings Voting_barIdea to modify a-arm bushings Vote_rcap 
bubba53
Idea to modify a-arm bushings Vote_lcapIdea to modify a-arm bushings Voting_barIdea to modify a-arm bushings Vote_rcap 
rayray
WV Hot Rod Rhino
shawn
Hump
pit dog
Jet
big g
simoniz
Top posting users this month
No user
Most active topic starters
bubba53
Bobby D
WV Hot Rod Rhino
JimBob
ElmoEOD
punder
Finzup
neuromax
rayray
Steve K
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Idea to modify a-arm bushings

Go down 
+9
punder
simoniz
bubba53
Woodrowhaid
Thunter
shawn
Finzup
Hump
Cale
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cale

Cale

Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Idea to modify a-arm bushings Empty
PostSubject: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 6:29 pm

Found my front bottom bushings were junk again after not to many miles on them. So I got to thinking there has to be a better way and came up with this idea with some Honda parts I had laying around. I took the stock RZR bushing and cut some off the end to compensate for the thickness of the end caps cut a grove around the inside for the gasket to cover about half the bushing and half the a-arm, then the end cap fits over all of it. I thought if it keeps some of the mud and crap from getting in there they might last longer. I figure it can't be any worse then the stock set up. What do you guys think?

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2012-013

Last edited by CCrider on July 29th 2012, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 6:33 pm

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2012-014
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 6:36 pm

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2012-016
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 6:40 pm

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2012-017
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 6:41 pm

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 2012-018
Back to top Go down
Hump

Number of posts : 4683
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 8:02 pm

I don't know if it will help at all, but anything is worth a try. Nothing can suck worse than the factory setup.
Back to top Go down
Finzup

Finzup

Number of posts : 2037
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 8:21 pm

Looks good. What happens to the excess from greasing?
Back to top Go down
shawn

shawn

Number of posts : 5230
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 9:51 pm

good idea, keep us posted on what happens
Back to top Go down
http://hanshewshawn@yahoo.com
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2012, 11:59 pm

I was thinking about welding extra tabs to the frame so I could do away with the bushings and run cheap heim joints from Summit Racing. I don't know how long they would last, or how noisy they would be. It would cost alot of money and time to do it. They kind of money that would buy a whole lot of bushings. I'm just so sick of working on it instead of riding.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

Number of posts : 1339
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 12:25 am

They dealer that has sold me the last 3 Popo's is in Vegas this weekend for the big Polaris convention. He said he is gonna get ahold of some of the engineers there and give them an ear full. I told him to let them know just how pissed some of us are getting over stupid stuff like those bushings. Hopefully they will listen!!!
Back to top Go down
Hump

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 1:09 am

I know we run these things very hard in the worst conditions, but I run my 450 rhino harder than the rzr because I have to in order to keep up. I don't have as many miles on the rhino, but I have beat on it hard on enough rides that I know the rzr bushings and ball joints would have been toast. I can deal with the ball joints. The bushings get under my skin a little. But, those freakin driveshaft yokes just piss me off! I've had to ride the 450 for the last month, and beat the crap out of it. Don't handle as good, steering wheel position is like a tractor, seats are to high, no suspension travel...but it's ready to go again right now. I'm just a few beers away from selling the rzr and doing some custom work to the rhino, and riding it while someone learns how to build a sport sxs with acceptable qualitiy.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 1:15 am

Hump wrote:
I know we run these things very hard in the worst conditions, but I run my 450 rhino harder than the rzr because I have to in order to keep up. I don't have as many miles on the rhino, but I have beat on it hard on enough rides that I know the rzr bushings and ball joints would have been toast. I can deal with the ball joints. The bushings get under my skin a little. But, those freakin driveshaft yokes just piss me off! I've had to ride the 450 for the last month, and beat the crap out of it. Don't handle as good, steering wheel position is like a tractor, seats are to high, no suspension travel...but it's ready to go again right now. I'm just a few beers away from selling the rzr and doing some custom work to the rhino, and riding it while someone learns how to build a sport sxs with acceptable qualitiy.

Sounds like you are where I was with my RZR. Nothing major, just a bunch of little stuff to fix after every ride. If I wasn't such a stickler for finding things that was wearing out and fixing them before they left me stranded on the trail, I might have had more fun. Those bushings were my biggest gripe!!
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 1:17 am

Sorry CCRider, Didn't mean to hijack your thread!!
Back to top Go down
Woodrowhaid

Woodrowhaid

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 2:33 am

I Like it

Ditto Hump on the Rhino, i just ride it and have to work on it very little... but the RZRs looks so nice and drives like a sports car! Why can't I have both in one!
Back to top Go down
bubba53
bubba53

Number of posts : 12045
Registration date : 2009-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 8:27 am

Thats a great idea....I hope it works....
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 10:23 am

Thunter wrote:
No problem, I feel the same way. I probably don't have 400 miles on these bushings,maybe a trip to WV. and the rest is just around the house. I've got almost 5000 miles on my Rincon and have only replaced some of the bushings once. I don't like how the rzr bushings fit in so loose,every quad I've owned you had to grind the old ones out and it took some force to get the new ones in,the rzr ones fall in and out on their own. i don't know if my idea will work but I thought it was worth a try.
Back to top Go down
simoniz

simoniz

Number of posts : 2840
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 12:56 pm

I hope it works too. Been thinking about doing the same thing for a while. Either that or just going with Heim joints!
Back to top Go down
punder

punder

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 1:00 pm

Maybe drill a weep hole , just a small hole that grease can push out of but not big enough for grit to get in . With a small hole its more likely to hold the grease in and not let it all push out .
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 1:18 pm

Might try the weep hole. I have to figure out what part of a 250r the rubber seal came off of. I had it in some parts laying around from when I use to race. I think it's off of the swing arm bushing, i'm going to take it to my dealer and see if he can figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 2:20 pm

CCrider wrote:
Thunter wrote:
No problem, I feel the same way. I probably don't have 400 miles on these bushings,maybe a trip to WV. and the rest is just around the house. I've got almost 5000 miles on my Rincon and have only replaced some of the bushings once. I don't like how the rzr bushings fit in so loose,every quad I've owned you had to grind the old ones out and it took some force to get the new ones in,the rzr ones fall in and out on their own. i don't know if my idea will work but I thought it was worth a try.

Maybe we need to start an email campaign to get Honda or Yamaha to throw their hat into the Sport SXS market. lol! Competition is a good thing, thats why I'm happy Artic Cat stepped up. Hopefully Can Am will soon follow!! Correct me if I'm wrong but only Polaris and Artic cat make a utility machine and a sport machine. All the others try to put both into one package.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 1:11 am

CC let me know how this works for you. I replaced my lower front lower A-arm bushings about a month ago and I am trying a little experment of my own. I am keeping a log of what I do. I replaced the bushings after 830 miles. There are guys on the RZR Forums that swear by not greasing the bushings. So I'm not gonna grease this lastest set I put in and I'll see how they do. I figure the most it can cost me is new bushings and sleeves, but at least I'll know if it does any better.
Back to top Go down
ElmoEOD

ElmoEOD

Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 1:26 am

Thunter wrote:
CC let me know how this works for you. I replaced my lower front lower A-arm bushings about a month ago and I am trying a little experment of my own. I am keeping a log of what I do. I replaced the bushings after 830 miles. There are guys on the RZR Forums that swear by not greasing the bushings. So I'm not gonna grease this lastest set I put in and I'll see how they do. I figure the most it can cost me is new bushings and sleeves, but at least I'll know if it does any better.

Terry, most of them ride in DRY conditions, it's the grit the water carries in that does the damage.... I have switched to the synthetic green grease.. marine grade, gonna see if that help, I know it has been mentioned on here before.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 1:43 am

ElmoEOD wrote:
Thunter wrote:

Terry, most of them ride in DRY conditions, it's the grit the water carries in that does the damage.... I have switched to the synthetic green grease.. marine grade, gonna see if that help, I know it has been mentioned on here before.

Yea I know, but the guys that swear by it say the grease becomes a magnet for the dust and all that grit is like sand paper. It kinda flies in the face of logic to me though. I would think that those bushings not being lubed would wear out very quick. I have been applying grease after every ride and it hasn't helped much. I have been using the Lucas extra heavy duty. Like I said what have I got to lose besides bushings. Will let you know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Woodrowhaid

Woodrowhaid

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 8:17 am

I think it's a great idea too Thunter... good pics showing set up too. If that seals pretty good I think it'll be much better!
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

Number of posts : 5386
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 9:07 am

Hump wrote:

i have drove them all....come drive mine once and you will have nothing else....or ride with me and you will see it will take it Yahoo! Yahoo! Yahoo! its like a tractor with a blower ROFL ..
Back to top Go down
http://www.jbsperformance.com/
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 9:10 am

a cam for a rhino is cheaper than one set of bushings ROFL Big Laugh Rhino ................... RZ
Back to top Go down
Cale

Cale

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 9:22 am

Wish I had a metal lathe and the know how to use it so I could make the bushings myself.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 2:33 pm

Idea to modify a-arm bushings 495894 Idea to modify a-arm bushings 495894
Back to top Go down
JimBob

Number of posts : 1756
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 6:00 pm

THUNTER I'LL HAVE TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE IN A REAL MAN'S MACHINE.
Back to top Go down
Thunter

Thunter

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 6:48 pm

JimBob wrote:
THUNTER I'LL HAVE TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE IN A REAL MAN'S MACHINE.

What is HHR gonna loan you his Rhino for a couple days? If not where are you getting this machine??Idea to modify a-arm bushings 474532
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea to modify a-arm bushings   Idea to modify a-arm bushings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea to modify a-arm bushings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next